“Nice Staff & Good Rooms”

Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek
Ranked #49 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After being sent here by The Renaissance Marriott in Downtown Ft. Worth with my co-workers (24 of us), after the Marriott did not honor our reservation, we were welcomed by 2 very nice front desk clerks and a Manager. They really understood that we would likely not be in the best mood after our nightmare ordeal at the Marriott, and were SO accommodating. My husband and I were even upgraded to a King Jacuzzi Suite. Although, we are still disappointed to not be in the heart of Ft. Worth close to our conference, we are so grateful that there is still a hotel that cares about customer service after being so poorly treated at what is supposed to be a high-end hotel. Free wifi & parking unlike the other hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are HUGE
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rena S
GeneralManager670, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

It was a great pleasure to know that our property was able to provide you an excellent stay that exceeded your expectations. We are happy that we were able to ease out your mind from your unlikely situation, which was having available rooms for your co-workers. Glad to hear that you liked the upgraded King Jacuzzi suite and the service provided by our Manager and Front desk staff. Our customer’s satisfaction matters to us most and it is delightful to know that you had an exceptional experience. Thank you very much for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a nice property. Rooms are large and well kept. There are a lot of other hotels in the same area, a couple of dining choices, a gas station and a lower end strip mall. Lots of trucks and construction workers, but even so, the room was exceptionally quiet. The air conditioning worked perfectly and the beds are very, very comfortable. The pool looked nice but we didn't try use it. Nice breakfast area.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are quiet and you can park parallel to the building and come in close to your room...
Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MOHAMMAD M, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We very much appreciate that you have taken out your precious time from your busy schedule to tell the world how much we care our guests, even though on a housefull, we always try to keep our hotel noise free. We value your feedback and will share it with our guest service agents to guide you about the area, housekeeper to make your room comfortable, breakfast lady to serve the best breakfast and the maintenanace person to keep the hotel in best shape alongwith the pool. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had the opportunity to stay twice at this hotel in the past two weeks. We were in Fort Worth, TX visiting family and friends. The first time we stayed there was a problem with the phone. The staff moved us right away to another room. It was very comfortable, in fact my wife commented how well she slept the first night. We stayed there three nights. Breakfast was a choice of eggs, sausage, waffles (in the shape of Texas), along with various fruit choices, cereals, and on occasion biscuits and gravy.
we've been left headed south to Austin and visited some friends.when we returned we stayed 2 more days and again had great service and good food. I would recommend this place for anyone traveling and need a good nights rest. I will say that many use this hotel as well but all were courteous and kind to us as well as the staff. The price is very affordable.

Room Tip: we like staying on the main floor room 112 and 109 were very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MOHAMMAD M, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience on your both stays witin two weeks. Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate where we are performing well and what can be done more to improve our hotel services.
We are delighted that you have liked and enjoyed our wonderful tasty and delicious breakfast.

We are looking forward to see you again to enjoy our excellant hospitality.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

An unexpected event while buying a house and moving left my wife and I and our 8 yr old daughter without a place to stay for a week and with a LOT of extra gear in tow. Location drove the choice to stay here and we were very pleased with the friendly staff and clean room. Would definitely choose a Comfort Suites location again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AirframeGuy
MOHAMMAD M, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

We are very glad that you did choose our hotel for your recent stay while you are looking your sweat home and enjoyed your stay. Hotel staff always makes sure that every guest at our hotel feels safe and comfortable like home.
I do really appreciate that you took out few minutes from your precious time and leave a positive comment on trip advisor about the hotel,staff and its services.
I am sure your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Wow. As I said to the lady at the front desk at this property - I'm not one to complain but I'm not happy about the quality of our room.

Rusty toilet paper holder, stains on the walls and the couch, just overall dirty feeling in the room. I actually went out and bought a pillow case cover just so I didn't have to put my head on the pillow - if the room was this dirty, what am I NOT seeing. Bleh.

I thought ok, maybe they gave the Priceliner the bad room, because honestly, the common areas looked fine. Breakfast was good, nice lady attending to that The nice staff and the common area look & feel is the only reason I gave it more than 1 *.

I asked to be moved after one night and the next room was better, but still not great - ie, the toilet paper holder was LESS rusty than the last one.

It is just a strange hotel. Did like the fact that they had a "wet bar" area with microwave & refrigerator. But all that is lost on me when I don't feel a room is clean.

As a longtime user of Priceline/Priceline Express Deals, I use TripAdvisor reviews to confirm where to stay. I feel let down by both Priceline & TripAdvisor - at least some of the TA reviews that I read on this property must be fake...I can't imagine how anyone would give this property 5 stars. On our 9 day road trip, this was by far the WORST hotel we stayed in.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BethKel
MOHAMMAD M, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed two nights here for our anniversary. Check in was quick and simple. The rooms are nice and the breakfast was delicious! The only thing that concerned me was a small hole on the outside glass of the window that looked much like small bullet hole. I would recommend getting it fixed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager670, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary at our Hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a speedy check-in and enjoyed our top quality accommodations. We appreciate that you’ve brought to our attention the glass window hole in the room you stayed in. We will have our staff check this and rest assured that the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several different trips to Fort Worth, as they are located very near to where my kids live. I usually travel alone and it is great to stay at a hotel where I feel safe, secure, and comfortable. Saw a comment about parking that I didn't understand as the parking area is quite spacious and I've never had to park very far from the entrance.

I have always found the rooms clean and the staff both professional and friendly. The rooms are quite large and comfortable. There is a sitting area with small "kitchen" area, including frig, sink, and microwave. While the hotel has been sometimes hard to access due to unceasing construction on Hwy 820 loop, it was better at this last visit.

The breakfast is okay but not very imaginative - usually sausage or bacon, biscuits, eggs (the fast food variety), DIY waffles, muffins, rolls,hot/cold cereal options, juice, etc. Think this is the standard format for Comfort Suites, as I've had exactly the same at other locations. If you'd like more variety, there is an IHop about 1/2 block away. Many other restaurants are also close by in the North Beach/Western Center area. Nice Kroger grocery and Walmart also within 2-5 miles, without having to get back on the highway (a real advantage).

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Through the hotel is quite near to 820 loop, I've never been aware of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager670, General Manager at Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right.

It is enlightening to know that our staff assisted you well during your visit, the room you’ve stayed in was comfortable and relaxing, and you were able to go to a lot of places with our convenient location. Rest assured that we will consider your comments regarding more creative breakfast selections as we look forward to more likely stay in the future.

Thank you for giving us the insight into how we can better serve our guests in the future. We hope to see you soon!