“Another great stay! ”

Ranked #20 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fairhope, Alabama
“Another great stay! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I haves stayed at this Marriott a few times...great location...restaurants within walking distance...staff awesome. Business clientele so hotel is quiet...10 minutes to Six Flags and AT&T stadium... Free use of a full size washer dryer on 2nd floor...best rooms 5th floor even side ...some noise on odd side due to elevator mechanism but minor ...overall great stay!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Good afternoon!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience and I will be sure to share your feedback with all of the team here! We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Kristofer Carlson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Our stay at this Marriott by far exceeded every expectation and I stay at a lot of Marriott properties. I am a travel coordinator for non-profit organizations and if there is a Marriott in the area in which we are hosting our meetings you had better believe it will be there. Why go anywhere else when they have proven themselves over and over and over again? From the minute I was greeted in the lobby until my departure 4 days later it was an amazing experience. Although it was a little after midnight when we arrived Mike greeted me at the door and helped get my husband who is in a wheelchair and all of our things out of the car. He made sure the car was locked and accompanied us up to our suite. He was just as cheerful that late at night as if he had just started his shift and that was greatly appreciated. Throughout our stay I observed the staff. I watched how upon check-in the front desk staff would step from behind the counter and walk the hotel guest to the hallway and give them directions as to how to access the elevators/their rooms if it was their first time staying there. I watched how meticulous the staff was in making sure the public areas were always neat and tidy (Fernando doesn't speak much but he was attentive to every detail while cleaning the mirrors, dusting the chair railing, picking up paper and even while vacuuming if one was on a cell phone he would stop until they were done with their conversation.) As always, the beds were extremely comfortable. The rooms were well maintained and nicely appointed. The one day that I was blessed to sleep in the cleaning staff (and I am so sorry I don't remember her name) left a nice note saying she had come by at least 3 times but the "Privacy" sign was still on the door, but if I needed anything to please call housekeeping. I called, she was there with a smile on her face and extremely polite. I did not notice that there was much noise although the hotel is located near a major highway. The location is somewhat deceiving based on how you make your arrival because there are apartments, other hotels and what looks to be an industrial area. But if you go towards the highway there are plenty of eateries (fast food and full service), places to shop, Fed-ex, gas stations and much more. The parking lot has plenty of parking and is well lit. I noticed security personnel which always gives an added sense of being safe. Oh yes, the meeting was on a Friday night and all day Saturday. May I just say the banquet staff, Adriana and everyone else who served us during our stay, were wonderful, attentive, kind, professional in every aspect and may I also just say that the menu selections from start to finish were not only tasty but they were presented beautifully. The portions were just right and the chef's choices were extremely healthy. Both the meeting room and the room where our meals were served were set up perfectly. I could go on and on and on about my experience at this Marriott this past weekend, but I've already written a mini-book. So I will simply close with: if you are looking for a weekend get-away, if you are traveling to the DFW area on business, if you are getting married, if you need a place to hold a conference, or a family reunion, if you simply want to have a great breakfast buffet, even if you have business in Dallas the shuttle will take you to the TRE; hopefully Mike or Jerry will be the drivers...(personality plus), and finally if you want to be treated by a staff who are happy to serve, then the Marriott DFW South is the place for you. Ask for Amy H. in the Sales Department she will take good care of you. When checking in please tell Doug or Nicholas or Sara that I said hello and thank you. By the way it was Sara who took the time to give me a tour of the conference center on a SUNDAY and gave my information to Amy who immediately called bright and early the very next day! I asked to see Sara before departing following our meeting and that's why I cried leaving the parking lot because I felt truly blessed for having such a wonderful experience. We will be back!

Green Features: Loved the fact that you are given the option of linens being switched out every 3 days during your stay unless requested otherwise and noticed there were low-flowing shower heads and toilets.
2 Thank MamaBearPopTart
Good afternoon!

