“Love me some Sushi!”

Ranked #32 of 1,602 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fresh and energetic, Blue Sushi Sake Grill serves fun sushi! You will enjoy a dining experience infused with flavor and spirited atmosphere. A large maki, sashimi and nigiri menu complements Asian-inspired cold plates, hot plates, entrees, soups, desserts and an extensive premium sake menu. We offer weekday Sushi Lunch Specials and daily Happy Hour specials!
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Great restaurant! Nice atmosphere and staff very helpful and attentive. Tried several different rolls and they were all delicious. Some a little bit more delicious than others, but all were edible. My favorites were the Hawaiin Roll, the White Fish Ceviche, and the Fiesta Roll. Drinks were okay. I tried three different ones and none of them were a must have in my opinion. I think the best drink of the evening for me was the cucumber water.
I will go back again when in the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Very modern and trendy atmosphere. The Sushi is fantastic! A must experience if sushi is your thing.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

It's possible that this review isn't fair. After having previously been stationed in Okinawa, Japan, I've probably had some of the best sushi that the world has to offer.

And Blue Sushi's offerings weren't BAD. In fact, I particularly liked one of the mango-flavored dishes that they served. The problem is that the sushi was just "okay." If an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet offered this kind of sushi, I'd be impressed. I expected more from a highly-acclaimed sushi spot in Fort Worth, though.

They did have some creative offerings that I was initially puzzled about, but many customers might like it. Ever had sushi topped with a sauteed jalapeno slice? Not bad...just, not conventional. But that kind of goes with the concept of this place. They're looking to be modern, and this is apparent through the decor as well as through the food.

Go during happy hour, though, and pay a fraction of the price for many of the same items. Oh, and it's definitely an "adult-oriented" place. Not that it's a bad place to take kids, but it looks like it's more designed to accommodate couples and co-workers to blow off some steam after work.

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Ok, it might not fair for them, but I'm Japanese and know what is real Japanese and Sushi about. Everything was eatable. Their sushi was little better than cheap Chinese all you can eat buffet. Far from of sushi restaurant level. I really hope they stop claim them self as Japanese restaurant, cause they are not. Contemporary Asian? Maybe...

Reviewed 18 February 2013

The sushi and other food items are very well done. The service is fast and friendly. The negative is the hip vibe and loud noise which takes away from the experience. If I want noise, I can go to a club but not during dinner please. Especially a Japanese dinner.

1  Thank Dave_and_Susan