“Excellent value, clean rooms”

Candlewood Suites - Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
Ranked #72 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was. The price was very low and I was prepared for something less. My suite was roomy, spotlessly clean and appeared to be recently updated. The suite included a nice 2-burner glass surface cooktop, microwave and full size refrigerator with an ice maker. Toaster, coffee pot and a small, but decent, set of cooking pots, knives, silverware, etc. Being able to make a couple of meals/snacks a day really helped keep the trip economical.

The bed was completely comfortable. The climate control was fine and the window in my suite could be opened. Things were quiet while I was there.

The location is somewhat remote. The back way out from the hotel goes through a modern warehouse district and connects to I-35 with no hassles. Expect a 10-15 minute drive to downtown even on the weekends in Fort Worth traffic. Basic grocery, liquor and fast food options are nearby. On the plus side, the property immediately surrounding the hotel has horses running on it -- very peaceful.

Front desk folks were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: We asked for non-smoking and got it. No trace of tobacco smell in the room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DScotL

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I booked about 10 rooms for a family reunion last weekend. I actually booked because they were one of the cheapest rooms in town, and I was a little worried that it might be run down or seedy.

This is definitely the nicest Candlewood Suites I have ever stayed at, on par with a nice new Residence Inn or a Hilton Garden Inn (except with a kitchen). The rooms looked recently refurbished, with the new dark wood and modern design. The clerk was incredibly friendly and organized at checkin.

The neighborhood felt industrial, as it was a highway location. That section of the highway is under construction, so I guess that explains the low rates.

I would definitely book here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet_D_1
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at 4 different Candlewood during our trip in Texas and they were all good but this one was the best of the 4 hotels.
The room was nice, very clean and had very confo beds and pillows.
The hotel was quiet, clean and smelled good.
The front desk service was excellent, friendly and helpful.
There is a propane grill outside that was clean and fonctionnal (which was not always the case in other hotels).
Great value for the price paid.
Good location to visit Fort Worth (Stockyards and US$ printing facility) and only 1/2 hour to Dallas.
Yes there is a lot (a lot!!) of road construction going on around this hotel so bring a GPS to make sure you don't get lost on hwy 820... ;)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ben0844
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have stayed at a couple of Candlewoods Suites before, so I understand this is a longer-term stay hotel which may have its downsides. However, I could not stay the night here. I ended up leaving about 30 minutes after checking in. The hallways smelled horribly of smoke as soon as I got off the elevator. Once in the room, the AC unit had a horrible smell. I could hear the neighbors as if they were in my room. I pulled down the sheets and saw some sort of a crumb. The upkeep was "OK". Floor corners were dirty. Bathroom seemed fine. Carpet was extremely warn. Kitchen area needed updating/upkeep. If I need to stay in that area, I will choose the Holiday Inn Express on I-35. VERY NICE.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lesley L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Lesley L,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I booked the deluxe suite. I was under the impression it had 2 beds however it turns out the 2nd bed was a pullout sofa. This was disappointing but apparently they don't have any rooms with 2 proper beds. However, the pullout was surprisingly comfy and everything else was so good that I was still able to rate this 5 stars. Our room had a full kitchen including stove, microwave, full size fridge with freezer section and bowls, cutlery etc. the bathroom was a good size and very clean. The room only gets cleaned if you sat > 7 days but to be honest I prefer that otherwise I find myself tidying up in the morning for housekeeping or putting the do not disturb sign on my door.

The hotel also offers a free laundry (you can buy soap etc for a small fee) and the room has an iron and ironing board. We didn't need to use these but for a longer stay this would have been great. Food is also within walking distance including Texas Roadhouse and a 24 hr Ihop.

The TVs also worked well and had a decent number of channels. The trip to the Fort Worth Stockyards was less than 15 mins drive away. We had a rental car so this was a very convenient hotel. The hotel also had plenty of parking. I would definitely stay here again.

Fi, ere is no swimming pool which was a pity as it was 40 degrees Celsius but the hotel next door had an outdoor pool which friends who were staying there invited us to use although we were too busy with other activities to do so.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

The king size suites are very nice. The AC is in the living room which reduces noise in the bed room. The kitchen is functional and better than many I had in apartments. Actually, this room was nicer than my first few apartments. Very clean, well maintained, and walking distance to several restaurants. The highways are close and under serious construction. Rush hour can be very stressful.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Few things can make up for the amazing amount of construction going on in Ft Worth on the road system. The 820 loop is and amazing maze of ever changing closed exits, alternate side roads and a plethora of other obstacles. But the hospitality and cordiality once at the property and returning to it after the magical mystery tour and off road experience of getting round Ft Worth makes it all worth ( Ft) it. Patty the night auditor particularly is outstanding and engaging. They call almost everyone by name and are most accommodating. The rooms are great and the upkeep ongoing. I highly recommend i t despite the road madness. Great value and pet friendly.
Will stay there each time back for sure. See y'all there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business