“overnight stay”

Ranked #18 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Wichita Falls, United States
“overnight stay”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very clean, good breakfast, very nice over all. Only problem was finding someone at checkout time. It was very quiet and this was my second stay at the same hotel. It is located well, not too far from Dallas and close to lots of good restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Charity K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for the review. I am glad that you had a pleasant experience with us. It is always our goal to have every guest leave extremely satisfied. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Fort Worth area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were greeted politely and efficiently at the front desk and found our room to be extremely comfortable and spacious. It was the best night sleep I'd had in years. Unfortunately, breakfast was a bust. It was if the staff was surprised at the number of guests in the hotel. The buffet was nearly completely empty and when it was replenished, the fare was sparse and cold. While we were waiting for more food to be put out, the housekeeping staff decided to mop the floor at the height of the morning traffic jam at the front desk. There was no regard for safety, no signs indicating a wet floor, just a housekeeper mopping aimlessly through the busy lobby. Does this really need to happen at 9 am on the weekends? I was surprised to find out that I had actually had a double hold put on my debit card. Even after calling for help, I have not had the hold released that was placed on my debit card five days ago. I really wanted to like this hotel. It really was gorgeous. I'm just sad that they have not followed through on their customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am happy that you were satisfied with the rooms and I apologize that the rest of your experience did not meet your expectations. We have completed additional training with our breakfast staff. Since we require a valid credit card to gaurentee reservations, it is our policy to pre-authorize credit cards on the day of arrival. If a credit card is changed at checkin, that does place a hold on the new credit card as well. Authorization would be released on the day of checkout, and then the bank is responsible for returning the funds to your credit limit. I apologize that this made your experience with us less that you anticipated.
El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I found this hotel online and booked because it was close to Billy Bob's where we were attending a concert. We were very impressed with the courteous staff and very nice, clean rooms. We felt like we really got a steal due to the reasonable room rates and free shuttle to and from Billy Bob's. The hotel is also convenient to many popular restaurants. We would highly recommend it and would most definitely stay there again!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to use the shuttle service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2014

While on business trip, stayed 4 nights here and had no problems what-so-ever. Staff were friendly, courteous, and very professional. Each morning at 5 am I went down to get coffee and the young man who worked the front desk at this time (each night of my stay) was always pleasant and had fresh coffee ready for me. Stayed in room 308 and it was very clean and the A/C worked perfectly. Room was cleaned daily and was spotless. Never heard any outside noise and 3rd floor was very quiet. The breakfast buffet was always well stocked and got me off to a good daily start of the day. Also enjoyed the evening reception. The glass of white wine around 7 pm was relaxing. Location of hotel for my business purposes was great-just across the street. In fact, left car at hotel and just walked over to business. So, had a little exercise and saved on fuel. Yes, the highway construction projects are a bother, but nothing the hotel was responsible for. Highly recommend this hotel for business or for anyone wanting a clean, comfortable place to stay with outstanding staff and service.

Room Tip: Request High (3rd) floor room, midway down the hall from elevators. perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TwoFromColumbus
Thank you for the review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Fort Worth.
Carthage
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went through a travel discount company. Guess the reason why it didn't cost as much was because it sounded like a herd of elephants above us when they walked around the room. Always got woke up in the morning and the last night there I had to call the office at midnight. On the other had the breakfast was good. Room was clean even though a lot smaller than we expected. We did have a fridge and microwave. Construction is still bad, but we finally figured the best way in and out. Staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. Location would have be great if there had not been construction.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Charity K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth Fossil Creek, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you expereinced a problem with noise. We realize that some people are lighter sleepers than others and offer complimentary ear plugs on request. I do hope that you will give us another chance to show you the your experience was not typical of most guests if you are in the area again.
Norman, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were upgraded to a suite option due to our HHonors Rewards program even though we did not ask for it. It was a nice surprise. The room was really nice and clean. I think the hotel itself is kind of new. Particularly I liked the fact that they offer a clean duvet cover over the comforter. The constructions in the area were crazy, but of course, that is not the hotel's fault. I would strongly recommend this hotel, considering the price and quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am happy that enjoyed not only your stay but the upgraded room as well. We realize that the construction in our area can be difficult and our staff is prepared to provide alternate routes whenever possible. Thank you for your review.
Berne, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had 4 generations of our family visiting Fort Worth for the wedding of our granddaughter and checked into 2 rooms for 2 nights. VERY CLEAN hotel and extremely friendly staff! WE were greeted at the front desk by D'Nay and Mark who were both very hospitable and helpful! Our 2 year-old and 4 year-old great-granddaughters used the pool several times and it was very clean and safe! We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for completing a review. I was excited to see that your great-grandchildren has such a good time in our pool. Also, thank you for taking the time to recognize two of our super star staff members, they have received special recognition based on your comments.