“EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE!! THANK YOU!!”

DFW Airport Marriott South
Ranked #22 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at this airport on 7/9/13 during a missed flight connection at DFW. My flight experience with American Airlines that day had been a hellish nightmare. After an hour mechanical delay, I was seated in the back row of a non-airconditioned airplane, was vomited on by a toddler, then missed my only 55 minute connection that was on the complete other side of DFW airport. Was then advised by gate agents to recall my bag in the airport and told it could take hours to get back; sat at the baggage carousel for 4 hours only to find out my bag had made the connection I had missed. No flights were available to my home destination until the next day which would cause me to miss a business flight the next day, and American Airlines refused to reroute me to my business destination although they had many open seats on a flight there. After a long, exhausting, frustrating day, and with no luggage, only the clothes I was wearing minus the socks I lost on the plane when I got puked on, and no idea how I was going to get my luggage to my business destination where I was now headed the next day on a flight I purchased separately, I took the shuttle late in the evening to the DFW Airport Marriott South. Check-in staff were warm, friendly, and attentive. When I asked if the restaurant or bar were open or if room service were available, they informed me that unfortunately the kitchen was already closed for the evening. I told them about my long stressful travel day and said I had been hoping something might be available at the hotel, especially a beer. The desk clerk expressed sympathy for my experience (something no one from American Airlines ever did that day!) and said she would see what she could do. Minutes later when I was up in my room, she called and asked if Bud Light would be ok, and of course I said yes! Two Bud Lights and a bottle of water were delivered to my room shortly after, and I was told it was on the house and that they hope it helped after my bad travel day. I was touched by the kindness and empathy, and so impressed at how the staff had gone well above and beyond in terms of taking care of the customer.

In addition to the exceptional customer service, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean, and I loved the aroma therapy shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I was as comfortable and relaxed as possible given the circumstances, slept well, and was able to muster the strength to continue dealing with American Airlines the next day. The story ended well as I made it to my business destination on a different airline, and so did my bag eventually after travelling through several more cities with American Airlines. While I hope never to be stranded at DFW again and it probably won't happen since I won't fly American Airlines again, I would absolutely want to stay at this hotel again, and it was among the best customer service I've ever received.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Pros: Quiet - could not hear any other guests, but seemed pretty empty during our stay, so not sure if the hotel is as quiet when there are more guests. Coffee bar serving Starbucks. Comfy beds and pillows. Nice carpets. Good breakfast buffet.

Cons: Pretty isolated - nothing within walking distance (this is a business oriented hotel). Indoor only pool - this may not be a "con" for all, but I am not a fan of indoor pools in the Texas summer. None of the vending machines worked for water (either out or would not take our dollar bills). Our room key did not work when we returned on our second night, had to get a new one. Our toilet backed up twice - would have requested another room, but we were checking out anyhow. The desk in the room was broken and there was a hair in our ice bucket and an unwrapped glass (these are the types of little details you expect not to see in a higher priced category hotel). The staff we did encounter were friendly enough, but it seemed very isolated. We had to track down someone to help us at the coffee bar both mornings.

If you are in town for business and want peace and quiet- this is a great location and will do the job. Not much else going on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amy s
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business and found the business amenities to be excellent. There were multiple large tables and chairs in the foyer for breakout groups, practicing or group presentation. The green foliage provided privacy and good ambiance. The meeting rooms were well prepared and the suites were tastefully appointed. The restaurant onsite makes dining easy. The staff was helpful and provided the transportation to the nearby presentation site as promised with an excellent attitude. I did not like that the shuttle was not 24 hrs. If your flight is before 7AM, chances are you need a cab if you've not got a rental. The shuttle starts at 5AM, and I had problems logging on to the WIFI. Apparently it was my device as the others in my group connected with no trouble. I consider four main areas in selecting a hotel: airport shuttle, free WIFI, breakfast and a courteous staff. Close proximity to shopping earns extra credits. Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2013

One of the best airport hotels, as a platinum member i was upgraded to a nice suite. Rooms are clean, and the restaurant on premises offers a great breakfast .
Nice facilities too and a friendly staff .

Room Tip: great airport hotel, nice breakfast buffet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This property is obviously well cared-for and rooms are top flight.

Surprisingly affordable, at least at our group rate.

Communications with staff were frequently problematic. Many did not have English as their first language, so, consequently, things got missed.

Parking free and very conveniently located.

EXCELLENT work out facility. But the indoor pool area smelled VERY chloriney.

Nice restayrants on the property.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Have tried on three occasions with in the last week and the phone just rings and rings. I let it ring to judge how long it will take to answer as I am in the travel industry and need to know if the service is acceptable. The phone just rings perhaps 20 times or more then go to busy signal like they have answered it and hung up because they are busy or it timed out. I call again and again and finally just give up only to call back later and get the same treatment. Not just one day but three separate days. I feel this should be unacceptable service for a MARRIOTT property. Will question booking a client here in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 410KarenW
Reviewed 3 April 2013

No frills in this one but it has some redeeming features
- excellent gym
- good bar
- friendly staff
- dated rooms but always clean

I stay here for most visits to Dallas and it never varies and for the price $158 a night..I think that's value.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!