We stayed in a beautiful newly remodeled room on the corner of the building. Two walls of floor to ceiling windows with extra tall ceilings. During the day and even the evening while we were in the room that was nice. However, at 1, 2 and even 3 in the morning while people were still bustling around down town just before, during and after the closing of the bars it was extremely loud with people yelling, singing, cars honking, etc. We were only on the second floor I think this experience of would have been better if we on a much higher floor. The room was spacious and beautiful, just would have been much better on a much higher floor.
The pool. I called down to the desk at 11pm and asked what time the pool and hot tub closed and the person said it was open all night. Well, the deck and the hot tub are available all night but the pool closes at 11 (we still got in... shhhh). The hot tub was down for maintenance.
If you are a light sleeper... don't forget your ear plugs, I am and every time the A/C kicked on or off I woke up.
Lastly, and totally not the hotels fault, again a higher floor may have prevented this, but on Sunday morning at 6:30 there was a jackhammer crew down on the street working!!! But I use it to urge you to stay as high up in the hotel as you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience old-fashioned luxury, fully updated with the latest technology, at the historic Courtyard Downtown Fort Worth Hotel. Marvel at the spires and terraces of the stunning 23-story, 1929 art deco building; a local landmark. Formerly known as the Blackstone Hotel, our establishment was a favorite of John Wayne, Clark Gable, & many of history's biggest celebrities. Our Fort Worth, TX hotel in Sundance Square is just four blocks from the Convention Center and ten minutes from the restaurants and shops of the famous Fort Worth Stockyards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone Hotel Fort Worth
- Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone Texas
- Fort Worth Marriott
- Fort Worth Courtyard