“Gross, moldy, run down”

Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East
Ranked #99 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 15 November 2006

I checked in and was directed to a room on the second floor, which has its own entrance in the back. The door says it's locked for my protection, but the door was broken with no lock. When I requested a room change to a different floor since I was staying there alone, I was told that they don't have a security guard, but that their door cameras will keep me safe. I still requested a higher floor, and there was no iron. I asked for an iron, and 45 minutes later, I was moved to a different room. This room had not been cleaned, there were beer cans and bottle caps under the bed and in the trash cans. There was a razor in the tub, the toilet seat was up with urine spots on the toilet, and there was standing water in the dresser drawers that must have been there a long time because the drawers were literally cloaked in mold. Terrible place.

Stayed: October 2006

Reviewed 6 November 2006

The Ambassador Hotel smells like mildew. It is run down and disgusting. We stayed for 2 nights and had 3 more scheduled. One the third night, we came back to a room which had been flooded. We were not informed by the staff, then were offered a room which was crummier than the first room. I packed up my kids and left.
The girl that checked us out did it incorrectly. A week later, and 6 phone calls and a trip to the lobby, I still do not have my money refunded from an overcharge.

Do not go here, check out the Best Western next door. Way nicer and does not cost that much more.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 July 2006

Please do not be misled. I thought this was a Comfort Inn (my credit card bill, my reservation and the trash can logos in the room do bear this name). However, it is not a Comfort Inn and you should not expect any of the standards of that national chain to apply to this property. I booked a non-smoking room but there were ashes in the room's trash cans. There was old coffee in the room's coffeemaker. There was a used towel hanging behind the bathroom door. There was an iron but no ironing board. There was no water in the "swimming pool." On top of all these problems, I was double-charged for this room: once when I paid cash at check-in and again when they billed the credit card that I had used to hold the room. Please find another place to stay. It will surely be better than this.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank travelmember11
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed 11 April 2006

I stayed at the Ambassador 2 nights. There was no breakfast served on the first morning, and only powdered dounuts and coffee the second morning. The room was very run down. The pool had a view of a trash pile from the remodeling. No persoal products such as shampoo or soap. Towels were like sandpaper. Stayed on personal phone 3 hours, but no one would deliver food to this location. Room phone did not work. Bed was very hard. Staff was not courteous. Room was Way overpriced at 162/night for location 16 miles from Texas Motor Speedway. Would not recommend to anyone, ever.

Stayed: April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2006

I've stayed at the Ambassador and the hotel is in the process of complete renovation. Everything is new and the staff was very accomodating. The continential breakfast was beyond what I expected and they fed my child without me being there and he even brought my breakfast to my room. The price of the rooms are quite reasonable and if your a stockyard fan there is a weekend shuttle to and from Billy Bob's. You can't go wrong checking into this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2006