“Very good hotel at convenient location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview

Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview
Ranked #43 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Israel
“Very good hotel at convenient location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at this Courtyard for a few nights on business and all in all was a good stay.
only reason this is a 4 star as i have something to compare it to its neighbouring hotel - the Homewood suites, and this hotel is slightly less good...

Pros - great location, nice rooms (not as huge as homewood but quite spacious) which were clean and neat, good service, no noise from road or other rooms, nice big windows, cleaning service efficient and daily.

Cons - breakfast wasn't included in my rate but hotel doesn't really have breakfast more an option to choose from the lobby menu... as i really enjoy a nice light breakfast this was a real downer for me...
soap was really bad quality - you know that if i bothered to write this in a review it's reeealy bad... just bring your own.
service - although generally nice in reception and when needed room only had one set of soap and when called down to ask more they told me to come to the reception and get it...

all in all this hotel is quite good but due to strong local competition they should really improve in what they can to be even better...

Room Tip: top floor facing the Courtyard was nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you had a pleasurable stay while in town. I will get with my staff about the couple of things you brought up that can be improved to help make your next stay even more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Campbell, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Was visiting family while staying at this hotel and a huge ice storm struck, closing DFW and the surrounding roads for miles. The hotel staff did not go home for several days as roads remained trecherous and other staff could not get in. Staff remained upbeat and pleasant throughout. They were able to find me a taxi to the airport, even though another private car company cancelled. They even had a movie night with free popcorn because we were mostly stuck inside! Rooms are comfortable, nicely appointed. My only complaint is that the hotel seem unprepared for snow/ice removal. Granted, this is Texas and such storms do not occur freqently. However they should have salt, sand, shovels and a tool to break ice stored on site for the safety of their guests and staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for the kind words and putting up with us during the ice storm. I'm glad we could make the best of the situation. We did have ice and shovels, but the storm was much more severe than originally predicted. We actually put down more than 300 pounds of salt and broke our shovel. I am creating a winter storm checklist to ensure the hotel is even more prepared for the next storm. Once again, thank you for taking the time to say such nice things about the staff and hotel.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Excellent property conveniently located in southwest Fort Worth. Rooms are very comfortable and the beds are great. Great evening at the manager's reception and the breakfast was quick and refreshing. The highlight of my stay was my contact with DeAngela at the front desk. I was greeted with a smile and hello that made me feel at home. This will be a stop for me for future stays.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to pass on the compliment to DeAngela and the rest of the staff. We look forward to having you for future stays.

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this property 2 nights in December and unfortunately had noisy guests check in at 3:30 am next door to us. We called the desk to ask that they send security to quiet the racket next door. The desk clerk assured me that she would quiet the noise, call the police, or move them to a different room. Instead of accomplishing any of that, she offered US to move to another room and stated she would credit us for one nights charges. We reluctantly changed rooms at 4:30 am, just so we could sleep! As we were checking out a few hours later,(the night clerk was still on duty) she said "I couldn't take off the charges for you since you got a different room, and besides, the other party was just trying to unwind and settle down."
We asked for the GM's contact info, the contact info she gave us was bogus!! Disconnected number and when we called Marriott corporate offices, the name she gave was not an employee for the chain!!
Just so happens my husband is an elite member at Marriott! I'm certain he can get the situation resolved. I wouldn't bother with this property, there are several others nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank srb4
Jeff E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
I'm sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel. If you would please contact me at 817.294.7600, I will be happy discuss the matter and see what all I can do for you.

Once again I apologize for the experience and I hope we can come to a resolution.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our stay started friendly enough, until we found out they won't accept AAA for anything but their small rooms. So, we were a little disappointed with the pricing of the room. We arrived to our room after our 17 hour drive and couldn't wait to get showered - only to find that the hot water didn't work in our room! We called the front desk and was told we weren't operating it correctly and they would come show us how to use the shower. Surprised by their response, we got all of our kids redressed so we could "prove" to them it didn't work. The guy seemed surprised that we were correct and said we would have to move rooms. So, we repacked, got the luggage cart, and moved. They didn't even apologize for the inconvenience. When we checked out, they asked if we were satisfied with the stay - I told them not really, explained why, and the lady just said an unsympathetic "sorry" and sent us on our way. Then, to top it off - there is no complimentary breakfast and the hallways smell awful. Horrible value for $150!

We don't usually stay at Courtyards and they had an opportunity to win our business for future stays, but that will definitely be the first and last time we ever stay there.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jeff E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I believe I got in contact with you via email after your checkout to help resolve your issue. If this is not the case, please reach out to me at the hotel's phone number so we can discuss further.

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Our room was wonderful, clean, quiet, everything was just lovely till Breakfast time, we had the B and B package...we invite friends to join us which they did, all 5 of us ordered same time, 3 of us got food and 2 didn't, 2 plates came out and were what they ordered but sent to wrong table ..they came in after us, ate and left and still NO food for guests. Guests paid in cash, a $8.95 plate EACH...finally when it came the manager came to say they couldn't return their cash purchase but would credit us..Fine.. well my math and theirs is sure off, we got $l0.00 credit and the explaination was just bogus. 2 x $8.95 is more than l0 plus the 2 latees that were cold...I got the biggest run around. We got home to find out we were charged a lot more than the agreed price so will contact them today. I am sooooo disappointed as we almost exclusive use Marriotts.

Room Tip: higher floor and not on I 20 side of building. Rooms lovely...Don't eat there or get the b and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jeff E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and the hotel overall, but am disappointed our breakfast and customer service was not satisfactory. If you would like to reach out to me, please call the hotel directly and ask to speak to Jeff. I will be more than happy to resolve the issue anyway I can.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were so pleased with the cleanliness of the room, bathroom, lobby area and outside of the property. There is a huge lobby where you can relax and look out at the fountains in the courtyard (it was cold when we were there!) Lots of comfortable seats in the lobby. Huge bathroom which is a bonus when traveling with others. The beds were super comfortable. I have to give a shout out to the night auditor, Dan, who went far beyond good customer service when he stayed on the phone with me when I was lost and frustrated late at night and directed me right to the front door of the hotel. I hope the manager told him how much I appreciated his kindness. Coffee service in room is superior to other properties with the single-serve cups of coffee and they offer Starbucks in the lobby, There is an I-Hop directly across the road along with lots of restaurants and stores nearby.

Room Tip: The king room offered a comfortable sofa for watching tv or reading. Check if you're booking a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth West at Cityview, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your stay went. I've I'm more than pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to Danny again. It isn't very often our overnight crew gets to hear such nice things.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again soon!