All reviews dfw airport m club early flight american airlines concierge lounge dallas cowboys football game shuttle service free shuttle breakfast buffet indoor pool conference room business meeting front desk staff up to date awesome hotel nice size
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I checked in for a week-long business meeting with pretty low expectations but, as usual, Marriott proved again that they really have hotel management down to a science. I have very little negative to say about my stay, which was a surprise as I'm typically pretty critical. We were treated to breakfast and lunch with our daily meetings, all of which was excellent and full of variety. Not only do they give you breakfast, but an hour or so later they cart in snacks for 2nd breakfast, and after lunch you get cookies and candy for 2nd lunch. Suffice to say I think I packed on at least 5 lbs during this trip. Of course, this may this depend on the level of service your company selects.

Likewise excellent was the room, which was spacious with an super bed. The exercise room is also well equipped. I liked the nice touch of free headphones in case you forget yours. Service was top notch, as you might expect. At one point our group wanted to call a cab to take us to a restaurant. After waiting a minute or two the concierge made a call and the hotel bus took the group instead. Indeed, the surrounding area is kind of sparse in terms of eating options, though there is a small shopping center with a few different options (including Jimmy Johns!) within walking distance.

If I had to pick one or two areas of concern one would be the walls in the rooms seemed a bit thin. If you happen to have a loud neighbor this might be a concern, though during my stay everyone behaved themselves. Also, the tv in the room has a limited selection of mostly non-HD channels, and the pool is very, very small. The Wi-fi, while very fast and good, is $10 a day, which really is kind of lame in this day and age.

Overall, if you are a business looking at DFW area hotels to hold your meeting, you really can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I attended a seminar there. The meeting room was spacious and well-maintained. Room was clean and comfortable as always. There was a loud christmas party in the lobby the night prior. Had a burger at the bar which was delicious. It's a little drive from DFW, but there's a free shuttle. Remember that there's also a North Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way to see the Dallas Cowboys play. Awesome hotel. Front desk let me check in early and I even got a late check out because my ride was coming in the afternoon. They said no problem. Free shuttle to and from airport. Perfect. Only drawback is that there are no shops or restaurants close. There is a Subway across the street.

Room Tip: You can request a room on a higher floor and a king size bed when you book your room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Great hotel with great access to the airport and freeways. Not close to local dining without driving, unless you eat in the hotel. Service in the hotel restaurant at night could have been better. With 3 visits to the bar/restaurant area for a late evening snack, the staff usually appears tired and not interested in customer service. They take care of you, but not enthusiastically. Other than that, great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I am very pleased with this hotel and my experience here. The lobby fountain is a nice touch and the seating area is modern and comfortable. Upon arrival I was a bit disappointed to find myself in a first floor room around the corner from the elevator and located quite near an exit door. I expected it to be noisy from all the traffic, but I was completely wrong. This room is located across from a conference room so there was hardly any noise at all because there are only rooms on one side of this floor. This first floor room is around the corner from the lobby and very near the pool, workout area, atrium and bar area. It was a major score.

After entering my suite I found a bottle of wine and a cheese and fruit tray(covered) waiting for me. So far so good I think. My suite had two bathrooms, two flat screen tvs, a marble bar, mini fridge and a huge jacuzzi tub. There were two large bookcases with books actually worth reading (John Grisham, Fern Michaels, few classics). The bookshelves were filled with trinkets in between the books. The kicker is they are glued down, seriously like Gorilla Glued down. I went to pick one up and discovered this and laughed. Apparently people thought they were so nice they were taking them.The view from the bedroom and living room is of a few trees in a courtyard type area, vending machines outside the pool and parking lot. Not the best view, but hey I could've been looking at just a parking lot. No biggie.

The workout room is a bit small with only two bikes, several treadmills and free weights, but no strength machines. The indooor pool, the only pool here, is a nice size and is enclosed in glass and tile. The glass window in the workout room looks out at the pool.The bar and the steakhouse here have very good food. The bartenders are attentive not intrusive, but will engage you in conversation if you so desire. Also gave wonderful recommendations of where to eat off site. The only cons to this place are location. It's convenient to the airport and the freeway and thats it except for two gas stations, a subway and a little strip mall not worth visiting. They do have a towncar service which is only slightly more expensive than a cab that they prefer so if you ask for a cab you'll be picked up in a Lincoln. If you want a cab specify that if $ is an issue. The customer service here is excellent. After boarding the airport shuttle I realized that I left a bag in my room. The driver called on his radio, had my room checked right then and had the bag mailed off to me the same day since I had such an early flight and could not return to the hotel or wait for the next shuttle driver to bring it. In DFW I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor rooms on the wing with the conference rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business