“One of the best Marriott's stays in many years!”

DFW Airport Marriott South
Ranked #21 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I could easily give this hotel 5 of 5 in all areas. I am very picky and do not give 4 or 5 often. This place was very nice. The room 5 of 5 - clean, bed was comfortable, extra towels, cleaned great during my 3 night visit. The food 4 or 5. I had breakfast 3 days, and dinner once. Service was 5 of 5, from Maria, the morning server, to many of the managers i met. Probably the best service in years. The Hertz return was a huge plus. I got to leave my car there and get a ride directly to the airport. I thought the location was fine. It is 5 minutes from restaurants and 15 minutes from Dallas.
I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a high room. I had a room right near the elevator and never heard it or people at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank spaboy12345
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you so much for the great feedback about your stay. We are so happy to hear from you the great things about staying at the hotel. We certainly are glad to hear everything especially about the staff service. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel as part of a conference I was attending. The hotel itself was acceptable, but the location was a little isolated from restaurants, shopping, etc.

Front desk staff was extremely polite & helpful.

Due to the location of the hotel, there was nothing except fast food in the area for breakfast, so I decided to eat at the hotel restaurant instead of fighting the rush hour traffic.

I was greeted at the front & seated by a very polite young lady. A nice gentleman came & offered me coffee & gave me a rundown of what was on the buffet. He then walked away & didn't come back. For the sake of time I opted for the breakfast buffet, which included fruit, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast. Pancakes & omelets could be ordered from the kitchen as well, if you were fortunate enough to catch a staff member passing by. It was rather pricey for breakfast; but the food was good. After I finished eating, I, along with the table next to me waited at least 20 minutes to find someone to bring us our checks, which the staff didn't get in a hurry to provide.

The table next to me was comped for their meals since they never got their juice. I later learned the table two down from me, who were participants in the conference I was at, never received their food at all. They had ordered a bowl of cereal & a pancake. They ended up having to walk out to make it to the meeting on time.

Very sad that the negative experience at the restaurant left a bad impression of the entire hotel to me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Aprilstrick Thank you very much for staying with us recently and most importantly for the kind words regarding the hotel location as well as the staff service you had received through the majority of your stay. I do apologize about your experience while in the RCG and as a team we will use this experience as a training tool in order to make service adjustments for the future. I absolutely appreciate your information and hope to see you soon in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Teh room was very nice, everything super-clean and tidy. The meeting rooms were decent, and the staff were extremely helpful and accomodating during our business meetings/conference. Has a small Starbucks in the lobby, but if you want a 'full' Starbucks there is one only about .5 - to-1 mile away. Along with lots of other food options int he same shopping center - strip-mall style, not sure what shoppign is there, but it's a very nice area.

Parkign was easy, lots of options close the the elevator. Very close to the airport!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hodels

WOW hodels Thank you so much for the great review and response. I was so happy to hear you enjoyed the area and really hlope to get the pleasure of having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I attended a work conference this hotel. The conference space/rooms were accommodating and the food throughout the day was excellent. The workout room was on the small side, but the equipment was in good condition. I spent some time in the bar area in the evenings and the staff, atmosphere was very good. The shuttle the hotel runs to/from the airport was quick and timely.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RonaldB494

Ronald B. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and the team that is here. We are glad you had a great stay and appreciate the feedback about the hotel structure and most importantly the service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

a group of us stayed from 10/9 until 10/15,we all came 4 the football game! Being a Redskin fan made this a special trip.our rm wasn't ready but it was early morning, we was able to rent us a car get some very good direction from the bellman forgot his name............and off we went shopping lunch & all when we returned our rooms was nice & clean we didnt have hskp service but the rm attendant made sure we had all we needed every morning be4 we left for the day.I have no complaints from the bar to the pool & the rm.......very nice relaxing stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

yvonne I we were so glad to see you had a wonderful stay for the Redskins and Cowboys game and were able to take advantage of some of the DFW area. We appreciate what you have said aobu the hotel and hope you can make it back here for next years game.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed for the Dallas/ Denver football game, upon checking in at 3pm we were told there were no rooms and they'd call us in 20 minutes when one was ready... Well over an hour later we went up to the front desk to ask if they had our correct number and suddenly there was a room ready and yes they had the correct number. We noticed everyone who came to check in during our wait in the lobby were being told the same exact story and luggage was completely piled up by the front door! How can a major hotel not have any rooms by 430-5 pm when check in is 3 pm?? Service was hit or miss with friendliness but mostly miss. The restaurant was horrible, and the shuttle back to the airport was driven by the rudest older man. I just expected better of a Marriott especially visiting from another state and spending so much money on the price of the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Jezebel NM Thank you for staying with us for the Denver/Dallas game and thank you for the information about your stay. We strive for great service and a wonderful experience and it looks like we failed in many areas. I hope you will give us the opportunity again in the future to show you that we are a great hotel with many wonderful features. Thank you again

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recently stayed here for business and was happy with the overall experience. The room was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly, especially the staff in the concierge room. Would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

mdhokenson Thank you so much for the great words about your stay. We were glad to hear the words about the hotel and most certainly about the service. We hope that you can stay with us again soon and look forward to seeing you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!