WOW I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am estatic to hear that you had a positive experience and I will be sure to share your feedback with all of the team here! We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I've typically had good experiences at Marriott, this was an exception! Room nice and clean. Two mornings in a row they forgot my wake up call. They offered transportation to my nearby meeting. I was in the lobby on time but the driver said he was taking a different route today so the next bus would get me in a few minutes. 15 minutes later I asked the manager and he promised to get me to my meeting on time. I was still waiting in the lobby 15 minutes after my meeting started. That night they never showed to take me to the airport. They should stop promising or start delivering. They also had offered a rate inclusive of breakfast which they denied at check in. The manager did fix this part, and the breakfast was good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Good afternoon Bob G!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I was dissapointed to hear about your stay and some of the complications that you had. We take service here very serious and this certainly was not what you should have recieved. We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Lake Worth, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our recent trip to Fort Worth was made nicer by stay at this hotel. The room was spotless; this is due to excellent housekeepers, Vanessa & Maria. Their work ethic was exceptional. They anticipated our needs & were trustworthy. Guest laundry is free & detergent provided… wonderful for business travelers like us. We are loyal Marriott clients & placed on concierge floor. Nicholas put us in a quiet room away from elevators. The lounge staff were pleasant, especially Joni. The food is generous & good, especially the homemade cookies. The pool was heated, large, & delightful! It is not the fanciest nor most up to date Marriott out there; however, it is one of our favorites because the staff actually care about us & our comfort. Clean & comfortable with caring staff… that's what this road warrior wants & needs!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience and I will be sure to share your feedback with all of the team here! We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Overall I was disappointed in this hotel, though I cannot say that it was "bad" per se. It just didn't seem to live up to Marriott standards. I agree with a previous review that stated that perhaps this was an older hotel that was converted to a Marriott at some point. That would make sense because there were several oddities that struck me as being subpar for a Marriott:

1) There was a charge for Wi-fi in the hotel. $10/night. Given the expense of the rooms, this seemed like gouging.
2) No refrigerator in the room. I called an inquired about this and to their credit, they had a small refrigerator brought up to the room. And it worked, so in the end I can't fault them too much, though again, it just seemed odd.
3) No extractor/ventilation fan in the bathroom, therefore the mirror fogged up everytime you took a shower. I haven't been in a bathroom in I don't know how long that didn't have a vent fan, even in a Motel 6.
4) There was an iron, but no ironing board. What???
5) No safe in the room.
6) The hotel restaurant had odd operating hours, perhaps due to the high prices. Also possibly because of a lower amount of general foot traffic. I also attended the weekend conference and had lunch there. Only a couple of waitstaff and they were running around like crazy trying to get to everyone. Seems like they'd staff it better than that.

On the plus side, my other half enjoyed the swimming pool and the conference room was ok. The business center was also pretty good, though I would have preferred to use my laptop and wi-fi, but there was no way I was going to pay the additional charge.

Therefore I have to give this hotel an average rating. I hope they make some changes in the future...change is needed here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Good afternoon Jerry!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! It looks like while with us you enjoyed the service received however was not too thrilled about the layout or amenities.

I want you to know that we take situations like these very serious and will address these with our team! Some of the things you brought up seem a bit odd as we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi on the weekends; have ironing boards in all of our bed rooms directly below the iron; have the restaurant open from 6:30AM - 11:00PM straight; and have been a Marriott since it was built in 1999.

I hope this clears up some of the concerns and we hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Leander, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pretty classy place with extremely friendly staff. Attended a two day seminar and was impressed with the room setup and the lobby environment. Found the lounge and restaurant very empty probably due to the higher prices of entrees listed on their menu. Adult beverages were also priced at what could be considered exorbitant. The staff were very friendly and attempted to make the atmosphere a bit warmer in such an empty space. The room was more than adequate and sheets and pillows made for a very restful sleep. Bath amenities were typical of Marriott standards. Shower pressure very good. Exterior noise was non existent.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel looks like there was an old hotel and then later they built a new lobby and restaurant area. I'm not sure if that's really what happened but they lobby area is nice. Service by hotel employees was more like what i experience in top luxury hotels. The person who checked me in walked me to the elevator and showed me the pool and fitness center. Also the hotel didn't have the chlorine smell that you often get in a hotel with an indoor pool. The room was pretty standard and the bathroom was small. I do like the slide out desk that gives you more table top space if you are going to use it. Buffet breakfast was pretty good too. Hotel offer shuttle to/from the airport and to other locations near the hotel. I don't understand why every hotel has the same sucky pillows. Am i the only person who likes foam pillows? Every hotel (including this one) has a pile of the same feather pillows that are fluffy for the first 30 seconds and then are just a heavy lump. Maybe I'm just in the minority but I like my latex pillow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Good afternoon!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed the lobby and restaurant area as we did recently renovate that area. We are also in the process of starting a renovation in our rooms which will start at the beginning of next year. We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!