“Super employees but services need work”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #32 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
“Super employees but services need work”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

All the employees were super nice. The room did not have enough towels, wash cloths, or cups for coffee. I called guest services right away and this was never resolved. I picked up extra towels at the pool. You have to walk through the front lobby to get to the pool. The back door to the pool was locked. The water pressure was decent and there was plenty of hot water. The air conditioning struggles to keep the room cool in the heat of the day. The restaurant was mediocre at best. The wait staff really needs customer service training. The wait was horrible and the food was expensive for the product you receive. The pizza from
room service was reasonably priced and very good. The rest of the items on the menu were overpriced. For instance, a cranberry juice was $5. The next time I visit Ft Worth I will choose the Omni.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Cutemom347
john y, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2014
Thank You so much for your feedback. Please accept my apologies where we failed to meet your expectations, especially with the services. We truly dropped the ball in this case. I will make sure these items are fixed. I hope you will give us an opporutnity to earn your business once again, please call me to discuss if there is anything I can do to make the difference.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Starting in late July the hotel will be undergoing renovation. This is much needed.

Stayed for leisure without the kids. Love the Ft. Worth lifestyle.

Pros: Staff was efficient since hotel was packed full of convention people. Lobby and room appeared clean. Location was good because Molly the Trolley picks you up at the door every 15 minutes.

Cons: I was not recognized as an SPG holder, once again! $20 to park per day or $25 for valet per day. Hotel was crowded. Pool was crowded. Sheets were itchy. Soap dish was missing. The bar in our room did not have any amenities such as alcohol.

Club lounge:
The club lounge was open but the food was cold. We had cold appetizers and cold eggs in the morning. There was no free beer or wine served in the lounge which had been offered at other SPG hotels. Service was lacking and late!

I would stay again but only after they renovate the hotel. Everyone hates to pay to park Sheraton! Everyone! At least let us park our own car for free or let us get our parking validated so park for free. I would have ordered room service but I spent my extra cash on parking.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite that was more a flat than a suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the conditions you experienced. We are very excited about the full hotel renovations currently under way, and hope you will give us another chance to earn your business. Feel free to contact me either by phone or email to review your stay, and see if I can make the difference.
Carthage, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Bill under the door in the morning had a charge for a bottle of water never left the room asked the front desk about this they took it off the bill . very next stay same thing not sure how many rooms they have but 5.00 per room per night for water that's a lot of money..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Mike B
Thank You so much for your feed back. Please accept my apologies for the water charges. I will review the procedures and make sure everything is back to standards on charges for convenience items. We are very excited about the full hotel renovations currently under way, and hope you will give us another chance. Please let me know how I can make the difference.
Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We absolutely enjoyed staying at this facility while attending an event at the Convention Center. Every staff person we encountered were pleasant and welcoming. Even when we had an issue with housekeeping the hotel handled it perfectly.

Room Tip: High floor is better. We had a room on the south tower with windows on 2 sides.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank You so much for your kind words. we are very excited about the renovations and the comments have been fantastic. I look forward to your next visit to Fort Worth !!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Housekeeping service was exceptional... Best I've seen in many years of business travels. Everyone on staff I ran into were very helpful and cordial. My 11th floor room was clean and nicely furnished to handle my business needs. Typical high prices in the on-site restaurant but food was fine (didn't have time for dinner elsewhere). Nice sized common area but not too many people were found there in the evenings. They have a reasonable sized gift shop open late each night. Only a $5 difference in self park and valet car fees. Nice location as it was maybe 7 or 8 blocks from the downtown activities. Across the street from FT Worth Water Park - don't miss walking over there for a few minutes or even hours as it's open until 1130pm ... Absolutely worth the time....

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank You for your kind words.....I look forward to taking care of you in our newly renovated rooms on your next visit to Fort Worth.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff were welcoming and accommodating. The quality of the rooms (furniture, bedding, carpeting, etc.) was on the low end, but they are apparently beginning a remodel of the facilities. There were less options for television stations than I would have expected. The hotel felt like it was clean. I was on the club level and had access to a complimentary breakfast and evening drinks/snacks. I only went to one evening, but had breakfast every morning. It was a nice selection with a couple of hot items, fruit, and the typical pastries. The attendant was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank You so much for your feedback. We are very excited about the full hotel revovations currently under way and scheduled for completion by year end. I hope you will let us take very good care of you in one of the renovated rooms when you are back in Fort Worth.

Ormond, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Even a property that is (supposedly) being refurbished (which it sorely needs) should provide a hotel services directory in every room. Failure to replace cups for the Starbucks coffee machines and to replace tea bags (not to mention toiletries in the bathroom) is inexcusable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Felix B
Thank You so much for your feed back. Please accept my apologies for the disappointments during your stay. I will review with our Housekeeping Manager to make sure everything is back to standards. We are very excited about the full hotel renovations currently under way, and hope you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me either by phone or email to review your stay, and see if I can make the difference.