“Great Service, Poor Restaurant, Overpriced.”
Review of The Ashton Hotel

The Ashton Hotel
Ranked #11 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Plano, Texas, United States
“Great Service, Poor Restaurant, Overpriced.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

On the whole, our experience during our weekend here last week was pretty good. First the good: The service in the hotel is excellent (attentive without being intrusive). The entire building is very clean. The location could not be better. The bed is very comfortable. The bathrooms are spacious and quite beautiful. Now the bad: The service in the restaurant is awful, the food is mediocre, and it is way overpriced. The rooms are not very well furnished, particularly the desk, which managed to be both impractical and ugly, and the soft chair, which was so old it had lost all support. Parking is $20 plus tax a night (seriously?). Turn down service came in, left cookies and 2 bottles of water on the desk the first night we were there, then on my bill I noticed we were charged $7.50 for the water! Despite the excellent hotel service, we will not be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
mmichalski, General Manager at The Ashton Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and it is very disappointing to all of us here at the Ashton when we fall short. We appreciate the positive comments about our service and cleanliness. We will take your comments on what we need to improve on very seriously. We appreciate your opinions so we can use them to improve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Jamesville
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. We had been elsewhere in Texas for my son's wedding and decided on The Ashton since we enjoy Historic Registry Hotels. The Ashton did not disappoint. It was first class from beginning to end. If you travel to Forth Worth, this boutique Hotel is worth a stay. Outstanding service, impeccable dining experience and a first rate facility.

Room Tip: We did a room upgrade for our romance Package and the Chocolate dipped Strawberries and Champagne we...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
mmichalski, General Manager at The Ashton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your kind words and we hope you come back soon.
Benbrook
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

At first appearance this place is beautiful and clean. Love the history of the two buildings and the downtown location. Cookies are great! Wifi comes and goes. Showers need redone; it wouldn't cost much too much to replace the shower heads and install shower curtains that swing out for room in the little tubs. The Ashton calls itself a luxury hotel, but no hotel can truly be a luxury when it doesn't provide a quality shower or strong basic wifi to its customers. (Anyone can provide aclean bed and flat tv nowadays.)

• Stayed July 2013
We appreciate you sharing your observations regarding your recent stay with us. It sounds like your overall experience was positive which we are very pleased about. Thank you for your comments on the shower and wi-fi not meeting your expectations. Our wi-fi has been dramatically upgraded since your visit with more bandwidth and better access capabilities. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was in Fort Worth visiting an old friend for the weekend, and I stayed at the Ashton. I live in Honolulu, and I travel quite a bit for business and pleasure. I can honesty say that this hotel delivers an excellent hospitality experience. The staff is professional and attentive without being intrusive. I would swear they could read my mind. The front desk agents were warm and made me instantly feel welcome. I can be a little demanding at hotels, and they didn't disappoint.

The room was tastefully appointed. The feeling of this hotel is classic, understated elegance. They supplied Gilchrist and Soames bath products, and the bed and linens were very comfortable.

The valets and concierge were on point. They were excellent at helping me arrange my evening out. When I came back to the hotel after a night on the town, they had the bottle of Pinot Noir that I wanted and brought it up to my room with glasses for me and my guests.

The restaurant, The Six 10 Grille, was also quite good. I had one meal there and ordered room service several times. I would recommend the scallops for an appetizer and the lamb for the main course.

I could keep speaking their praises on here, but if you are reading this, just know that you should stay here. You won't be disappointed. Excellent staff, excellent rooms, tasty food.

Room Tip: Select a room on a higher floor. I would recommend one of the suites on floor six.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Gainesville, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I was greatly disappointed. The room was small and not at all plush. The bathroom was cute and clean. The two chairs were not at all comfortable and one was stained. The staff were excellent. but that is all that was. Everything was way over-priced for what you get.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I had my wedding reception at this Hotel and everyone absolutely loved the hotel. The staff and speicfically the wedding coordinator Cindy are amazing and so helpful. The wedding package was affordable and manageable and we stayed in the Presidential suite to get ready for the big day and after our reception. I took my bridal portraits there as well, and the photos are absolutely gorgeous!!

Such a great spot for your wedding reception and for a good night sleep!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The hotel is good, located not far from Sundance Square (which, in my opinion, isn't much and, thus, is quite overrated). Our room was large and had good style. The Wi-Fi connection was very weak, but they provided a on-spot modem, which improved it dramatically. Our room wasn't dirty, but not new and overly-clean either.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family