“Nice hotel, fatal flaws in service”

DFW Airport Marriott South
Ranked #22 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
“Nice hotel, fatal flaws in service”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I've typically had good experiences at Marriott, this was an exception! Room nice and clean. Two mornings in a row they forgot my wake up call. They offered transportation to my nearby meeting. I was in the lobby on time but the driver said he was taking a different route today so the next bus would get me in a few minutes. 15 minutes later I asked the manager and he promised to get me to my meeting on time. I was still waiting in the lobby 15 minutes after my meeting started. That night they never showed to take me to the airport. They should stop promising or start delivering. They also had offered a rate inclusive of breakfast which they denied at check in. The manager did fix this part, and the breakfast was good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Good afternoon Bob G!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I was dissapointed to hear about your stay and some of the complications that you had. We take service here very serious and this certainly was not what you should have recieved. We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Kristofer Carlson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our recent trip to Fort Worth was made nicer by stay at this hotel. The room was spotless; this is due to excellent housekeepers, Vanessa & Maria. Their work ethic was exceptional. They anticipated our needs & were trustworthy. Guest laundry is free & detergent provided… wonderful for business travelers like us. We are loyal Marriott clients & placed on concierge floor. Nicholas put us in a quiet room away from elevators. The lounge staff were pleasant, especially Joni. The food is generous & good, especially the homemade cookies. The pool was heated, large, & delightful! It is not the fanciest nor most up to date Marriott out there; however, it is one of our favorites because the staff actually care about us & our comfort. Clean & comfortable with caring staff… that's what this road warrior wants & needs!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience and I will be sure to share your feedback with all of the team here! We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Kristofer Carlson
Austin
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Overall I was disappointed in this hotel, though I cannot say that it was "bad" per se. It just didn't seem to live up to Marriott standards. I agree with a previous review that stated that perhaps this was an older hotel that was converted to a Marriott at some point. That would make sense because there were several oddities that struck me as being subpar for a Marriott:

1) There was a charge for Wi-fi in the hotel. $10/night. Given the expense of the rooms, this seemed like gouging.
2) No refrigerator in the room. I called an inquired about this and to their credit, they had a small refrigerator brought up to the room. And it worked, so in the end I can't fault them too much, though again, it just seemed odd.
3) No extractor/ventilation fan in the bathroom, therefore the mirror fogged up everytime you took a shower. I haven't been in a bathroom in I don't know how long that didn't have a vent fan, even in a Motel 6.
4) There was an iron, but no ironing board. What???
5) No safe in the room.
6) The hotel restaurant had odd operating hours, perhaps due to the high prices. Also possibly because of a lower amount of general foot traffic. I also attended the weekend conference and had lunch there. Only a couple of waitstaff and they were running around like crazy trying to get to everyone. Seems like they'd staff it better than that.

On the plus side, my other half enjoyed the swimming pool and the conference room was ok. The business center was also pretty good, though I would have preferred to use my laptop and wi-fi, but there was no way I was going to pay the additional charge.

Therefore I have to give this hotel an average rating. I hope they make some changes in the future...change is needed here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Good afternoon Jerry!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! It looks like while with us you enjoyed the service received however was not too thrilled about the layout or amenities.

I want you to know that we take situations like these very serious and will address these with our team! Some of the things you brought up seem a bit odd as we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi on the weekends; have ironing boards in all of our bed rooms directly below the iron; have the restaurant open from 6:30AM - 11:00PM straight; and have been a Marriott since it was built in 1999.

I hope this clears up some of the concerns and we hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Leander, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pretty classy place with extremely friendly staff. Attended a two day seminar and was impressed with the room setup and the lobby environment. Found the lounge and restaurant very empty probably due to the higher prices of entrees listed on their menu. Adult beverages were also priced at what could be considered exorbitant. The staff were very friendly and attempted to make the atmosphere a bit warmer in such an empty space. The room was more than adequate and sheets and pillows made for a very restful sleep. Bath amenities were typical of Marriott standards. Shower pressure very good. Exterior noise was non existent.

Good afternoon!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience and I will be sure to share your feedback with all of the team here! We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel looks like there was an old hotel and then later they built a new lobby and restaurant area. I'm not sure if that's really what happened but they lobby area is nice. Service by hotel employees was more like what i experience in top luxury hotels. The person who checked me in walked me to the elevator and showed me the pool and fitness center. Also the hotel didn't have the chlorine smell that you often get in a hotel with an indoor pool. The room was pretty standard and the bathroom was small. I do like the slide out desk that gives you more table top space if you are going to use it. Buffet breakfast was pretty good too. Hotel offer shuttle to/from the airport and to other locations near the hotel. I don't understand why every hotel has the same sucky pillows. Am i the only person who likes foam pillows? Every hotel (including this one) has a pile of the same feather pillows that are fluffy for the first 30 seconds and then are just a heavy lump. Maybe I'm just in the minority but I like my latex pillow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Good afternoon!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed the lobby and restaurant area as we did recently renovate that area. We are also in the process of starting a renovation in our rooms which will start at the beginning of next year. We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here this past week and it was a nice hotel. On Par with Marriott Properties in terms of rooms and amenities. The gym is nice for a hotel and the room service dinner was good! Not sure if there is a shuttle service from DFW as I hurried to grab a taxi since I battled flight delays and was in no mood to explore shuttles.

Nice spot, I would certainly return if I was in town again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Tyrone, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Free parking, quick check in (I used mobile check in). Staff is friendly. Standard room and bathroom. Consignor room had a nice variety and well presented. Work out room is well equipped. They have a small coffee stand in lobby area. I would recommend this place and stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!