“Great hotel for the $$”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, United States
“Great hotel for the $$”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here as a part of a group function. This hotel stood out because there is a large fountain in the middle of the large lobby. My 3 year old loved to run around it and it kept her entertained. We stayed for a full week so we had lots of opportunity to interact with the staff, and also made several special requests, all of which were handled quickly. Everyone on staff we met was great, very friendly and helpful. I'm gonna guess it's good management that recognizes good people and works to keep them, or at least that's what I hope for their sake. Anyhow, it was family friendly and we would definitely stay again if in the area overnight.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review and comments about our great staff. I am blessed to have a great team so I take good care of them. So glad that you enjoyed your stay and I sure hope to see you back at the Radisson Fossil Creek in the future!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Fort Worth
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was really convenient having a bar/club on site, as well as a restaurant. The hotel lobby is very nice and the rooms are satisfactory. The bed was huge in the standard room and very comfortable. The staff was also very friendly. The hotel has a great location near the freeway so it's not too far from downtown nor from the stockyards bar scene. We will be staying there again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

thanks for the great review and I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel, the beds, the night club and our convenient location. Can't wait to have you back with us again in the future!!!
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Vicki was a wonderful lady, tried to help me because I sleep lite gave me directions to where I had to go nice older place elevator needs to be checked out didn't open for almost a minute. Swim area looked great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

I appreciate the nice comments about our front office team member. We do have a great team. I also want to thank you for the good advice about the different sides of the hotel. Being so close to a major highway is a great thing for accessibility to all of Fort Worth but the traffic sounds can be bothersome to some people; especially light sleepers. Hope to see you back soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here this past weekend for a moms weekend away. The rate was very good ($99) and it was a seem less checkin. The room was very nice- comfy bed.
We used the hotel bar quite a bit. Apparently Cassidy's is a favorite hangout of the locals. Crazy busy on the weekends. Awesome bartenders- Shannon (I think) and Jaryn know how to mix drinks!
My only complaint is the shuttle service, which was a huge selling point in booking here. Be prepared to get a cab back from the stockyards- one shuttle with 30 people waiting and no guaranteed ride before the last shuttle.

Stayed July 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel in your review. I do want to apologize for the shuttle issue and not being able to get back from the Stockyards. If this ever happens again, and I am taking steps to make surer it doesn't, we will certainly pay for your cab ride.
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed this last weekend at the hotel. We booked with them because they are recommended on the Billy Bob's Texas website and offered discount and shuttle rides to and from the stockyards. Called to go over at 7:30 shuttle finally got picked up about 15 minutes late. We are not unreasonable people things do come up so no biggie. We got I ride over. Were told to call by no later than 12:30 for a ride back. Driver had given us his number to call. Number didn't work so called the hotel and let them know we were ready. Was told 2 more shuttles were running but they were full and they could call a cab if we wanted them to. Was not happy with that response. Walked out to get a cab and ran into 2 other people that had ridden over with us and they had been told the same thing. Got back to the hotel and told the front desk that they had some very unhappy people that got stuck in the Stockyards. Felt like I got blown off. Saw the other 4 people from Waco that rode over with us a little while later and they were told the same thing about shuttle pick up. It cost us all $30 each to get back. I don't call that good business to advertise free shuttle rides to get people to stay and then not honor it. Very unhappy guest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Belinda Mike B
I want to personally apologize for the shuttle issues that you encountered while staying with us. We usually do a great job with our shuttle service but we did have issues on the night you stayed. Our issues should not be your issue and I am sorry that we let you down. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before your next stay and I will guarantee your shuttle service or we'll pay for your transportation.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Radisson Fossil Creek for the 4th of July weekend. The hotel looks simple on the outside but you will be pleasantly surprised once you check in. The staff was very nice at check-in and the hotel is very clean. The rooms are nicely furnished and the bedding is super comfortable. I would give high marks for the overall experience, comfort and cleanliness of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was delicious and offered at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thanks for taking time to write a positive review of our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you also for your kind comments about our associates. I have to say I am very fortunate to have such a great team. See you next time!!!!!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Hotel was old but very clean... Staff was nice and even offered tickets to Billy Bob's that night. Elevators are slow but I was never in a hurry. AC needs updated in rooms and lobby as well. Having many bad reviews I was Sceptical but booked because of shuttle to stockyards. This is a 40 to 50 dollar savings alone. Shuttle driver ( Omar) was very polite and curtious took us right to the front door of Stockyard Rodeo. He does accept tips... and if you use the shuttle for travel. He earns every penny with his comedy and fast delivery to your destination. OMAR was a 5 star ride at a 3 star hotel. Beds were semi-comfortable not like home but nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and Thanks So Much For The Review!!!

I am so pleased that you had a great stay at our hotel. Funny thing, I am the one who was giving out complimentary Billy Bob's tickets so I hope you enjoyed the show. Can't wait to see you and your group back at our hotel in the future. You were great to have as guests.