“Clean and Neat Fairfield in Good Location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Fort Worth
Clovis, NM
“Clean and Neat Fairfield in Good Location”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Unfortunately for the last few years Route 820 has been under construction and this hotel and Beach St are difficult to get to. The Beach exit is closed and you enter at the Watauga exit and traverse a two lane road with concrete blocks on both sides to Beach. Get a map or use a GPS. The hotel itself (I've been there dozens of times) is excellent, clean and has comfortable beds. Staff are like personal friends and will go out of their way to make you feel at home. The property will undergo remodeling in a couple of weeks but in my opinion doesn't need it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine and elevator. Noise from the outside is not a problem but 2nd and 3rd...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
What a delightful review! Thank you for taking the time to post this, I am glad the team has lived up to your expectations, and we all look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully soon!

Kindest Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We decided to stay here because of proximity to our meetings and price. This was a very clean and nice hotel. We were a little nonplused to discover that there were no suites with two beds in them. All suites had one king and a convert-a - couch for a second bed. While the couch was comfortable, there should be some suites with two beds in them. Some of the regular rooms had two beds, but not the suites. Apparently this hotel is due for the "big remodeling" according to our friendly and chatty front desk person. This place serves pop corn and good chocolate chip cookies on check in and offers a morning breakfast from 6 to 9 am M-F and 7-10 am S-S. I personally think that the breakfast hours should run until at least 10 during the week and 11 or 12 on the weekend. Its more hospitable that way. The breakfast had its usual assortment of over carbed offerings (waffels, cereal) but in addition, hard boiled eggs and some kind of corporate omelet looking thingie was also offered a nice protein alternative. The bed was comfortable and the TV while small had HD stations, a nice surprise. I am told that after the remodel there will be much larger TV's and more selection of stations. The hotel had free WI fi and a business center that was unfortunately not separated into its own room but stuck out in the lobby area. When I tried to use the Computer, there were a bunch of individuals having a few drinks and one had taken the Computer chair and joined his friends. Needless to say , I was unable use the computer. This computer should be in a separate room to prevent this kind of thing from happening. It was in all a passable experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a complimentary upgrade to a suite. More room and 2 TV's
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Belgedoc1
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for staying and for your review. Great to hear that our location was ideal for all your meetings. We will have many changes and upgrades with our renovation beginning next month, and would love the opportunity to welcome you back upon completion. Thank you also for the detail you put into your review. This is the best way we can look into implementing any changes that might be necessary.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Its a value priced hotel which does need some renovations.Staff was exceptionally good and helpful which more than offsets the much needed renovations.Breakfast was typical like any other Fairfield but they did have evening Popcorn and cookies

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed our special touches given with you, the guest, in mind. We look forward to our renovation beginning in 3 weeks, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back with our new look later this summer!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

In the beginning, the staff accommodated my room requests. I've stayed here a few times over the last several years. I had a good experience until this stay. Housekeeping was terrible. I didn't feel comfortable sleeping on the pillows, walking barefoot on the carpet nor touching the table or nightstand before wiping them down. I found a nasty can wrapped in plastic with some redish brown stuff coming out of it under the bed sham on one bed. Ewww! There
were crumbs & used napkins
behind the nightstand &
plastic wrappings under the other bed sham. Housekeeping was sent immediately after I
notified the front desk, but
the housekeepers were rude & disrespectful to me. I had to direct them on what to do, as if they didn't know how to clean. I asked them to bring a rag & cleaner to wipe off the furniture. I guess the language barrier got in our way, because she came back with a cloth & bottle of cleaner, handed it to me & asked if I was checking out in the morning. I was taken aback, so I took the cleaner & did her job...cleaning my room. One more thing,the unclean pillows were left on the floor in hopes that they would see the filth & replace them with clean ones. They were left on the floor, so my child & I didn't have CLEAN pillows to sleep on. Well,I don't plan on returning!

• Stayed June 2013
It is with great pleasure that I read your review on your latest experience with us. I surely hope your next visit will be outstanding without any exception. Meanwhile, please contact me if you wish to address the matter in private. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Staff is very friendly and accommodating, but this hotel is worn and tired which is why they are getting a remodel later this year. Also it is a real pain to get to with 820 under construction. Once highway and remodel is done, all should be better hopefully.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the odd side, back of hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for staying and for your review. We value all comments we receive as this way we can better our services. I am sorry that you left feeling disappointed. I have written to you so that I can ascertain your details and hopefully we can convince you to return so that you can experience Fairfield Inn and Suites at its best.
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Unfortunately the stay was very poor:
-There had obviously been a smoker in the bathroom and it smelled horrible
-The décor and furniture were old and dated
-The lobby was old and dated
-There were drunks in the parking lot at 3am who were very loud and rowdy
-There was one flimsy blanket on the bed and I had to call for an extra blanket
-The hotel is so close to the interstate that the noise was terrible. They need additional soundproofing.

All in all…..a poor experience and I won’t be back to stay at this hotel.

They are touting their upcoming renovation later this year. I would hold off until the work is done.

Room Tip: As far away from the highway as you can get.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for staying and for your review.

We value all comments we receive as this way we can better our services. I am sorry that you left feeling disappointed. I have written to you so that I can ascertain your details and hopefully we can convince you to return so that you can experience Fairfield Inn & Suites Fossil Creek at its best.
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 January 2013

At $100 a night, this hotel is not worth it. When trying to book this hotel online, I wound up calling the 800 for Fairfield Inn for further assistance. Online and on the phone, I was told this property had an airport shuttle. Then when I contacted the hotel directly to set that up, there was not an airport shuttle - only a local shuttle. You have to pay additional amount to be driven to the airport.

The reservation was already made, and rooms were not easy to come by due to something going on in Ft.Worth. So, I shelled out the extra $64 for the shuttle to and from the airport.

Upon arriving, the desk personnel was ill tempered, grumpy, and not very apologetic about the fact that the website and 800 number lied about the airport shuttle. Also, because I needed to leave a vehicle on the premises for a few days, and I checked ahead with the 800 number, I advised the front desk clerk of that when I checked in. She was not aware of the form I needed to fill out, and just had me write my information on a piece of paper - like that gives me any confidence. After finalizing my check in, the front desk clerk was so rude, she put me in a room on the first floor, and didn't even bother pointing which way it was. When I asked her if she could point me in the right direction, she seemed like it was extra effort to point down the hall, and rudely say, "It's that way." I will just assume all Texans are like that, and chalk it up hating that you are not from another state.

Once in the room, I immediately noticed 2 double beds, when my reservation was made for a king bed. I will only be here for a few short hours, so I am not going to cause a scene over that - saves me from having to talk to the grumpy front desk woman again, too.

The room was okay. Nothing near worth $100. Maybe $50 or $60, but not over that. The carpeting is definitely old and in need of replacement, the caulk in the bathroom could definitely be replaced, linens are old, and the soft plush towels offered on the website are no where to be seen. The furniture needs to be cleaned, as the desk and chair had some unknown sticky substance on it that I had to wash off before I could use it. I shudder to think what it was.

If you need a place for one night, and just a few hours, and don't mind over paying for the Fairfield name, you would be okay here. If you want value, some sense of luxury, and want what you pay for, go somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for staying and for your review.

We will be undergoing a renovation this summer, and would love the opportunity to show you how wonderful it will be!