All reviewsdfw airportm clubamerican airlinesconcierge loungeearly flightdallas cowboysshuttle servicefree shuttlebreakfast buffetindoor poolconference roombusiness meetingbed and pillowsfront desk staffup to dateawesome hotelnice size
Reviewed 25 February 2013

we were there friday - sunday and there were several large parties and convention/meetings going on while we were there. we kept running into groups but it didn't slow service down and our floor was still quiet. the lobby restaurant had a good buffett breakfast which was a quick way to grab something to eat before our appointments. the room was clean and quiet. the bed and pillows were a little hard but otherwise a good place.

the hotel is right next to the airport and also located in an office park, so there's not much within walking distance for restaurants or entertainment. you really need a car here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I visited this hotel for a two day convention and was really impressed.
All of my colleagues were very pleased with their accommodation and the lobby has the most beautiful carpet I have seen in a very long time.
The buffet was excellent with multiple healthy choices and a delicious tiramisu that made me forget about my diet with great pleasure.
Very friendly staff that know the meaning of hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I checked in for a week-long business meeting with pretty low expectations but, as usual, Marriott proved again that they really have hotel management down to a science. I have very little negative to say about my stay, which was a surprise as I'm typically pretty critical. We were treated to breakfast and lunch with our daily meetings, all of which was excellent and full of variety. Not only do they give you breakfast, but an hour or so later they cart in snacks for 2nd breakfast, and after lunch you get cookies and candy for 2nd lunch. Suffice to say I think I packed on at least 5 lbs during this trip. Of course, this may this depend on the level of service your company selects.

Likewise excellent was the room, which was spacious with an super bed. The exercise room is also well equipped. I liked the nice touch of free headphones in case you forget yours. Service was top notch, as you might expect. At one point our group wanted to call a cab to take us to a restaurant. After waiting a minute or two the concierge made a call and the hotel bus took the group instead. Indeed, the surrounding area is kind of sparse in terms of eating options, though there is a small shopping center with a few different options (including Jimmy Johns!) within walking distance.

If I had to pick one or two areas of concern one would be the walls in the rooms seemed a bit thin. If you happen to have a loud neighbor this might be a concern, though during my stay everyone behaved themselves. Also, the tv in the room has a limited selection of mostly non-HD channels, and the pool is very, very small. The Wi-fi, while very fast and good, is $10 a day, which really is kind of lame in this day and age.

Overall, if you are a business looking at DFW area hotels to hold your meeting, you really can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I attended a seminar there. The meeting room was spacious and well-maintained. Room was clean and comfortable as always. There was a loud christmas party in the lobby the night prior. Had a burger at the bar which was delicious. It's a little drive from DFW, but there's a free shuttle. Remember that there's also a North Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way to see the Dallas Cowboys play. Awesome hotel. Front desk let me check in early and I even got a late check out because my ride was coming in the afternoon. They said no problem. Free shuttle to and from airport. Perfect. Only drawback is that there are no shops or restaurants close. There is a Subway across the street.

Room Tip: You can request a room on a higher floor and a king size bed when you book your room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business