“My feedback Excellent place to stay.... I get more with what I paid forTHANKS”

Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - City View
Ranked #69 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Houston, Texas
“My feedback Excellent place to stay.... I get more with what I paid forTHANKS”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Thanks, I got more than what I paid for.I really enjoy my sta at this hotel....

thanks

Room Tip: kingsize for guest
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I found a special rate for this hotel posted on Craigslist. I made my reservation with the hotel directly, and when I checked in, I wasn’t sure if my job would require me to be here longer than two weeks, so I paid for a 2 week stay, plus my pet fee, and housekeeping fee. I initialed the rate for my stay, the total amount, signed the folio, and received a copy of the folio for the prepaid amount.

Four days into my stay, I noticed on my bank account’s site that I had been charged the entire rate again, and went to the front desk to figure out what was going on.

First, the front desk rep told me that when I checked in, I was only charged for the first week, which I knew wasn’t true because my folio showed the exact dates for the amount I paid, which were two weeks. There was no manager on duty, so she had to call the manager and had her on speaker phone.

The manager tried to tell me that for the rate I received, I needed to be there at least 30 days, so that’s why they needed to charge me double, even though I was only going to be there for 2 weeks. I told her that was ridiculous and that they should have explained that to me before I checked in and paid for the room. They should’ve explained that when I made the reservation with them, especially since I called them directly, as instructed on the Craigslist ad.

If they were going to charge me double, I could’ve found a much better rate at a different hotel in the first place. I always search for the best rates I can find, and I feel that if you do not want to offer the rate, then don’t post ads on Craigslist or any other site. I mean, this whole fiasco was like a ‘bait and switch’ scenario, if I’ve ever seen one.

I was very very upset with them and they just couldn’t get it through their heads as to why this made me so upset.

Any guest who has to pay in advance for their room like you do at Extended Stay hotels would be very upset if when you check in, you are told you are paying one rate, and then while you are there, they decide it’s quite all right to just charge you double the rate that you agreed to and initialed on your folio when you checked in.

Not only that, but the manager and the lady at the front desk acted like it was not a big deal that they charged my account double, as though I was just going to be stupid enough to say okay well you all can charge me anything you’d like. I truly felt like I wasn’t the first person with whom they’ve played this game.

I can honestly say I haven’t been treated that badly by a hotel in a long time, and I will not use Extended Stay Hotels for my travels, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
san antonio texas
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I used to visit this hotel 10 years ago, when it first opened, and it was incredibly nice back then, so I thought I might revisit. Of course, and to be expected, a lot has deteriorated over the past 10 years. Other than the hotel being old, the room was dingy. The carpet was dingy. The kitchen looked old and dirty. It smelled of mildew or something. I only stayed for one night - less than 8 hours, so I didn't use the kitchen, but I was scared to even use a cup for water. The towels were old, very rough on the skin. The floor was old and dingy, there was a old black tarry dirty spot on the floor - not even sure what it was - wore shoes the entire time, was afraid to go barefoot. Everything was functional - only old and dingy. There was a mysterious knocking that occurred the entire night. At first I thought someone was knocking on the door, but after looking through the peephole many times and being fooled, realized it was just the room. It sounds like someone lightly tapping on the door - all through the night. Was scared - thought room was haunted. This is NOT an extravagant hotel, so if that is what you are looking for, this is not for you. Everything is old. I wouldn't say it is dirty - so much as - it has the stench of being old and overused. Everything works, just don't expect luxury. If you want something bare-bones and minimal, this is ok. Personally, I thought it was quite expensive for what they were offering...which isn't much. I would rate this hotel as a 1-2 star, not much more. I don't discourage it, but I certainly don't recommend it. Only good point is that there are a lot of things around hotel - grocery stores, department stores, restaurants, so you can do other things - and not have to STAY in the room. :P

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Fort Worth
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I had the most worse experience one can have. I was traveling with a large number of colleagues and we selected Extended Stay America, Fort Worth as the manager agreed to give us special rates. However, as it turned out, their manager (Miss Trish) hooked us up on a much higher rate than the hotel's normal rate and had kept her personal commission. When i learned about the Fraud, she tried to shut me up by calling my boss and threatened to file a harassment case against me. Thank God we some how got rid of her. So, my advise to u is 'rooms r smelly and small + the manager is corrupt, so beware...!'

