Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Ashton Hotel(Fort Worth)
  • Breakfast included
Park Central Hotel(Fort Worth)
  • Pool
Omni Fort Worth Hotel(Fort Worth)
  • Pool
All reviewscorner bakerysundance squaregreat locationvalet parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancebassstreet noiseupgraded to a suiteconvention centerhigh floorolder hotelfront desk staffwould stay here againvalet servicebusiness triplobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2009

I stayed at this property in 1978 on its last legs, and that stay would kindle a fire in me to see the building's terrace suites. It was boarded up from 82-99, and re-opened after restoral as Courtyard. It would take me 9 more years to find a reason to justify over $200 for a room that would sleep three adults and a kid. I put the overflow of my family down there in a 14th floor terrace suite facing North over Thanksgiving. The furnishings were exactly what one would expect from Mariott corp. I eat lunch at the in-house corner bakery about monthly and it is very good. But, the views from atop that building are as exquisite as I had hoped. From inside the suite there will be a fire door with beveled glass in it the occupant can unlock. Ascend the stairwell and bingo you're on top of the building looking at Fort Worth. The staff was courteous, kind, and quickly moved to accept a negotiated rate just slightly less than the posted price for the room normally.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Arnold_Ziffel
Reviewed 26 October 2008

hi there

i am from the netherlands and it was my first visit to fort worth. i was not sure about the hotel, but it turned out to be great! nice bakery, very friendly people and not to much noise (i'm a poor sleeper with noise). it was a good stay, and i really enjoyed

thanks folks at the reception, you've been really nice and helpfull for this foreigner!

ton van den oetelaar
netherlands

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 16 October 2008

For the weekend of October 11, 2008 my wife and I booked a romatic weekend getaway at the Blackstone in Fort Worth.

Our overall experience was on par with most of your regular Courtyard Stays. The room was uneventful in its appearance, but it did have a great view of Main St. and downtown Fort Worth from the 16th floor balcony/terrace. Being a corner room there were tons of windows. The bed was quite comfortable. And there was a small refridgerator in the corner.

Staff at the hotel was very helpful even when assisting me over the phone in a minor booking error. I had accidentally booked our stay a day earlier than I had originally intended. I noticed the error when looking at my emailed reciept the day after we were booked to arrive. I immediately contacted the hotel. The staff made another reservation correcting the first incorrect reservation and notified me that they would contact their finance department in reference to any fines for not showing. We were never billed for the error. When we arrived on Friday, the reservation was booked into a regular king room and not in the balcony room I had wanted originally. The front desk helped corrected this error and we recieved the room from my orginal reservation.

The parking is a little difficult to understand. The hotel advertises self park for $9 per day and valet for $12 per day. I wasn't sure where the self park was because the hotels only marked garage is for valet only due to the elevator that is needed to lift the vehicles to the garage area. The wait on late Friday afternoon was not long. For Saturday was a totally different story. We waited quite a while to be parked. Getting your vehicle was quite easy. All you needed to do was contact the garage 5 or 10 minutes before you went down and your vehicle was waiting in the garage. I do know that most of the Sundance parking garages are free on the weekends from Friday 6pm. I'm not sure on how keen they are for overnight parking but it might be work the look.

The breakfast at Corner Bakery was tolerable. But for a breakfast with some substance, take the short drive to either Ol' South on University or any of the local Cracker Barrels.

Check out was smooth as we had no incidentals to pay for. We called down an our car was ready as soon as we got down.

If given the opportunity to stay at the Blackstone again, I would. And I would recommend it for anyone who would like to explore downtown Fort Worth.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2008

We have stayed at the Blackstone on a couple of ocassions and this was our best stay yet. The valet service was very efficient on our arrival and when we needed to get the car out during our stay. We found the front desk personnel very accomodating and helpful. The staff was very understanding when we couldn't get out by the noon check out time. They offered us a two hour extension which we took them up on which gave us time to go grab one last lunch in Sundance Square. We had one of the larger rooms with 2 queen beds. The room was very clean with a very effective AC system for a hot Texas weekend. While not huge, the exercise room, pool, and hot tub were all more than adequate and I have the sunburn to prove it. We love all the restaurants, clubs, and shops in a short walking distance. The Blackstone is not an upscale new design hotel. I believe the building was actually built around 1930 so it doesn't have all the design niceties of newer hotels but like the Menger in San Antonio we like it. The Blackstone has though been remodeled since our last visit a couple years back. If you prefer newer designed hotels with wall to wall windows try the Marriott Wortington a couple blocks north of the Blackstone. We have stayed there a couple times as well and really like it as well.
For it's value and location the Blackstone is a good hotel choice.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 21 June 2008

If you are used to Courtyards, this may surprise you. The hotel is nice, but feels like a really old building (which it is) that they have tried to make into a modern hotel. There is no lobby or commons areas. No complimentary breakfast here either. The rooms are clean but very small. The locations is pretty good, but not right on the square. Although I might stay here again, there are better properties on Sundance Square.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple