“Perfect perfect”

The Ashton Hotel
Ranked #12 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
“Perfect perfect”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had my wedding here on May 24. Everything was perfect. Cindy the coordinator is sooo nice and did everything she could to make our special day great. We stay in the presidential suite that night and it was beautiful. They hotel was nice enough to let us check in very early on that day so we could use the room to get ready for the wedding. They were very accommodating. The valet parking is a bit pricey but other than that this venue work out perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
Mark M, General Manager at The Ashton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We appreciate you sharing your special day with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We look forward to having you stay with us on your first anniversary!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I love to stay in Historic Hotels and the Ashton is one of the best . We were pleased to be able to visit the hotel during the April Main Street Arts Festival and have also stayed at this hotel in past years when we are in the area. Despite all the chaos on the street and I am sure the added stress to the hotel staff, our visit was a delight. Upon entering the hotel there is an immediate sense of calm and order. The staff was very gracious and immediately greeted us upon entering the hotel. The lobby was beautiful, very clean and the furnishings are tasteful and comfortable. Our room was large and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and above all the room was very quiet even with neighbors all the way around us. Our room and bath were immaculate and the staff was very professional. We will be back to stay here again. The location of the hotel is perfect with proximity to Sundance Square, Bass Performance Hall, museums and wonderful restaurants. The Ashton was everything we expect in a historic boutique hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2ROBCR
Mark M, General Manager at The Ashton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward in seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My family and I were recomended to the Ashton by a person who had only experienced their F&B amenities. If only we had known..
Upon booking, it was in our request to have a double bed room. No call was given to us saying that they were unable to accommodate that due to their small rooms having only a king bed. Lucky me got to sleep on an awful cot that could have been used for a military bunker. I was extremely upset, seeing that I was driving to Colorado with a girlfriend the next day. After having been checked in by an unapologetic, cigarette-smelling front desk agent, we were escorted to the room by the only worthwhile person in the hotel. The room was poorly (and minimally decorated), and the furniture was dated and old. I personally work in a luxury boutique hotel, and this was nowhere near the caliber of what it should have been.
We did not bother to use any other amenities at the hotel (a business center and a restaurant). It being Friday night, I was shocked to see the restaurant was completely dead.
After walking around and visiting Sundance Square, we returned to the hotel to request a shuttle (unavailable) or a taxi. The personality-deprived F&B manager "managed" to stare at his phone and order one, to never even look up, smile, or initiate a conversation. I am personally a bell-captain at an aforementioned hotel in Colorado. It would be completely unacceptable for any of our staff to treat patrons as the staff at this hotel did. Not one person managed to pull away from their own conversations among each other long enough to even say "hello." In fact, most all staff could be found loitering the front steps, chatting.
For a price of 230 dollars per night, the accommodations were COMPLETELY horrible. I would never in a million years return. Not being a corporate type person, I would much rather have stayed at the Omni or Hilton. And to think they call it a "luxury boutique" hotel..

• Stayed May 2014
I am very sorry you had such a terrible stay with us. I would not be happy either if I paid $230 for my room and had to sleep on a roll away bed. Unfortunately, all rooms here at the Ashton are king bedded. I apologize that we did not contact you after you made your online reservation. Please call me at 817-333-0323 and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay.
dallas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent our two-year anniversary here on Saturday night. The hotel was in a great location within walking distance to many different areas of downtown. We stayed in a signature room on the sixth floor which looked into the parking garage across the street. Since the hotel is in the center of downtown I'm not sure how many "prime" views are available. The rooms were nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large but the tub had not been upgraded and was rather small. Overall is was a pleasant experience but I doubt we would return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark M, General Manager at The Ashton Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. Being an historic property it is true that some of our rooms do have standard size tubs.I hope you do return and we can insure that you have a room with one of our wonderful claw footed jacuzzi tubs that are over-sized. If I can be of service to you in the future please do not hesitate to let me know.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I recently spent one night here to celebrate an anniversary. I had been looking forward to it since it seemed like such an upscale, unique experience. Sadly, it did not live up to expectations...we had a nice enough room, and the bed was excellent, but the experience as a whole was less than it should have been for the price.

The hotel itself is in a old building and is in a great location, but more attention needs to be paid to bringing the
amenities up to speed. Ipod docking station does not accomodate a phone (hellooo!!), very few channels on the tv (also very small), few luxury items in the bath (not even a shower cap, and the towels were sparse and dingy). The room itself was fine, however small, but the furniture looked very worn.

The most egregious part of the experience took place at breakfast the next morning: it was about 9:15 a.m. when we came down, and the dining room was empty. The waiter insisted on seating us at a particular table b/c the others were all "reserved" (what???)---presumably b/c he didn't want to have to redo the tables for the lunch crowd. And then, I inquired about the "pastry of the day" and he maintained that it was the chefs discretion and there was no way to know what was coming out of the kitchen! Very strange:)
This hotel could be so much better, and with the location and history, could be a major destination place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New England
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Very nice small hotel, in very good shape. And the staff is serious about figuring out what you need and taking care of it efficiently. For example, I only spent one night but was greeted by name upon checking out.

This is what a boutique hotel should be. Some in that category are annoyingly gimicky; some are marketing ploys to sell rooms in a substandard crowded building. This is none of that. It's what a large high-end hotel strives for but never achieves.

And the location is right in the middle of a nice walkable area...also a short walk from the train station which is a fast an inexpensive way to get between DFW, Fort Worth and the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This charming hotel is right in the center of Ft. Worth. Great location within walking distance to Sundance square and downtown attractions and nightlife. Rooms were clean and elegantly presented, staff and concierge were friendly and helpful in recommending activities, attractions and nearby restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014