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Khan_Shah
Dallas
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I was placed in this hotel for about a month for business. Had I known it was in such poor shape, I would never have agreed to staying here.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a sign that read the clerk was out for lunch for 30 minutes. I waited for half an hour before I was greeted by a human being (this was 9:30 at night). I finally was able to enter into my room by 10:15 and was shocked at how dingy the room appeared. The lighting is poor, even with all 3 lamps turned on and the flourescent lamp in the kitchen area. The kitchen stovetop was sufficient, toaster available, refrigerator full-sized, and microwave was nicely built in over the hood of the stovetop. However, I did not wish to cook on the stovetop considering how filthy the cookware appeared. They left a very small packet of dishwashing liquid but no sponges to clean them with. Unsanitary! The dark green carpet is so worn there were black tracks in it (not to mention a bloody stain near the bathroom) and the bathroom fan hums quite loudly. The furniture is very old, lamps were rusty and had dust on them. There are a limited number of channels for viewing (local, and many news channels) on the 19 in screen television. My queen sized bed was roomy but hard. Pillows were not comfortable as they were hard as well. Blankets were itchy and the comforter had cigarette burns on them.

The hotel staff was friendly during this stay. I stayed in the nonsmoking part of the hotel and alerted the staff of a strong scent of cigarette smoke in my bathroom. I didn't smell it after I reported it to the front desk. There is no pool or fitness center at this facility. However, they have an agreement with a local fitness center for a free membership during your stay with the hotel. The location is nice. There are a lot of good restaurants and a Super Target is right across the street.

• Liked — The area around the hotel
  • Disliked — The lack of cleanliness of the rooms
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rtdallas08
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2008

Should be listed as a 1+ star. The hotel didn't seem as bad as described by the other reviews. The office staff definitely is confused. The room was a standard efficieny type. We requested a non-smoking double and that's what we got. The room, kitchen area, beds, sheets and towels were clean. The bathroom wasn't anything fantastic. The location is near the freeway and the mall, but far enough from the main highway to avoid noise. It was a quiet location the night we stayed. No complaints, but I didn't have high expectations.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Office staff
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Alexandria VA
Reviewed 9 May 2008

Another experience with a hotel that treats Hotwire and Priceline customers as second class. Hoped for an east facing non-smoking room. Got the west facing (and hotter than hell) smoking room. Asked about being switched the next day, "Sorry - we're booked." How come I was able to call the 800 number to their reservations and able to book a non-smoking room? Built as cheaply as possible, and the cheap products are showing signs of the wear and tear. Matted stained carpeting, warped/bubling countertops in the kitchenette. The flatware provided was DIRTY! What can you expect - they provide no dishwashing detergent. The flatware looked like the previous guest licked it all clean. I went to the nearby grocery store and bought plasticware. On two previous stays, I was billed $39 to my credit card I gave the desk for "incidentals". They were quick to take those charges off my credit card, but they never should have been made in the first place. The blanket and spread on the bed all had many burn holes (presumably from cigarettes since it was a smoking room.) I bid $39 and got this place. I think it's worth the $25 more to have solid control over the hotel choice. I'd rather pay $65 to to West Fort Worth La Quinta, and at least have a Denny's right at the hotel. This place is in SERIOUS need of a thorough DEEP cleaning, and structural refurbishment. Wireless internet is cheap - only $4.99 per STAY (not per day). But, it was completely useless my first nigt at the hotel, everything timed out - couldn't check personal email, work email - nothing. The desk clerk knows nothing of the system, and refers calls to the service's 800 number - which is answered in India of course. Almost an hour on the phone with those guys yielded no results. That's an hour out of my life I'll never get back.

• Liked — Kitchenette with 2-burner stove, full size refrigerator, and microwave.
  • Disliked — General cleanliness and condition.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tcm_crew