“Good and normal”

Ranked #55 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Guayaquil
“Good and normal”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It is a good place, normal USA Courtyard, passing by hotel. Tha cafeteria area serves what they offer. Maybe they can work on it a little more, provide more choises, etc. Improve some on quality of things.

Room Tip: Any room is fine
Green Features: It all seemed right, clean and done. I did not see things taht would go against ecology
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so very much for providing feedback on your stay. We will take your comments and review them to continue our imporovement process throughout.

Again your comments are very valuable to us as we use them to improve each and every day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rosedale, Maryland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The location was great, stayed three nights. We had two rooms; the air conditioner in one of the rooms stopped working twice. They would fix it and it worked for a while and then stopped. The breakfast and service in the Bistro downstairs was very good. Overall the rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GMcCLee
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you so much for providing us feedback on your recent stay at our location. I apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with the Air Conditioner. The Engineer has actually replaced that AC unit due to your response.

We appreciate your trust in our hotel and staying with us for 3 nights. We would love to have you back again should you have the need to return to the Fort Worth area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights, last week. Very well appointed hotel for the category along with very clean rooms, a well maintained pool along with comfortable outdoor seating to relax or plug away on your laptop. The staff was attentive to our needs, especially the cleaning staff who was always flexible and kept things looking top notch. I had not one negative experience while on site and the staff went above on beyond on this busy graduation weekend.

Room Tip: There are exterior facing rooms that have sliding doors for easy loading and unloading of a family v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian M
Thank you so very much for being a guest of our hotel for 4 nights. We are very honored that you and your family picked our location. Should you ever have the need to return to the Fort Worth Area we would love to be your choice of hotels.

Again thank you so much for your comments.
Northport, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights while visiting our grandson at TCU. Lovely room overlooking the pool. Well - appointed and VERY CLEAN. Breakfast is not free, but a very friendly staff attends to your food needs. Great 'River Walk' .... take your sneakers. Also 'Tim Love's' famous Wood Shed Restaurant across the street. A must do ! So Texas. Loved everything.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda110141
Thank you so very much for your kind response. We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

We appreciate you and thank you for staying with us.
Iowa
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hotel was nice, room was clean, comfortable and close to TCU. My husband has had knee surgery and doesn't do steps well so we asked for a ground floor room. We got our request and they had us just a couple of doors down from one of the back entrances. Unfortunately the key card reader on that door didn't work, so we had to walk through the entire building to reach our room. Breakfast is for purchase only and is expensive. Coffee too -- only Starbucks. We were charged for a pay-per-view movie which we didn't order, so be careful when you turn your TV on. The fee was refunded, but they acted like they didn't really believe we didn't order it.

Room Tip: Interior rooms have less train noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 5tries
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you so much for providing us feedback on your recent stay at the fort worth university courtyard by marriott. Unfortunately the courtyard brand does not offer complimentary breakfast but we do offer our new state of the art Bistro. This is a big change from the previous offerings of a breakfast buffet. The offerings such as starbucks coffee or a breakfast sandwich or even a muffin to go are line with what the customer has told us they would like to see.

The hotel does offer rooms with breakfast as well that can be booked at the time of making the reservation.

If in the future your travels bring you to the Fort Worth area please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to ensure you are offered a room with breakfast.
Thank you so much again for your comments.
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had to visit Fort Worth last week, and someone else took care of our hotel arrangements. I will admit that after reading a few reviews, I was a little skeptical about staying here. Wow! What a nice surprise. This property is immaculate, the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The room we were in was very quiet and comfortable (near an entrance and the pool), the mattress and pillows are great, Starbucks in the room. The property is within walking distance to several decent places to eat, shop and sightsee. My only issues with this hotel are bar and food. The bartender on duty was just short of rude, and I nearly passed out when she charged me $12 for a glass of cabernet (granted, it was LaCrema, but the whole bottle is $19) and I think it's downright chintzy of Marriott to charge people for breakfast. Can't even get a bagel for free. Food service is somewhat slow - it's tasty, but at $10 for some scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, it had better be tasty.

Room Tip: The "spa" was poor because the pool was closed - I think they were working on getting it o...
Green Features: We didn't require room service, so I don't really have an opinion.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so very much for providing feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am so delighted with all the positive remarks you made regarding the hotel. Also thank you for the feedback on the bar staff. I would like to look into this situation further to provide additional training to our staff. Is there anyway that you would provide me further information so that I know who to address. You are welcome to email me at colleen.radtke@marriott.com if you prefer.

Again thank you so very much for your feedback we hope that you will be able to come back and visit again in the future.
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I am travel agent and I am checking out of this hotel this morning after a very nice weekend stay. My daughter and I stayed here on for her visit to TCU. It is about a 5 minute drive to campus if that. I don't think there is a hotel closer to the campus and the staff is very nice. It is right next to the river which has beautiful walking paths.

As people have mentioned there are no elevators and it is only 2 floors. This was not a problem for us. This courtyard has the new bistro format. It is located within walking distance to a Panera, a steak house, subway and others that I am surely missing. It is across the street from a restaurant called the Woodshed. All 3 coaches recommended the restaurant and it was great suggestion. I highly recommend. The pork ribs were amazing and the pulled pork.

We stayed in a king suite on the courtyard. People have mentioned the trains. I am a light sleeper and I have to say I did not hear the trains when I was asleep but I did hear them when I was awake. Not sure if I was really tired or they are just not loud enough to wake me up.

The sink is located outside the bathroom which I like. The toilet area and bathtub/shower area was small and the tile was out dated, but I really did not care. It was very clean.

The only reason I did not give this a 5 was because of stairs and bathrooms, but I would highly recommend this hotel and if my daughter goes to TCU this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luv2travel068
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Luv2travel068

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of our hotel. It is certainly nice for others to be able to review as they are making their decision of where to stay when coming to the fort worth (university area). We look forward to seeing you in the future should your child make the decision to attend TCU. It is certainly a wonderful school to be a part of. Please reach out to any of our staff memebers should you need anything in the future. We appreciate your business and look forward to hopefully seeing you often in the future.