“Visiting Ft Worth?”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive
Ranked #42 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Lovely room and super staff. I left my phone behind and the Manager was most helpful in getting it to me. I highly recommend this conveniently located Fairfield!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive

Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel has been recently renovated and features modern decor and super friendly staff. I reserved 2 rooms during a busy weekend (almost all hotels in downtown were booked) and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Fairfield Inn. The bed was SUPER COMFY - nothing like typical hotel mattresses, and something I would expect in a high-end, 4-5 star hotel.
We booked a King room and a King Suite and both were superb - the king suite was spacious and enough room for several people to hang out in comfortably.
Breakfast was complimentary the next day and the hotel also has a large indoor pool & hot tub. Dave Moran is the general manager and his customer service was excellent - he was extremely attentive and friendly and you could tell he ran a tight ship! I would absolutely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone. Book here first when you're looking for a quality Fort Worth hotel! Conveniently located in walking distance of restaurants, jogging trails, Fort Worth Zoo, and lots of fun shops.

Room Tip: The King suite is a great value and plenty of space to hang out. Stayed right by the elevator and wa...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenjen006969
ForthWorthHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate and rely on feedback such as yours in order to continue to improve our operation.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that we met your expectaions. We hope to see you again when in the Fort Worth area.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I reserved two rooms at the Fairfield for a girlfriends reunion (5 of us) in late April. We were on the second floor at the back of the hotel (rooms 221 and 223). Although the hotel is close to I30 and railroad tracks, we never heard traffic or train noise. The hotel was quiet and very comfortable. The rate was reasonable and the staff courteous and helpful. The complementary breakfast offered the usual buffet of waffles, cereal, toast, yogurt, bagels, coffee, juice, and fruit. The pool looked inviting (we didn't swim). The exercise room is small: treadmills and weights. So overall, this is a good place to stay for the money. The hotel's location (University Drive) makes it an excellent choice. You'll be minutes away from the Fort Worth Zoo, Botanical Gardens, TCU, and the cultural district (museums). Several restaurants are within reasonable walking distance (without crossing University).

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the freeway (I30) and the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AggieAbroad
David M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your "girlfriends reunion". Thank you for your valuable input regarding your experience. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We got this hotel through a Priceline bid and we were very pleasantly surprised. We took our children (7 and 5) to Fort Worth for a long weekend (3/24 to 3/26) to visit the zoo and Log Cabin Village. We have stayed before at a Marriott Residence Inn, and this seemed quite similar except for the rooms which are more traditional hotel rooms instead of suites with kitchens. The woman who greeted us and checked us in was very friendly and extremely helpful. The housekeeping staff were very pleasant, and we were very happy with the breakfast service (the woman who ran that was in constant motion keeping everything stocked). There was a small indoor pool about 3 feet deep which was perfect for my five year old daughter. The location was perfect for people who don't like to get in their cars. From the front, on University, it looks like the location isn't great for walking because there is a busy street and lots of suburban type chains. However, if you cross a small street in the back, you have access to the Trinity Trail system. We walked from the hotel to the zoo (about 3/4 of a mile) and we also walked downtown (Trinity Trail to Trinity Park and then 7th street to downtown) and it was a pleasant long walk. I think you could do an easy walk to the Arboretum or Log Cabin Village, though we didn't actually do the walk. They had a handy fold up map of the trails in the hotel lobby and I can imagine that if you brought bikes, or really liked to walk, you could probably find pleasant routes to much of central Fort Worth. We did have to drive for food, because we couldn't find restaurants we were interested in nearby. We only paid $70 per night on Priceline, so obviously it was a great deal for us. The regular price is much more expensive ($140??), and I cannot say whether it would be worth it because I can't stomach the $100 to $150 prices that hotels often charge. I gave a five for value based on what we paid.

Room Tip: Our room was right over the entry way roof, so we didn't have much of a view, though it didn'...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
David M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Fort Worth Fairfield Inn & Suites!!! We're glad you enjoyed your time here and we hope to have you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed here with my wife on a trip to the Ft. Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. Located near the intersection of I-30 and University Dr., this hotel is very convenient to the cultural district with art, history, and science museums and the Will Rogers Coliseum. We were greeted by two very friendly young men, who checked us in very quickly. Even though it is near the highway, the road noise was minimal. The bad point was that the overpass channeled the train noises and whistle right to our window. The room was very clean and well-decorated, but a little crowded with cabinet for microwave and frig, nice desk and chair, chest w/flat screen TV, king bed and side tables, and a reading chair. The bathroom was large and clean with nice fluffy towels. I found the bed too soft but my wife said it was "like sleeping on a cloud" and really liked it. We both disliked the small foam pillows. Although we did not eat in the hotel, we checked out the breakfast area in the morning and it appeared to offer a good selection of fruit, cereals, breads, waffles, and microwave breakfast sandwiches. There are good restaurants within walking distance and fast food and Chili's across the street. Although more expensive than I usually look for, you're paying for a clean, safe, comfortable room, very close to the cultural district and event center. This will be our choice when we are in Fort Worth again.

Room Tip: Request room away from highway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
David M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you for your input regarding your recent visit. While we are fortunate to have a great location with the Cultural District, restaurants, shops and Trinity Trail, we also have the rail yard. While I understand your discomfort with the beds I am glad your wife was in "heaven". We look forward to having you back as guest in the future.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We have been staying at this hotel several times a year for the past 10 years. The rooms are always clean, the breakfast good and the staff friendly. We always stay here during the Stock show and they are booked solid. Still, things run smoothly. They also have an indoor pool and hot tub that the kids enjoy. Bottom line, if you are going to be in Fort Worth going to the zoo, stock show or even TCU, this hotel is the place to stay. It isn't the fanciest in Fort Worth but for the price, it can't be beat!

Room Tip: The rooms on the University side of the hotel have more road noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank for your feedback regarding your recent visit! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, we do fill up quickly for the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. So be sure to make your reservations early. Again, thank you for staying with us and being such a loyal guest. We are glad we made such a great impression. We look forward to having you again next year!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

My girls and I went to ck out TCU and I love this hotel. It is super easy to find and easy to get on the freeway. It is slightly away from the College Busy area, which is great to get on freeway. It is located behind a Macaroni Grill, which made it easy to just walk there. Hotel is safe, quiet, super clean rooms, and friendly staff. The beds, linen, carpet, and bathrms were clean. We slept awesome! The continental breakfast helped out tremendously. We woke up late and the Breakfast employee just pulled out some food for us and made us feel at home. THe A/C works great in the rooms. If my kid gets accepted at TCU, I am going to call this place home for our visits.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family