“Worst room I have ever seen.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek
Ranked #93 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was so old, dirty, it had body odor smell, spiders inside, I just check the bed to see if there was a Surprise there... yeah hairs that is a place where I will never go again or definitely not recommend. Took my wife and kids and got a room somewhere else same price but excellent conditions, clean, bigger, nice, comfortable. ... won't do an online reservation again unless I know the place.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank lalisk

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place offers a low rate for a reason. I felt scared to be out of my room before 6am and after 7pm.
The staff is extremely helpful and kind but they cant make this hotel a palace.
The grounds were a mess, some of the residents were very frightening. I was on edge the time. I had asked for an extended stay but left after 2 nights.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Chrissy has excellent interpersonal & customer service skills. Ms Chrissy was very professional with her answers to all my questions and confirmed my reserversation Because of her I will be back to stay at your hotel many times over. She helped make this stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff, especially Chrissy. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at the Crossland Studios for 1 night and was only looking for a clean place to sleep. We didn't "need" anything other than a bed. That being said, that is just about you get here, but the bed was super comfortable, only a double, but it worked. The room came with a mini kitchen area, which if you are looking for that, would of been great. The kitchen had flat wear, utensils, pots, plates, a bowl, a few glasses and ice trays in the mini fridge. There was no pool, no exercise room, and no ice machine, however, they did have free Wifi, an older tube TV with several channels, nothing for a toddler, and plenty of towels, which were very basic white towels.

When we first checked in, which was quick and the counter staff was very friendly, we were given a non-smoking room, but once we arrived in our room, it was oblivious that someone had been doing A LOT of smoking in there. A quick call and they changed our rooms, this time the room smelled nice and fresh, but there was still a hint of smoke smell. I know that they can not always police the no smoking policy, but they should disinfect better once they realize that the room has been smoked in. We were on the second floor and did not hear anything from the rooms on either side of us or from above us, so that was a plus. The room furnishings were dated and showed a lot of wear, but everything served it's purpose. If there is going to be more than one person, be advised that there isn't much storage space for your belongings, both in the main room and the bathroom. The bedding was clean, but I did notice a small burn hole in one of the sheets. The entire room seemed to be very clean and the carpet seemed newer than the rest of the room. Check out was a breeze and the staff was again friendly and even requested that we provide a review on Tripadvisor. Overall the 2 star rating for this property seems on par and the room served it's purpose.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Cody - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are sorry for the inconvenience of changing rooms, but are glad that you found your bed to be comfortable. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure that every room is meeting our standards. We are happy that our staff provided you with superior service; however, we are disappointed that our amenities did not meet your expectations. We will be reviewing your feedback to help us improve our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you again for sharing. We would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact us directly, at ffs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed here twice this year for personal business and the rooms were great. Friendly staff that when out of their way to see that my stay was enjoyable. Close to restaurants and close to the freeway

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2014

No place to put things in restroom except on sink railing or toilet tank top. There was a plunger in there and needed it. Toilet refilled often, like flushing noise. Internet was intermittent and constant ads. No iron in room, no ironing board available. Housekeeping did not come during four night stay, one light didnt work by open closet shelf, lamps by beds flickered and switch was "tempermental".

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Darla at the Desk was so pleasant to deal with. The Wifi wasn't working and she got right on it & in 2 hrs it was on. I appreciated that. I was so happy that this will be my hotel in Ft Worth to stay when available.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank David S
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry the Wi-Fi was down, even briefly, however, I am pleased that we were able to get it corrected in a timely manner. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
Executive Inn Fort Worth West
Executive Inn Fort Worth West
#58 of 114 in Fort Worth

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!