“Nice stay”

Ranked #21 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recently stayed here for business and was happy with the overall experience. The room was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly, especially the staff in the concierge room. Would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
mdhokenson Thank you so much for the great words about your stay. We were glad to hear the words about the hotel and most certainly about the service. We hope that you can stay with us again soon and look forward to seeing you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We only stayed one night in order to catch an early flight at DFW. The service was very good and the room was clean and adequate. Can't say much about the rest of the ammenities since we arrived at 10pm and left at 6 am. Selling point was that they allow guests to leave their cars parked at the hotel (for free) and take a Marriott shuttle to the airport (and a shuttle back to hotel upon returning to DFW). We used Marriott reward points to book the hotel, otherwise it might have been a bit pricey for our purposes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This will be a very brief review as there is nothing to set this property apart except the location, which is terrible. There is quite literally no place to eat for miles around except Wendy's across the street. I heard this same comment from two colleagues who were also staying there. The hotel dining room, however, is quite good.

Next time I'm going to the DFW North where I have stayed before.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank recumbentrider
New Britain, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel seemed to specialize in accommodating the needs of business travelers. Being there for a week long business meeting I found the hotel quite comfortable. Staff were extremely polite and pleasant. Riding the elevator one afternoon I was impressed by one of the employees saying, "oh you are here with X group- thank you for the work you do -it is so important." Room was clean, bed comfortable, linen soft and lovely. Common areas bright and lively. What was quite impressive to me was the food at our meetings. We were in meetings from 730am - 6pm. Breakfast was always hot; eggs well cooked, bacon crisp and other choices of foods plentiful. In the middle of our meetings quite without our knowing it the breakfast buffet was removed and incredible mid-morning snacks appeared. Lunch was a buffet of several entree choices, salads scrumptious desserts and low and behold there were fabulous afternoon snacks as well. All of the food appeared in quiet unobtrusive ways - always hot delicious and well presented. Hotel had a decent gym and pool. I was comfortable spending a week here- felt welcomed and accommodated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 3 September 2013

There is nothing very special about this hotel. The lobby, restaurant, room, staff, and amenities are quite average. It works for location for my business trips but doesn't offer anything special. It's clean, quiet, has cable television and they have a very nice shuttle. If you are looking for just a good night's sleep with an airport shuttle, this is a great hotel. I travel here 2-3 times per month.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've slept in have been pretty much the same so far.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Note: please read my profile for my biases.

Okay, I didn't have a great experience here at all, but a big contributing factor was that DFW was closed due to weather, so we had to land in Waco and take a two hour bus ride to Dallas.

Marriott is my go-to brand, and since I've watched "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" more times that I can count, I immediately booked a room here upon landing, figuring we wouldn't get to San Francisco that night (and I was right).

As a long time Marriott fan, I have high expectations for any hotel with those welcoming red letters on the side. We had no issues with getting to the hotel on the free shuttle, but I was informed that the only room they had was a handicapped accessible room on the "pool" or basement floor.

That usually doesn't bother me, but the two groups of people who checked in in front of me were on airline vouchers and they got standard rooms.

Now the last hotel I stayed in was the San Jose Marriott under very similar circumstances, and I got a junior suite. I wasn't expecting that but when I choose to pay nearly $60/hour to stay in a particular hotel I was hoping to be treated better than people who were there just because the airline sent them.

But I've stayed in accessible rooms before and it's not a huge deal. However, the fixture that holds the shower head at height was broken, and as a tall person it was very frustrating to have to squat to bathe.

I was also spoiled by the fact that the lounge in San Jose was accessible 24 hours a day. It had limited staffed hours, but you could always go by and get a soda or water and perhaps some candy or other light snack. This lounge was closed.

But the main reason this hotel gets a two star review was what happened in the morning. We asked on check-in about the airport shuttle availability, and we were told it ran 24 hours and all we had to do was come to the front desk. What we weren't told was that it ran every 30 minutes, so when we arrived at 5:34 we were told the van had left and we'd have to wait until 6:00. That wouldn't do, so we had them call us a cab.

As we were getting into the cab a few minutes later we see the van pull away from the hotel. So there was another $25 out of my pocket.

So, please understand that I was having a bad and stressful trip and that greatly colored my experience here, but also understand that I travel a lot and Marriott has always felt a little like coming home to me, and my expectations were far from being met.

Next time I'll book at the Grand Hyatt at the airport itself. It's not a Marriott but it is cheaper and has a better location. If that isn't available I'll look at other Marriott properties before I stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Place is relatively new. What everyone says about the carpeting is true, clean. well kept in the halls, room, common areas. Had an issue with the a/c not cooling in the room but it was fixed the next morning. Bfast is decent, you get an omelet if you choose when ordering the buffet. The buffet could have been fresher, hotter. Bacon, hash browns looked overlooked. Wool definitely stay here again. Bedding is soft, prefer a firmer mattress.other than that standard room. Staff was really nice.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!