“In Spite of Everything” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Montgomery
“In Spite of Everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Yes, there were glitches, but this was the best Fairfield Inn I've stayed in in ages. The desk staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. Right now the Inn is being remodeled and is located in the heart of heavy-duty highway construction. That being said, the staff more than made up for the out-of-their-control conditions. The daytime desk clerk immediately gave me clear instructions on how to get to downtown Ft Worth skirting the construction. When I asked for a 1st floor room, they had one in a hallway that was in the process of being carpeted, which was fine by me. The room had been newly refurbished and still had a faint smell of paint; I'd recommend that all properties consider odor-free, environmentally friendlier paints. In the laundry next to my room workmen were using high powered tools which was noisy, but I knew they'd be finished at the end of the work day and not a problem.

The breakfast area offered a full assortment including a fresh-made pot of oatmeal--not the instant stuff; fresh fruit; lots of microwave breakfast sandwiches and the usual items including waffles. The woman working in the breakfast room was immediately accommodating when I asked for a certain cereal. I did note that due to the remodeling she had to carry heavy loads of food from a distance. I'd think the hotel might provide a cart for her.

The second day, when I came in from a long day out, I found a problem with my room that could not be immediately addressed and I was disappointed. The evening desk clerk made an adjustment for me which I felt was fair and acceptable.

So, in spite of everything, this hotel was top notch in it's category and certainly worth repeat stays.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank pnsret
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
What a lovely review!!

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your latest experience and that our team has contributed in making it fantastic. There are many factors with the ongoing road construction that are outside of our control, but we strive to ensure we assist our guests to the fullest extent to ensure they get where they need to be, with the most ease.

I am thrilled to hear you like our new look, and we are excited to be able to share it with all of our guests! We will be finishing within the next few weeks completely.

I look forward to greeting you the next time you are here!

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Texarkana, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were looking for a less expensive place to stay in the Fossil Creek area. This Fairfield Inn was the least expensive so we booked. Glad we did. We paid $99 and the Hampton Inn was $20 more. It's not new and is shop worn but it was an excellent value. Our room was clean and the bed was good. The best part was how quiet it was in the room. We almost overslept. The breakfast a decent and actually better than some other hotels we have stayed at recently. It's just a good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bill F
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
What a delightful review!
Thank you for taking the time to post this, I am glad we lived up to your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully soon!
Kindest Regards
Livingston, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Delicious experience at this hotel. Each afternoon, when returning after a long day of seeing the many delights of Fort Worth, my grandson and I would be greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies and/or hot buttered popcorn! The friendly and helpful staff made our stay most pleasnat!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
What a lovely review!! I am delighted that you have enjoyed your latest experience and that our team has contributed in making it fantastic. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and showing you our new look!
Clovis, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Unfortunately for the last few years Route 820 has been under construction and this hotel and Beach St are difficult to get to. The Beach exit is closed and you enter at the Watauga exit and traverse a two lane road with concrete blocks on both sides to Beach. Get a map or use a GPS. The hotel itself (I've been there dozens of times) is excellent, clean and has comfortable beds. Staff are like personal friends and will go out of their way to make you feel at home. The property will undergo remodeling in a couple of weeks but in my opinion doesn't need it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine and elevator. Noise from the outside is not a problem but 2nd and 3rd...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
What a delightful review! Thank you for taking the time to post this, I am glad the team has lived up to your expectations, and we all look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully soon!

Kindest Regards
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We decided to stay here because of proximity to our meetings and price. This was a very clean and nice hotel. We were a little nonplused to discover that there were no suites with two beds in them. All suites had one king and a convert-a - couch for a second bed. While the couch was comfortable, there should be some suites with two beds in them. Some of the regular rooms had two beds, but not the suites. Apparently this hotel is due for the "big remodeling" according to our friendly and chatty front desk person. This place serves pop corn and good chocolate chip cookies on check in and offers a morning breakfast from 6 to 9 am M-F and 7-10 am S-S. I personally think that the breakfast hours should run until at least 10 during the week and 11 or 12 on the weekend. Its more hospitable that way. The breakfast had its usual assortment of over carbed offerings (waffels, cereal) but in addition, hard boiled eggs and some kind of corporate omelet looking thingie was also offered a nice protein alternative. The bed was comfortable and the TV while small had HD stations, a nice surprise. I am told that after the remodel there will be much larger TV's and more selection of stations. The hotel had free WI fi and a business center that was unfortunately not separated into its own room but stuck out in the lobby area. When I tried to use the Computer, there were a bunch of individuals having a few drinks and one had taken the Computer chair and joined his friends. Needless to say , I was unable use the computer. This computer should be in a separate room to prevent this kind of thing from happening. It was in all a passable experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a complimentary upgrade to a suite. More room and 2 TV's
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Belgedoc1
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for staying and for your review. Great to hear that our location was ideal for all your meetings. We will have many changes and upgrades with our renovation beginning next month, and would love the opportunity to welcome you back upon completion. Thank you also for the detail you put into your review. This is the best way we can look into implementing any changes that might be necessary.

Kindest regards,
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Its a value priced hotel which does need some renovations.Staff was exceptionally good and helpful which more than offsets the much needed renovations.Breakfast was typical like any other Fairfield but they did have evening Popcorn and cookies

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed our special touches given with you, the guest, in mind. We look forward to our renovation beginning in 3 weeks, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back with our new look later this summer!

Kindest regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

In the beginning, the staff accommodated my room requests. I've stayed here a few times over the last several years. I had a good experience until this stay. Housekeeping was terrible. I didn't feel comfortable sleeping on the pillows, walking barefoot on the carpet nor touching the table or nightstand before wiping them down. I found a nasty can wrapped in plastic with some redish brown stuff coming out of it under the bed sham on one bed. Ewww! There
were crumbs & used napkins
behind the nightstand &
plastic wrappings under the other bed sham. Housekeeping was sent immediately after I
notified the front desk, but
the housekeepers were rude & disrespectful to me. I had to direct them on what to do, as if they didn't know how to clean. I asked them to bring a rag & cleaner to wipe off the furniture. I guess the language barrier got in our way, because she came back with a cloth & bottle of cleaner, handed it to me & asked if I was checking out in the morning. I was taken aback, so I took the cleaner & did her job...cleaning my room. One more thing,the unclean pillows were left on the floor in hopes that they would see the filth & replace them with clean ones. They were left on the floor, so my child & I didn't have CLEAN pillows to sleep on. Well,I don't plan on returning!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
It is with great pleasure that I read your review on your latest experience with us. I surely hope your next visit will be outstanding without any exception. Meanwhile, please contact me if you wish to address the matter in private. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,