“Fun place to take your kids ”
Review of Log Cabin Village

Cowboys and Culture - Fort Worth Bus Tour
Ranked #21 of 158 things to do in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Today, each of the historic structures, furnished with authentic artifacts, provides a vivid look at life in the nineteenth century North Texas frontier. Each log house displays different aspect of pioneer life. The exhibits include a water-powered gristmill, a one-room schoolhouse, a blacksmith shop, an herb garden, and several log home settings. Historical interpreters, who are City of Fort Worth staff and volunteers, depict the lifestyle of the people who lived and settled the area in the mid to late 1800s.
Fort Worth, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun place to take your kids ”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I grew up taking field trips to the Log Cabin village and then loved taking my own homeschooled kids there as an adult. Highly recommended!

Kelli P, Manager at Log Cabin Village, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you so much for making Log Cabin Village a family tradition!! We love to hear stories like yours. I hope you will return soon to make more memories.

Miami Beach, Florida
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Small, but fun”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Its near the Zoo and Botanical gardens, so you can stop by for a vista while you visit either of those. The kids loved it. It takes you back in time and is fun to see the old cabins and mill. More for kids than adults, but we enjoyed it

Visited August 2014
Kelli P, Manager at Log Cabin Village, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for bringing your family to Log Cabin Village! I am so happy you enjoyed your experience and hope you join us again soon.
Keller, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“living history”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have lived in Ft. Worth my whole life and last week with my 5 and 7 year old was my first ever visit. As a teacher, I loved it! My girls really loved the interactive cabin, we went back to it twice. The girls were amazed at the water pump, grinding corn, and the toys kids had 150 years ago. I would like to go back in the fall when they have some of the demos mentioned on their website. We were fortunate that there was a field trip, because it allowed us to sit in on the "citizens" of the homes and buildings. My favorite cabin was the #2 cabin (can't remember the name) this was because the lady working there was the best at telling/showing her cabin. She showed us how to use a spinning wheel, loom, and explained about the various types of beds people would sleep on.
TIP: It is very shady at the village, however, if it is mosquito season, you may want to take a little spray. We had a few bites, but that is nature, not the village.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Micke920
Kelli P, Manager at Log Cabin Village, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for bringing your children with you to experience Log Cabin Village. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Check our web site events page to see our fall line up. Hope to see you back soon!
United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Charming and Authentic!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

While in Fort Worth I visited the Log Cabin Village. I generally visit historical homes /buildings in any city that I happen to be in, and this is one of the best preserved collections I have come across. In all there are 11 buildings to see. The buildings are mapped out along a tree lined path which is very easy to follow. It is perfectly laid out with signs marking the name of each building so there is no chance of getting lost or missing anything. In some of the houses there are people dressed in period clothing who take the time to explain life long ago. At one house we were able to participate in candle dipping. There is also a small play area for children. Throughout the year the village has special events for families to participate in. Please note that at this time the only restroom facilities on the property are port-a- potties. This was an amazing find and well worth the $5.00 entrance fee!

Visited July 2014
Kelli P, Manager at Log Cabin Village, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your time with us and taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am pleased to report that we have upgraded our restrooms to a "comfort station" with sinks, stalls, and A/C. Hope you come back to see us soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great park”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great to see history. Log cabins to remind us of days past!

A must see and great natural respite.

Treat yourself to a piece of the past!

Kelli P, Manager at Log Cabin Village, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks so much for visiting Log Cabin Village! I am so glad you enjoyed our natural setting in addition to the history that we preserve. Hope you come back soon!