“The Worst Motel I Have Ever Stayed At”

Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East
Ranked #98 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 23 April 2007

The WORST experience I have ever had with a motel.
We arrived at the motel, to find out our reservations were cancelled -- not true. Then the clerk said they had a room but gave us a room that someone else was using. After about an hour, we finally got a room. The next day, when we got back to our room, it had not been cleaned. I went down to the desk and found out that the clerk from the night before had never registered us. It made us afraid to leave anything in the room, because they kept giving the rooms to other people.Also, the cleaning person, thought the room was empty. I believe that might have been the problem the whole weekend because I was at the desk more than I was in the room. One clerk, by the name of Karen, was helpful, but she was up against a very poorly operated and poorly staffed motel. Will not stay in an Ambassador motel again.

Stayed: April 2007
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East

Reviewed 23 April 2007

Weekend disaster!!!! Called at 1:00 p.m. to confirm reservations, upon arrival at 4:00p.m. we found that we would have to take a number to get our room (3 pages long). Wait was not less than three hours before you would get access to room. Other persons were coming down to say that their room had not been cleaned, personal items of last customers was still in rooms, no T.V., remotes, towels, or hot water. This was the most miserable time that ruined a would be great weekend. Ended up without a room and staff was not helpful at all. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2007

This place was a JOKE.....they way over booked the hotel, gave peoples rooms away...WHILE the people were still in them. I am not convinced they changed the bedding in the room that we were in since the last guest stayed there. We were there for NASCAR weekend, and were supposed to stay 2 nights, but you couldn't pay me to stay the second night there. The people that worked there was also VERY RUDE!!!! NEVER AGAIN will we stay there.

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed 27 February 2007

I stayed from 2/23/07-2/25/07 and this hotel was not bad at all. My room was decent, the staff was helpful, the continental breakfast was good (meaning it offers more than a bowl of cereal), and the free shuttle service was great. They have a shuttle that runs to and from downtown for free and they offer great group rates for airport transportation. I was in Ft. Worth for a weekend convention and knew that I wouldn’t be in my room much so I rolled the dice by booking this hotel and it was an overall good choice. My only complaint was the TV does not come with a remote.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2006

I checked in and was directed to a room on the second floor, which has its own entrance in the back. The door says it's locked for my protection, but the door was broken with no lock. When I requested a room change to a different floor since I was staying there alone, I was told that they don't have a security guard, but that their door cameras will keep me safe. I still requested a higher floor, and there was no iron. I asked for an iron, and 45 minutes later, I was moved to a different room. This room had not been cleaned, there were beer cans and bottle caps under the bed and in the trash cans. There was a razor in the tub, the toilet seat was up with urine spots on the toilet, and there was standing water in the dresser drawers that must have been there a long time because the drawers were literally cloaked in mold. Terrible place.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed 6 November 2006

The Ambassador Hotel smells like mildew. It is run down and disgusting. We stayed for 2 nights and had 3 more scheduled. One the third night, we came back to a room which had been flooded. We were not informed by the staff, then were offered a room which was crummier than the first room. I packed up my kids and left.
The girl that checked us out did it incorrectly. A week later, and 6 phone calls and a trip to the lobby, I still do not have my money refunded from an overcharge.

Do not go here, check out the Best Western next door. Way nicer and does not cost that much more.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2006

Please do not be misled. I thought this was a Comfort Inn (my credit card bill, my reservation and the trash can logos in the room do bear this name). However, it is not a Comfort Inn and you should not expect any of the standards of that national chain to apply to this property. I booked a non-smoking room but there were ashes in the room's trash cans. There was old coffee in the room's coffeemaker. There was a used towel hanging behind the bathroom door. There was an iron but no ironing board. There was no water in the "swimming pool." On top of all these problems, I was double-charged for this room: once when I paid cash at check-in and again when they billed the credit card that I had used to hold the room. Please find another place to stay. It will surely be better than this.

Stayed: July 2006