“Dispite the Negative reviews!”

Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek
Ranked #15 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Dispite the Negative reviews!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Hotel was old but very clean... Staff was nice and even offered tickets to Billy Bob's that night. Elevators are slow but I was never in a hurry. AC needs updated in rooms and lobby as well. Having many bad reviews I was Sceptical but booked because of shuttle to stockyards. This is a 40 to 50 dollar savings alone. Shuttle driver ( Omar) was very polite and curtious took us right to the front door of Stockyard Rodeo. He does accept tips... and if you use the shuttle for travel. He earns every penny with his comedy and fast delivery to your destination. OMAR was a 5 star ride at a 3 star hotel. Beds were semi-comfortable not like home but nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello and Thanks So Much For The Review!!!

I am so pleased that you had a great stay at our hotel. Funny thing, I am the one who was giving out complimentary Billy Bob's tickets so I hope you enjoyed the show. Can't wait to see you and your group back at our hotel in the future. You were great to have as guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Perry, Ga
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked a room at the Radisson three months prior to our visit and were told that payment would be due upon arrival. We were charged for the room in its entirety a month before we arrived, along with some extra fees. Once this was settled, our stay was decent. The room was clean and staff was friendly but the room was very humid and carpet felt damp throughout the entire room. After leaving the hotel, there was a $75 charge on our credit card to which the man at the Radisson said was due to changing rates during our stay. This was never disclosed to us during booking or checking in.

• Stayed June 2014
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. I appreciate the kind comments about the staff. We do authorize $25.00 per day for possible "incidental" charges you may wish to post to your room. These authorizations typically drop off of your card within two days. I sincerely hope this was the case for your card but feel free to contact me if this has not been resolved. Hope to see you back at the Radisson Fossil Creek in the future!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Its a convert from a Holiday Inn and that shows. Accommodations are strangely separated from the reception and restaurant. The entrance has an over the top fountain which is way too big for the space. Has its own night club which is not open every night but is well regarded as a music venue. Maybe that's why the rooms are in an adjoining building.

Pleasant staff, great value breakfast but not gourmet fare.

My room was on the 5th floor, big enough, clean and reasonably well laid out. Slightly noisy older ac unit, comes with fridge, microwave and a good enough TV. Good desk space to work at and not crowded with stuff like many hotels do. I always like free wifi and free parking so that's a plus for this place.

I had one complaint which was the grab bar in the shower was very loose. I didnt need it but someone a bit unsteady on their feet might have been in trouble. I told the front desk at checkout and they assured me they would look at it, seemed quite professional.

Room Tip: Near a highway so try for rooms on the East side.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I will definitely share your comments with my staff and I will make a point to have the room attendants and supervisors find and report issues as important as a loose tub bar. Again, thank you for the review and I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Chickasha, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend at the Radisson. I was hesitant because I had seen mixed reviews about it, but we had a very pleasant experience. Parts of the hotel were a little dated, but everything had been updated well. The lobby area was beautiful and the breakfast was very good and reasonably priced. We arrived after 7 on Friday night, so we ate dinner there. The food on the dinner menue was mediocre and very expensive, but again the breakfast was well worth the money and very good. The layout of the hotel is a little different, after check in, you have to walk quite a distance to the rooms and we did notice quite a bit of noise from people walking by our room late on Saturday night. They were prompt about cleaning the rooms and the bed was very comfortable. There was no refrigerator in the room. We have 2 boys and like to buy milk and juice for them to have in the room, but we brought an ice chest for backup.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I want to personally thank you for the positive review about your stay and our staff. I always pass along feedback of all kinds to my managers and associates so we can either give positive reinforcement or use comments as a training tool. Built in 1986, the Radisson Fossil Creek does have an unusual layout with elevators only in the middle of the building. I will make sure my front office team is directing guests to park closer to the elevators. I do hope to see you at our Radisson again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will take good care of you.
Fort Worth
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is our second stay here and we enjoyed it. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our family. Will definitely recommend and continue to stay here when in town. The room met our expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel and it's staff! I can't wait to see you back for a third visit.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had a great time at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and they had already upgraded me as I began the check-out process, which I really appreciated. I loved my suite and I always enjoy Jacuzzi bathtubs :)

The hotel is a little old and I don't know if it really should be graded as a 3-star hotel on many of the hotel sites -- I didn't mind at all but some people might not expect the Super 8 style manual air conditioners at a 3-star hotel.

No central heating and the age of the hotel was not a problem at all. I felt like I had 5-star service at this hotel. Although I didn't eat the complimentary breakfast (I am not really a breakfast guy), I checked it out for fun and it did look very good.

Also, it's not that far from anything. Yes it is out of the way, and not centrally located, but I could get downtown rather quickly. And I love In-N-Out so I had to make a stop over there as well, took me about 15 minutes. Not that bad

My only suggestions:
- make sure to give the elites their "thank-you gift." Again, I don't really care but a lot of elites do.
- ponder putting a Fitness Ball in the gym for ab work outs and such

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you so much for the very good review of our hotel. We are known in the area for some of the kindest and customer focused staff and I guess that really showed during your stay. We are working on room and building improvements so hopefully you will see this in future visits. Thanks again and I hope to see you back at the Radisson Fort Worth soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Came to the hotel a part of a large group and it was nice to have the rooms and room keys ready. Was a little concerned when we walked into the lobby because of the cigarette smell. Once we made our way through the maze from lobby to the elevators the smell went away. The rooms were clean but a little small and dated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the kind comments about your stay overall. I want you to know that we are always doing things in our rooms to upgrade them so you should see product improvements every time you stay. Thanks again for the review. We do appreciate the feedback.