“Breakfast not included”

Ranked #52 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Iowa
“Breakfast not included”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hotel was nice, room was clean, comfortable and close to TCU. My husband has had knee surgery and doesn't do steps well so we asked for a ground floor room. We got our request and they had us just a couple of doors down from one of the back entrances. Unfortunately the key card reader on that door didn't work, so we had to walk through the entire building to reach our room. Breakfast is for purchase only and is expensive. Coffee too -- only Starbucks. We were charged for a pay-per-view movie which we didn't order, so be careful when you turn your TV on. The fee was refunded, but they acted like they didn't really believe we didn't order it.

Room Tip: Interior rooms have less train noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 5tries
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you so much for providing us feedback on your recent stay at the fort worth university courtyard by marriott. Unfortunately the courtyard brand does not offer complimentary breakfast but we do offer our new state of the art Bistro. This is a big change from the previous offerings of a breakfast buffet. The offerings such as starbucks coffee or a breakfast sandwich or even a muffin to go are line with what the customer has told us they would like to see.

The hotel does offer rooms with breakfast as well that can be booked at the time of making the reservation.

If in the future your travels bring you to the Fort Worth area please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to ensure you are offered a room with breakfast.
Thank you so much again for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had to visit Fort Worth last week, and someone else took care of our hotel arrangements. I will admit that after reading a few reviews, I was a little skeptical about staying here. Wow! What a nice surprise. This property is immaculate, the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The room we were in was very quiet and comfortable (near an entrance and the pool), the mattress and pillows are great, Starbucks in the room. The property is within walking distance to several decent places to eat, shop and sightsee. My only issues with this hotel are bar and food. The bartender on duty was just short of rude, and I nearly passed out when she charged me $12 for a glass of cabernet (granted, it was LaCrema, but the whole bottle is $19) and I think it's downright chintzy of Marriott to charge people for breakfast. Can't even get a bagel for free. Food service is somewhat slow - it's tasty, but at $10 for some scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, it had better be tasty.

Room Tip: The "spa" was poor because the pool was closed - I think they were working on getting it o...
Green Features: We didn't require room service, so I don't really have an opinion.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so very much for providing feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am so delighted with all the positive remarks you made regarding the hotel. Also thank you for the feedback on the bar staff. I would like to look into this situation further to provide additional training to our staff. Is there anyway that you would provide me further information so that I know who to address. You are welcome to email me at colleen.radtke@marriott.com if you prefer.

Again thank you so very much for your feedback we hope that you will be able to come back and visit again in the future.
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I am travel agent and I am checking out of this hotel this morning after a very nice weekend stay. My daughter and I stayed here on for her visit to TCU. It is about a 5 minute drive to campus if that. I don't think there is a hotel closer to the campus and the staff is very nice. It is right next to the river which has beautiful walking paths.

As people have mentioned there are no elevators and it is only 2 floors. This was not a problem for us. This courtyard has the new bistro format. It is located within walking distance to a Panera, a steak house, subway and others that I am surely missing. It is across the street from a restaurant called the Woodshed. All 3 coaches recommended the restaurant and it was great suggestion. I highly recommend. The pork ribs were amazing and the pulled pork.

We stayed in a king suite on the courtyard. People have mentioned the trains. I am a light sleeper and I have to say I did not hear the trains when I was asleep but I did hear them when I was awake. Not sure if I was really tired or they are just not loud enough to wake me up.

The sink is located outside the bathroom which I like. The toilet area and bathtub/shower area was small and the tile was out dated, but I really did not care. It was very clean.

The only reason I did not give this a 5 was because of stairs and bathrooms, but I would highly recommend this hotel and if my daughter goes to TCU this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luv2travel068
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Luv2travel068

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of our hotel. It is certainly nice for others to be able to review as they are making their decision of where to stay when coming to the fort worth (university area). We look forward to seeing you in the future should your child make the decision to attend TCU. It is certainly a wonderful school to be a part of. Please reach out to any of our staff memebers should you need anything in the future. We appreciate your business and look forward to hopefully seeing you often in the future.
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I'm so glad that we stayed here. Not only was the room super clean, but the girls at the front desk were very sweet and accommodating.
This Marriott is conveniently located by TCU. We walked to two restaurants on the same block (Panera Bread and Hoffbrau Steak House); great food!
If available, be sure to ask for a room that faces their gated pool; very pretty! We spent some time sitting by the fireplace; it's pretty there too. It's true that they don't have an elevator for this 2 story hotel, so request a first floor room if using the stairs is inconvenient.

