“Geriatric food, outrageous prices”
Review of Star Cafe

Star Cafe
Ranked #88 of 1,590 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Description: (817) 624-8701. It is in the Fort Worth Stockyards
Description: (817) 624-8701. It is in the Fort Worth Stockyards
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had four adults and one child; the bill was $72. The chicken fried steak was tastless and the fries were soggy and barely warm. They charge an additional $2 to upgrade from fries to baked potato and $2.50 for a coke or tea. We live here and go visit the Stockyards often; we will NOT recommend this place to anyone or return for a meal.

1  Thank Ags86

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My friend and I stopped here for lunch during a shopping trip at the stockyards. (If you are visiting the area, keep in mind that a lot of shops and restaurants are closed on Mondays.) Star Cafe is not fancy, but the food is very good. I had a tenderloin steak salad, which was HUGE. They were out of french dressing, but the ranch was great. TONS of delicious steak on the salad. The waitress told my friend the cheeseburgers were "to die for", so my friend had one and agreed. Everyone was very friendly--local regulars that were dining suggested what to have. Great choice for lunch!

1  Thank Cappygirl12
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were hesitant at first to try the place but looking for something authentic at the Stockyards. This place delivered! It looks like it appeals to the locals. We sat at the front and had a great view of the horses and trailers driving by for the rodeo. I had an incredible hamburger and other family members had chicken fried steak that they said was outstanding. We enjoyed the authentic down-home atmosphere here. We all enjoyed the Stockyards and this place is a definite plus for the area.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't have gone into this place had two smoking diners (locals) not virtually forced me in here and told me what to have, and I'm glad they did. It's quite an atmospheric 'local' rather than tourist place. The $16 ribeye was recommended to me and it was an utter delight. I'm not a massive steak fan but this was something else. Go here, and also take your Colmans English mustard with as US mustard is a bit bland..! Sorry America...

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Ate lunch at Star after spending the night at Miss Molly's. Good cafe food and friends had a great steak.