“Average for price”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20)
Ranked #63 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
San Antonio, Texas
“Average for price”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good service and friendly staff. The rooms were a decent size and the beds were comfortable. There was a good selection of channels to watch on TV. The breakfast in the morning doesn't have very many choices, but is decent for being free

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Danielle_jimenez,

Thank you for your recent stay. Thank you for your compliments regarding our friendly staff and good service. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the breakfast selections. We appreciate all your comments and we certainly welcome any opportunity to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for close proximity to the Colonial Country Club which hosts the Crowne Plaza Invitational. We arrived early, so couldn't check in until we returned from the tournament. Front desk was accommodating and allowed us to leave our vehicle as we took a cab to the course. They used Yellow Cabs and they were very good. If anyone is going to the tournament it cost us about $17 to get there.

Rooms: The room was clean, which is the biggest thing for me. The bed was comfortable and linens nice and white. Yes, they are going to have to do some repairs in the near future. I did notice some grout that needed to be redone in the bathroom, and some of the wallpaper is starting to peel away at the corners. These are not things that will keep me from giving a good review, however they will need to be dealt with sooner rather than later. The bathroom was clean as well.

Breakfast: The breakfast was nice. Warm options including eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, waffles. Also many breads and pastries, yogurt, cereals, fruit drinks and milk and coffee. The only downfall, and not a big deal, is that it is a small area, so you can't fit many people around the food area. You kind of have to weave your way around.

Location: The location was fantastic! Right by the highway, and TONS of restaurant choices around! There is a Target practically next door, and pretty much anything else you would need is right around the corner. Excellent location.

If we are in the area for the tournament again we wouldn't hesitate to stay here. We booked on priceline and got a rate of about 50% off list price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aurora B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your travel needs. It give me great pleasure to hear that your stay was a wonderful experience.

I am looking forward to seeing you in the near future and if there is anything that I can do , please do not hesitate in letting me know.

Aurora Burciaga
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

First off the toilet handle feel off. Called front desk to get it fixed. The guy put me on hold for over 5 mins so hung the phone up and called back he said he had to put me on hold again because he was busy! So my father law sat on hold for another 10 mins and I went in the bathroom to try fix it. I got it to hold for the night. So I told my father inlaw hang up. The front called back another 10 to 15 mins later saying that no one was here to fix it. I told I got it to hold for the night.
Next the ceiling in the bathroom is peeling and mold on it. The tiles around the toilet is loose. The toilet can be moved side to side.
The beds are so old that there is a dip in the middle of it.
All three nights we been staying here the kids that are staying here from a bowling team are running the halls and next to us being loud and hitting the walls. And the ones above us sound like they are going to come through the floor. You would think they would quiet down and go to bed since they are bowling in one of there biggest tournaments of the year. And they have to be there by 7am.

The first night we stayed we had to have maintenance fix the t.v. Because it didn't work.

For the amount it cost to stay here a night this weekend you would think it would be in better condition then it is. Also lot of the plugs your plugin falls out of the wall.

We stay all the time at holiday inns express all over the country and this has to be one of the run down one we stayed at. Think god we check out in the morning!

Also the wireless internet keeps kicking you off all the time.

We are staying in room 228 and in the morning will be having nice chat with the front desk. Hopefully a manager will be here. Can't see paying this amount for a hotel like this!!

Stayed March 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Jerry_Bruce,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the condition of our facilities and the service you received. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have stayed here before and had a good experience. This time the room was not the greatest - peeling wall paper in the bathroom and what looked like mold on the shower ceiling. The worst part was a problem I had with customer services and billing. This is the email I sent customer service detailing what happened:

This is the email I just sent to the Holiday Inn customer service department via their website: I checked in on Tuesday January 7. There was already a company card on file with the hotel, but I presented my personal debit card at check in. Less than 15 minutes later I noticed the entire amount for the room had been put on my debit card. I called the front desk and let them know that they held the entire amount of the room on my personal card, and that I needed that charge reversed as I had bills coming out of that account and was concerned about overdraft fees. The person I talked to said they would take care of it. On Thursday morning it was still showing up on my personal account so I called the front desk again. The woman I talked to, Autumn was very rude and told me there was nothing she could do, and that I would have to call my bank. I asked her to have the manager call me when they got in. Let me reiterate - she was very rude about the whole thing. By 1:00 the manager had still not called me so I called and talked to someone else. She said the manager was busy - she looked up my account and was very nice. She said she could take care of it, but would still have the manager call me. The manager never called. I called back around 5 pm and the manager said it had been taken care of and it should show up on my bank account. She apologized for Autumn being rude, but did not seem too concerned about the entire problem. A WEEK LATER the amount is still not reimbursed to my account and I now have $136 in overdraft fees due to this error. My secretary called the hotel and asked for receipt for our corporate card and a receipt was sent to her with the last four digits of my credit card on the receipt. I called AGAIN and asked to talk to a manager. One was not available. I AGAIN explained the problem to the person on the phone and she said she would call me back in three minutes. She never called me back. Today I called AGAIN - another man answered the phone. He looked it up and within one minute said he took care of it and would send me a receipt. If he was able to take care of it in one minute, why was it not taken care of the first time I called 8 days ago! I have never had this poor of customer service at any hotel in my life. I have stayed at this hotel several times when I attend trainings at TCU and know they regularly use your hotel. With so many other options I will suggest they go somewhere else. I would appreciate in the least a more sincere apology, an explanations of why this took over 8 days to correct when I notified the hotel about this less than 10 minutes after I checked in, and I would like the hotel to compensate me for the overdraft charges I incurred because of your mistakes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stacey B
HIExpress_I20, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Stacy B,
Thank You for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for the mix up with your charges and the lack of effort placed into resolving the issue. We strive to accommodate every request and can understand your dissatisfaction. Rest assured your feedback will be used as a coaching tool for reservations and front desk clerks, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the service that you have grown accustom to us providing and is known for, please accept our sincerest apologies and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Dawn Romeo - General Manager
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Dawn and Felix and the others at the front desk were wonderful in providing the facilities for our recent business meetings for 6 days, and working alternative arrangements on site when the meeting room was not available due to a known prior booking. They were constantly striving to make our meetings comfortable and made us feel welcomed. I highly recommend this facility, and will certainly call on them again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HIExpress_I20, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear ctodd-pts,
It was a great pleasure taking care of you and your group meeting room needs, we look forward to seeing you'll soon.

Dawn Romeo - General Manager
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The front desk gal was amazing in making us feel welcome. She could not have been better at her job in any way. The facility was clean and updated. The free internet worked very well. The breakfast was very well done too.

• Stayed December 2013
HIExpress_I20, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear 13discerning_travel,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are so happy that your stay with us was excellent and beyond what you expected we do look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Dawn Romeo - General Manager.
Salado, Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here a few weekends ago visiting some friends. The hotel was very convenient as it was close to so many restaurants and the mall. The front desk was helpful in providing me directions to the places I wanted to visit. Very pleasant and helpful staff; made me feel very welcome. Had a room on the top floor, at the end of the hallway, that was very quiet and comfortable. Very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Top floor, at the end of the hallway!