“Clean/inexpensive hotel close to downtown”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #29 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed for one night to be close to Sundance square and the glowrun which was being run along the trinity river. The hotel was very clean, offered a free breakfast, and was within walking distance of where we needed to go. The downside of this hotel, is they only offered a king size bed and a pull out couch. Also, there is only 1 elevator and that can be be far from the room you are staying in. The hotel seems very new and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's less than 1/2 mile from downtown and 1.2 miles from where our race was run at the Fort Worth Cat Field (minor league baseball). I would definitely stay there again. Well worth the $129 per night that I spent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Craig M
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. The GlowRun, I heard so many wonderful things about that run, it sounds like so much fun! I am thrilled to hear we were in a great location for you and we hope to see you again next year, if not sooner.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Nothing negative to say about this place. The only thing is I would recommend bringing your own pillow but the room was great. They also had one of the best breakfasts compared to any other hotel I've stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Jennifer B

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback. Yes, I agree, our breakfast is great, can't beat a complimentary hot breakfast buffet anywhere around Downtown.

We are changing it up a little and adding some more variety, so I hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked a one night stay for our anniversary. We wanted to be as close to downtown as possible, but we were on a budget. So if you looking for a reasonable priced hotel within walking distance to downtown, then this is your place.

We were excited to see that at the front desk, they provide you with a complementary map and list of bars and restaurants within about a mile and half. This was great because I was able to do a bit a research using there free wifi, and we found a great place that was a 15 min walk. The hotel does promote the use of the "Molly Trolley" which will take you downtown for free, but we enjoyed the walk because the weather was nice. However, if you are not a walker the "Molly" is great. The normal run times are 6 pm to 10 pm, but the concierge told us if we wanted to go earlier then 6 pm, he could call dispatch and they would pick us up.

Room was clean. The kitchenette, which included stovetop, mircowave, dishwasher, and full sized frig) was nice even though we didn't need it. It has everything you need for an extended stay (e.g. dishes, kitchenware, etc). Bed was comfortable. Linens and towels were soft. My only knock was that shower water pressure was poor, but I am splitting hairs.

I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teachernick

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and detailed review! I know all our future guests will really benefit from this and my team and I are so thrilled to hear you had so a great experience!
Please come back and see us soon!

Downtown Ft. Worth

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Never got the chance to spend the night. I picked the hotel because of its close proximity to the Stockyards and Billy Bob's. When I returned to the hotel at 12:30 in the morning from the Stockyards there were no parking places! I was told I could park in a handicapped parking place or on the side of the street off of the property. I didn't feel comfortable doing either. I got a refund, packed up my room, and left at 1:00 in the morning. I spent 15-30 minutes driving south on 35W and was turned down twice by to more hotels because of lack of availability. By the time I found a room and got in bed it was 2:00 in the morning. They had to know when they planned and built this facility that if they were ever at capacity that this would be an issue! I won't go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maggie T
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time and providing us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you chose not to stay at the hotel and that we left a bad impression based on our limited parking space. We have such a beautiful, award winning hotel and our service is truly exceptional.

We do offer complimentary limited parking at our hotel and we have sufficient parking along the street, which is where our guests park when we are at full occupancy. It is safe to park on the street and we do have Security at night, as well as the Fort Worth Police Department does their rounds.

We would love for you to give us another opportunity next time you are in the Fort Worth area.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Never got the chance to stay longer since I had to catch my Flight back home before New year's eve. But the room is fairly huge and clean. Mini kitchen is pretty clean as well. Staffs are friendly. If you love running, you certainly have options, either to stay at the hotel and use the fitness gym or go to Trinity trail which is a few minutes drive across Trinity river. Anyhow, I would recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GTCube
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, as well as our local running trail, it is a great one! Thank you for recommending our hotel and hope to see you soon on your next trip to Fort Worth!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

You won't find a better place downtown at this price. Loved the room and appreciated having a kitchen with free wifi and parking. The front desk was very helpful when checking in. They offer free beer wine and food in the evening and the trolley makes a stop out front.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank K-State_Travler
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I can't agree more, you won't find a better place in downtown at our price. We take great pride in our award winning hotel and always make our guests satisfaction our #1 priority. We look forward to having you back in Fort Worth soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Nice place to stay with a friendly staff. We stayed on New Years Eve so it was a bit pricey. We would recommend staying here. It was very clean. We were close enough to downtown Ft. Worth to walk to the square if we wanted.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Queeny259

Thank you for writing a review. I am happy to hear you were able to bring in the new year with us at Sundance Square. For New Years Eve, our prices are higher, however please look out for our great deals and discounts online. We look forward to having you again soon.