“Excellent place for meetings/business activities”

DFW Airport Marriott South
Ranked #20 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
New Britain, Connecticut
“Excellent place for meetings/business activities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel seemed to specialize in accommodating the needs of business travelers. Being there for a week long business meeting I found the hotel quite comfortable. Staff were extremely polite and pleasant. Riding the elevator one afternoon I was impressed by one of the employees saying, "oh you are here with X group- thank you for the work you do -it is so important." Room was clean, bed comfortable, linen soft and lovely. Common areas bright and lively. What was quite impressive to me was the food at our meetings. We were in meetings from 730am - 6pm. Breakfast was always hot; eggs well cooked, bacon crisp and other choices of foods plentiful. In the middle of our meetings quite without our knowing it the breakfast buffet was removed and incredible mid-morning snacks appeared. Lunch was a buffet of several entree choices, salads scrumptious desserts and low and behold there were fabulous afternoon snacks as well. All of the food appeared in quiet unobtrusive ways - always hot delicious and well presented. Hotel had a decent gym and pool. I was comfortable spending a week here- felt welcomed and accommodated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

There is nothing very special about this hotel. The lobby, restaurant, room, staff, and amenities are quite average. It works for location for my business trips but doesn't offer anything special. It's clean, quiet, has cable television and they have a very nice shuttle. If you are looking for just a good night's sleep with an airport shuttle, this is a great hotel. I travel here 2-3 times per month.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've slept in have been pretty much the same so far.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Pittsboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Note: please read my profile for my biases.

Okay, I didn't have a great experience here at all, but a big contributing factor was that DFW was closed due to weather, so we had to land in Waco and take a two hour bus ride to Dallas.

Marriott is my go-to brand, and since I've watched "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" more times that I can count, I immediately booked a room here upon landing, figuring we wouldn't get to San Francisco that night (and I was right).

As a long time Marriott fan, I have high expectations for any hotel with those welcoming red letters on the side. We had no issues with getting to the hotel on the free shuttle, but I was informed that the only room they had was a handicapped accessible room on the "pool" or basement floor.

That usually doesn't bother me, but the two groups of people who checked in in front of me were on airline vouchers and they got standard rooms.

Now the last hotel I stayed in was the San Jose Marriott under very similar circumstances, and I got a junior suite. I wasn't expecting that but when I choose to pay nearly $60/hour to stay in a particular hotel I was hoping to be treated better than people who were there just because the airline sent them.

But I've stayed in accessible rooms before and it's not a huge deal. However, the fixture that holds the shower head at height was broken, and as a tall person it was very frustrating to have to squat to bathe.

I was also spoiled by the fact that the lounge in San Jose was accessible 24 hours a day. It had limited staffed hours, but you could always go by and get a soda or water and perhaps some candy or other light snack. This lounge was closed.

But the main reason this hotel gets a two star review was what happened in the morning. We asked on check-in about the airport shuttle availability, and we were told it ran 24 hours and all we had to do was come to the front desk. What we weren't told was that it ran every 30 minutes, so when we arrived at 5:34 we were told the van had left and we'd have to wait until 6:00. That wouldn't do, so we had them call us a cab.

As we were getting into the cab a few minutes later we see the van pull away from the hotel. So there was another $25 out of my pocket.

So, please understand that I was having a bad and stressful trip and that greatly colored my experience here, but also understand that I travel a lot and Marriott has always felt a little like coming home to me, and my expectations were far from being met.

Next time I'll book at the Grand Hyatt at the airport itself. It's not a Marriott but it is cheaper and has a better location. If that isn't available I'll look at other Marriott properties before I stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Place is relatively new. What everyone says about the carpeting is true, clean. well kept in the halls, room, common areas. Had an issue with the a/c not cooling in the room but it was fixed the next morning. Bfast is decent, you get an omelet if you choose when ordering the buffet. The buffet could have been fresher, hotter. Bacon, hash browns looked overlooked. Wool definitely stay here again. Bedding is soft, prefer a firmer mattress.other than that standard room. Staff was really nice.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
cleveland ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I'm a big marriott fan and there is nothing wrong with this hotel. Its clean, has good service, is a good location if you want to be near the airport and was a good value. But its not my style....the furnishings are 1980's style and old fashioned. For a one night business stay it was fine and if all you want a clean room and reliable service it wont disappoint.

• Stayed July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at this airport on 7/9/13 during a missed flight connection at DFW. My flight experience with American Airlines that day had been a hellish nightmare. After an hour mechanical delay, I was seated in the back row of a non-airconditioned airplane, was vomited on by a toddler, then missed my only 55 minute connection that was on the complete other side of DFW airport. Was then advised by gate agents to recall my bag in the airport and told it could take hours to get back; sat at the baggage carousel for 4 hours only to find out my bag had made the connection I had missed. No flights were available to my home destination until the next day which would cause me to miss a business flight the next day, and American Airlines refused to reroute me to my business destination although they had many open seats on a flight there. After a long, exhausting, frustrating day, and with no luggage, only the clothes I was wearing minus the socks I lost on the plane when I got puked on, and no idea how I was going to get my luggage to my business destination where I was now headed the next day on a flight I purchased separately, I took the shuttle late in the evening to the DFW Airport Marriott South. Check-in staff were warm, friendly, and attentive. When I asked if the restaurant or bar were open or if room service were available, they informed me that unfortunately the kitchen was already closed for the evening. I told them about my long stressful travel day and said I had been hoping something might be available at the hotel, especially a beer. The desk clerk expressed sympathy for my experience (something no one from American Airlines ever did that day!) and said she would see what she could do. Minutes later when I was up in my room, she called and asked if Bud Light would be ok, and of course I said yes! Two Bud Lights and a bottle of water were delivered to my room shortly after, and I was told it was on the house and that they hope it helped after my bad travel day. I was touched by the kindness and empathy, and so impressed at how the staff had gone well above and beyond in terms of taking care of the customer.

In addition to the exceptional customer service, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean, and I loved the aroma therapy shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I was as comfortable and relaxed as possible given the circumstances, slept well, and was able to muster the strength to continue dealing with American Airlines the next day. The story ended well as I made it to my business destination on a different airline, and so did my bag eventually after travelling through several more cities with American Airlines. While I hope never to be stranded at DFW again and it probably won't happen since I won't fly American Airlines again, I would absolutely want to stay at this hotel again, and it was among the best customer service I've ever received.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Round Rock, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Pros: Quiet - could not hear any other guests, but seemed pretty empty during our stay, so not sure if the hotel is as quiet when there are more guests. Coffee bar serving Starbucks. Comfy beds and pillows. Nice carpets. Good breakfast buffet.

Cons: Pretty isolated - nothing within walking distance (this is a business oriented hotel). Indoor only pool - this may not be a "con" for all, but I am not a fan of indoor pools in the Texas summer. None of the vending machines worked for water (either out or would not take our dollar bills). Our room key did not work when we returned on our second night, had to get a new one. Our toilet backed up twice - would have requested another room, but we were checking out anyhow. The desk in the room was broken and there was a hair in our ice bucket and an unwrapped glass (these are the types of little details you expect not to see in a higher priced category hotel). The staff we did encounter were friendly enough, but it seemed very isolated. We had to track down someone to help us at the coffee bar both mornings.

If you are in town for business and want peace and quiet- this is a great location and will do the job. Not much else going on.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!