TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #24 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We were going to a concert at the Ft Worth Convention center this weekend and we wanted to stay close, but not pay as much as other convenient hotels. My husband did some research and chose this one. We were so glad that we did! We were able to check in and take the free & wonderful Molly Trolley to the concert leaving our car parked free at the hotel. The lobby was spacious and pleasantly decorated. After we returned from dinner, we bought an ice cream bar at the hotel snack store and all visited in the lobby. It was enjoyable! Our rooms were very roomy and set up just right. We didn't need the kitchen, but it would be helpful if it was a long stay! We must have had 8 pillows on our bed! The beds were good too. Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes along with cheese, picante sauce and peppers available too. There was a waffle machine and of course muffins. If ever we have the choice of this hotel again, we will book it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while visiting Fort Worth and were able to enjoy our great amenities, as well as our City's Molly the Trolley! Hope to see you again soon!

TownePlace Suites by Marriott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I did a quick overnight to the Sundance Square area for our anniversary. This hotel was spot on but was a little out of the way from Sundance Square. Molly the Trolley will pick you up right outside though and get you to the downtown area. Was a little hard to find where to get back on for the return trip though. Would be nice if the hotel shuttle was available. Room was clean, breakfast was hot and plentiful. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Libbyb
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank You for choosing our hotel to spend your Anniversary evening with us. I appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoted your evening in our beautiful Sundance Square. I am glad you were able to use the Molly the Trolley to get around, we do offer maps of the Molley the Trolley route at the front desk to help you navigate a little better in the future.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you again soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed for one night to be close to Sundance square and the glowrun which was being run along the trinity river. The hotel was very clean, offered a free breakfast, and was within walking distance of where we needed to go. The downside of this hotel, is they only offered a king size bed and a pull out couch. Also, there is only 1 elevator and that can be be far from the room you are staying in. The hotel seems very new and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's less than 1/2 mile from downtown and 1.2 miles from where our race was run at the Fort Worth Cat Field (minor league baseball). I would definitely stay there again. Well worth the $129 per night that I spent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Craig M
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. The GlowRun, I heard so many wonderful things about that run, it sounds like so much fun! I am thrilled to hear we were in a great location for you and we hope to see you again next year, if not sooner.

Perrin, TX
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Nothing negative to say about this place. The only thing is I would recommend bringing your own pillow but the room was great. They also had one of the best breakfasts compared to any other hotel I've stayed at.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jennifer B
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback. Yes, I agree, our breakfast is great, can't beat a complimentary hot breakfast buffet anywhere around Downtown.

We are changing it up a little and adding some more variety, so I hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked a one night stay for our anniversary. We wanted to be as close to downtown as possible, but we were on a budget. So if you looking for a reasonable priced hotel within walking distance to downtown, then this is your place.

We were excited to see that at the front desk, they provide you with a complementary map and list of bars and restaurants within about a mile and half. This was great because I was able to do a bit a research using there free wifi, and we found a great place that was a 15 min walk. The hotel does promote the use of the "Molly Trolley" which will take you downtown for free, but we enjoyed the walk because the weather was nice. However, if you are not a walker the "Molly" is great. The normal run times are 6 pm to 10 pm, but the concierge told us if we wanted to go earlier then 6 pm, he could call dispatch and they would pick us up.

Room was clean. The kitchenette, which included stovetop, mircowave, dishwasher, and full sized frig) was nice even though we didn't need it. It has everything you need for an extended stay (e.g. dishes, kitchenware, etc). Bed was comfortable. Linens and towels were soft. My only knock was that shower water pressure was poor, but I am splitting hairs.

I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teachernick
Thank you so much for such a wonderful and detailed review! I know all our future guests will really benefit from this and my team and I are so thrilled to hear you had so a great experience!
Please come back and see us soon!

Downtown Ft. Worth
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Never got the chance to spend the night. I picked the hotel because of its close proximity to the Stockyards and Billy Bob's. When I returned to the hotel at 12:30 in the morning from the Stockyards there were no parking places! I was told I could park in a handicapped parking place or on the side of the street off of the property. I didn't feel comfortable doing either. I got a refund, packed up my room, and left at 1:00 in the morning. I spent 15-30 minutes driving south on 35W and was turned down twice by to more hotels because of lack of availability. By the time I found a room and got in bed it was 2:00 in the morning. They had to know when they planned and built this facility that if they were ever at capacity that this would be an issue! I won't go back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Maggie T
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time and providing us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you chose not to stay at the hotel and that we left a bad impression based on our limited parking space. We have such a beautiful, award winning hotel and our service is truly exceptional.

We do offer complimentary limited parking at our hotel and we have sufficient parking along the street, which is where our guests park when we are at full occupancy. It is safe to park on the street and we do have Security at night, as well as the Fort Worth Police Department does their rounds.

We would love for you to give us another opportunity next time you are in the Fort Worth area.
Thank you again for your feedback.

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Never got the chance to stay longer since I had to catch my Flight back home before New year's eve. But the room is fairly huge and clean. Mini kitchen is pretty clean as well. Staffs are friendly. If you love running, you certainly have options, either to stay at the hotel and use the fitness gym or go to Trinity trail which is a few minutes drive across Trinity river. Anyhow, I would recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank GTCube
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, as well as our local running trail, it is a great one! Thank you for recommending our hotel and hope to see you soon on your next trip to Fort Worth!