“Totally overpriced”

Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone
Ranked #29 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Whe are Marriott lovers, we use Marriott wherever we go but my husband and I were very disappointed with this one, we were expecting much more, beside the perfect location and the nice staff there is nothing else good about the hotel.
Very outdated, small rooms, small vanity, old headboard, old wall paper, no complimentary water, TV had only 4/5 digital channels, the others were analogic and blurry. No breakfast area, small reception but the price!!! that was big for sure!
While staying at this hotel we went to look at the Hilton and it was just grand compared to the Courtyard, and guess what? the price was 60$ less than our hotel.
I would not recommend this Courtyard and will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask, at least, for a room that faces the street, we were given a room that was looking at the alley...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsey W, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay in our historic hotel and that you were not please with the full renovation that we completed in 2012. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you what you expected, especially with our wonderful staff, as that certainly was not the experience of many of our guests.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel and awesome staff. Very friendly, soft beds. Wall was a little thin, could hear person next door snoring! Very close to Sundance square and convention center. In the hear of downtown, always wanted to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad to hear that you had such an awesome stay with us while you were in Fort Worth. Out staff tries to treat each guest like a member of the family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel really needs a refurbishment. Everything looks and feels old, there is no restaurant, not even for breakfast, and the room and bathroom was very small for US standards. I guess the view from my window could have been OK, if some one had ever cleaned the windows.

There is a small, outdoor swimming pool though, and this is much better than no pool at all. And it IS a Marriott, so of course everything actually works and the hotel was clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Lindsey W, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

I'm sorry that you felt that the rooms were small and old. The hotel was built in 1929 and we've worked hard to make the rooms updated with today's technology and keep everything working as it should. We hope that you'll give us another chance the next time you are in Fort Worth.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here while attending a conference. It was 4 blocks from the convention center....what a beautiful walk! The hotel staff was wonderful. Our room was perfect..guess the only negative was the parking...or the lack thereof. Had to pay additional $22 per day for parking...just one of the inconveniences if you stay in the downtown area. But the hotel itself could not have been better. It was the best nights rest I have had in ages! Thank you for making my 1st stay in Fort Worth a great one!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

I'm so glad that you had a fabulous stay with us! Like you said, the location is super convenient for any activity you wish to pursue. It's also great to hear that you had a terrific night's rest. We try to provide our guests with a home away from home.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A typical Courtyard Hotel, one step above a Super 8, but it was expensive. I hate plastic cups in the room. Advertised a pool and though it was 95 degrees it was not open. No breakfast included. No mini bar. Did have a clock and plenty of electrical outlets which is good. I looked at a wall. Housekeeping did not clean my room until after I called at 4:30 PM. Also, the air conditioner sounded like an jet airplane.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Lindsey W, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I apologize your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate feedback on ways we can improve our guest’s experience.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I'm a business traveler and I had to spent many weeks at the hotel. I usually look around after my first week to make sure I pick the best long term option. I stayed at this hotel for a while, for many reasons but the one that kept me coming back was the excellent customer service provided by Jean Kilgore and Teagan Ross. They were both very nice and accommodating to my needs. Every morning they will great me with a big smile and asked me how I was doing and when I got sick they make sure to check on me and provide any help I needed at the time. When you are away from home it is always nice to know someone is looking after you. The other convenient thing about this hotel is the Corner Bakery downstairs, it is great and they do room service. The location is great because you have many great restaurants at a walk-in distance.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for what you are looking for. They have the best knowledge of the hotel premises.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lindsey W, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I am happy to hear that you have had such a great long term experience with us. We want every guest to feel as if they are a part of our family. The location is wonderful with many things to do in the area and like you said we offer room service from several restaurants to make your stay more convenient even though we don't have a restaurant on-site. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The Courtyard Blackstone is located in the heart of Ft. Worth on Sundance Square. It's walking distance from several top restaurants including Raetta. The lobby is nice and has a quaint lounge area that is great for after hours working sessions. They also open up a small bar in the evenings and offer in room dining from 3 nearby restaurants. The rooms are decent, similar in style to other Courtyards but if you get a view of the Square you're in for a real treat- it's beautiful! I haven't been thrilled with the layout of my rooms (I've stayed here 3x), but they are functional and equip w/ a fridge & microwave. Some staff is friendlier than other, the sales staff is remarkably friendly & helpful!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad that you have had such a great stay that you have returned multiple times. I will definitely address with my staff about having a consistently positive attitude so that each interaction is pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.