I stayed at this airport on 7/9/13 during a missed flight connection at DFW. My flight experience with American Airlines that day had been a hellish nightmare. After an hour mechanical delay, I was seated in the back row of a non-airconditioned airplane, was vomited on by a toddler, then missed my only 55 minute connection that was on the complete other side of DFW airport. Was then advised by gate agents to recall my bag in the airport and told it could take hours to get back; sat at the baggage carousel for 4 hours only to find out my bag had made the connection I had missed. No flights were available to my home destination until the next day which would cause me to miss a business flight the next day, and American Airlines refused to reroute me to my business destination although they had many open seats on a flight there. After a long, exhausting, frustrating day, and with no luggage, only the clothes I was wearing minus the socks I lost on the plane when I got puked on, and no idea how I was going to get my luggage to my business destination where I was now headed the next day on a flight I purchased separately, I took the shuttle late in the evening to the DFW Airport Marriott South. Check-in staff were warm, friendly, and attentive. When I asked if the restaurant or bar were open or if room service were available, they informed me that unfortunately the kitchen was already closed for the evening. I told them about my long stressful travel day and said I had been hoping something might be available at the hotel, especially a beer. The desk clerk expressed sympathy for my experience (something no one from American Airlines ever did that day!) and said she would see what she could do. Minutes later when I was up in my room, she called and asked if Bud Light would be ok, and of course I said yes! Two Bud Lights and a bottle of water were delivered to my room shortly after, and I was told it was on the house and that they hope it helped after my bad travel day. I was touched by the kindness and empathy, and so impressed at how the staff had gone well above and beyond in terms of taking care of the customer.
In addition to the exceptional customer service, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean, and I loved the aroma therapy shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I was as comfortable and relaxed as possible given the circumstances, slept well, and was able to muster the strength to continue dealing with American Airlines the next day. The story ended well as I made it to my business destination on a different airline, and so did my bag eventually after travelling through several more cities with American Airlines. While I hope never to be stranded at DFW again and it probably won't happen since I won't fly American Airlines again, I would absolutely want to stay at this hotel again, and it was among the best customer service I've ever received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dallas Fort Worth Airport Marriott South hotel offers upscale accommodations perfect for the business and leisure traveler, but it is our location 3 miles south of the airport that you'll really appreciate. We are just a short complimentary shuttle ride from DFW Airport and the Trinity Railway Express Centreport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your DFW Airport Marriott South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dfw Airport Marriott South Hotel Fort Worth
- Marriott Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Marriott
- DFW Airport Marriott South Fort Worth, Texas