Room Tip: If you get a room that faces the pool, even better! They do not have an elevator and using the stai...
Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra9193
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Sandra9193

I want to thank you so very much for providing feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are delighted that your stay went so well. We aim to ensure we provide the very best service and accomodations in the industry. We would be so happy to have you stay with us again when you are visiting the area. If you request at the time that you make your reservation that you would like a 1st floor poolside room we will do everything we can to accomodate you. We stay very busy at this hotel so there are times we are not able to accomodate all requests but our goal is to do whatever we can. Again thank you so much for being our guest we appreciate it.

Colleen Radtke
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 October 2013

went here for a football game at nearby Cowboy stadium - I know there are parties going on but was not prepared for the number of insanely drunk (I mean a busload) kids that came back to the hotel at about midnight - and continued to party on in the halls and lobby. I also wasn't prepared for the nasty fights that broke out on my floor, starting at about 1 a.m. and finally ending at about 2:30. Not getting to sleep until after 3 and really being afraid of what might or might not be going on, I'm not sure how I feel about this hotel. I KNOW it is not management's fault - but I think I would have felt better had they acknowledged what my terrifying night was like (I don't think I EVER stayed in a hotel and wondered when a bullet might come flying through the wall). But no apologies - and even when I mentioned it to the desk the next day, all they said was, "Oh, we don't know anything about that."

However, the place was clean - kudos to the extremely friendly women I met everywhere who were doing an excellent job of keeping the rooms spotless. And cheers also to the great women behind the snack bar who still waited on us - with a smile - when we were a few minutes late.

It's an okay place - but I just wish management acknowledged that things got really, really out of hand.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors - so if you have a lot of luggage and don't want to walk up the stairs...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jancie54
Dear Jancie 54
I apologize for the loud activity that was taking place during your stay at our hotel. I honestly was not aware that there were any issues. This issue is the first and only that we recieved for that timeframe. None the less we take all comments very seriously and we will work to ensure we monitor such types of activiites more diligently. We do have security on during the evening hours and will engage them in the furture to help with addressing such issues. Please feel free to reach out to any of the managers in the near future should you return to our location. We will work to ensure that your stay is very pleasant. Thank you very much for the feedback as it is extrememly important to us and our success.

Colleen Radtke
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have a freshman at TCU and have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the last 6 months. The service has been very good. I like the renovated lounge and the ability to get breakfast, a snack or a glass of wine. I wish the hotel would extend the hours. There have been times I would have used the food service but, they were already closed.
The pool is adequate. It isn't special but it is clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear MsKnights,
First of all I want to congratulate you on having a freshman at Texas Christian University. What a great college you and your child have selected. We are so glad that you have already stayed with us 4 times in the past 6 months, we are very appreciative that you have entrusted us to provide you with your accomodations during this very big event for you and your family. Please the next time you are in town and you would like to have food or beverage or both beverage or b and our Bistro is closed speak to any associate and we would be very willing to make you something from the bistro. We may not have the ability to make something hot quickly but we always have access to sandwiches or salads. We have standard operating hours but the Bistro technically is always open as we can always prepare cold items in non operating times. Thank you so very much again for staying with us we look forward to your return to our hotel.

Go Frogs :)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This small Courtyard has two floors and no elevators so pack light. Hotel was normal Courtyard. Outside front turn left walk for a few minutes to HofBrau which is supposed to be a great steakhouse. Turn right and stroll towards the riverfront for Woodshed Smokehouse for great barbecue - recommended.

Room Tip: Ground if you dont want to carry your luggage up one floor. But, I prefer not ground, so pack light...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you so much for your response regarding our hotel we are greatful to you for your insight.. Please come back to see us again in the future should your future endeavors bring you to the fort worth area. It would be out pleasure to have you as our guest again.