“Great location , Free Shuttle sold us on this property”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fort Worth, TX
Ranked #45 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We checked in on a Friday night as we had tickets to a concert at Billy Bob's Texas. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful, Shuttle was awesome! No hassle, no parking - allowed us to relax and enjoy and drink! Room was clean but a little worn - the A/C was noisy and old but worked in Texas 100 degree heat! Weekends they serve a hot breakfast - and it wasn't half bad. Eggs, sausage, waffles - cafeteria food but lots of variety and once again the staff was attentive to replenish the food.
Definitely would recommend and use this location again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathyMo8
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fort Worth, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast. We strive to provide a great customer experience to all our guests.

Sit back and relax during your stay at our hotel. Enjoy our heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, on-site Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. We offer a free van shuttle on weekends and for special events in Fort Worth. Our hotel's free shuttle offers service to downtown and destinations within a five-mile radius.

Thanks again for your time, and we hope to see you again in Ft. Worth.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Whilst the hotel is well maintained and generally clean it is the little things that when neglected do it harm.
The Wifi was patchy which was disappointing and in this modern world should not happen. The breakfast has an excellent range of products but the restocking was very poor much to the annoyance of several guests.
The location whilst easy to find is somewhat away from the main attractions and has only an average Mex, Restuarant on site.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank freddiemon
CEGHotelsResponse, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fort Worth, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank your taking the time tor review our hotel. We apologize for your issues with the breakfast and the WiFi at our hotel. We are currently addressing these issues.

We hope to see you again in Ft. Worth. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

After reading some negative reviews we were a bit dubious about staying here but it turned out great. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. The shuttle service was great to get to the stockyards. Standard chain hotel breakfast but plenty of choices. The room was very quiet which was ideal to sleep after a long flight. We stayed two nights and on our second day plenty of clean towels and toiletries replenished. The only negative thing I could say is that the hotel allows pets and I think the smell always lingers, also only wired internet access in the room. Overall though, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank mchnurse

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently trying to address the issues about the WiFi in our. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

The Country Inn & Suites offers well-appointed Ft. Worth hotel rooms that are designed for comfort and feature Serta® pillow-top mattresses, "Touch of Down" pillows, free high-speed Internet and more. Additional amenities include satellite TV, iron/ironing board, hair dryer and coffee maker, available in all of our Fort Worth, TX hotel's cozy guest rooms.

We hope you will stay with us again when in the Ft. Worth Area!!! Thanks again for your comments!!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Went to TX for a Convention and stayed here for the first time. The people were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great! I had not eaten dinner one evening - it was 11:00 and the desk clerk helped me find a restaurant that would deliver, since the only ones close by were already closed. They kept my room information private when the delivery person arrived, which I appreciated! It was clean, comfortable and overall a great stay. I will definitely stay there next year for the convention again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel your comments are very much appreciated. We always strive to provide great customer service to all our guests.

Our Fort Worth hotel's free breakfast serves Belgian waffles, pastries, fresh fruit, coffee and more every morning. Breakfast is served daily 6:30am-10am, and the dining area is available for special parties. For lunch and dinner, this hotel in Fort Worth, TX is conveniently located near a number of great restaurants, including Los Vaqueros, Joe T. Garcia's and Cattlemen's Steakhouse.

Thanks again for your comments!!! We hope you will come stay with us again in Ft. Worth!!!1

Reviewed 27 June 2011

When we arrived on Saturday I immediately went to check out the pool. There was an older, tatooed couple in the pool with a trash can icing down their glass beverages. There was a young child and a man and woman (looked like grandparents) swimming. After I had been there a few minutes, the couple started kissing and it went on for awhile. Just as I started to leave, the other couple was gathering up their granddaughter(?) as quickly as they could and leaving as well. It is a very small pool. We left for about 4 hours and when we came back to get in the pool, another couple had joined the same couple and the women were topless and kissing. Upon checking back a half hour later to see if it was safe to go in, there was a full blown orgy taking place, one couple was having oral sex and the other couple were clearly having sex. People were standing at windows and doors watching, some laughing, but most in disbelief. Several had been to complain at the front desk because this had apparently been going on for awhile. When I went to the front desk, the manager said he had asked them to keep their tops on and didn't know what else he could do. I said "why not call the police. There are children in your motel." Needless to say, we didn't spend any time in the pool. Other people we talked with later said the couples switched partners and then the men watched the women. MANAGEMENT DID NOTHING TO STOP THIS AT ALL. We couldn't find another room ANYWHERE and without a car, we were stuck. On Sunday when we went to catch the shuttle to the airport, we were told the shuttle didn't run on Sunday. My husband had double checked this with them 2 weeks before and the day before our arrival. My daughter's room had hair in the bed and blood on the blanket. They ended up staying in our room on the fold-out sofa. The only thing good about the Country Inn & Suites in Fort Worth is the shuttle service. We had two different drivers on Saturday and they were both very entertaining. We enjoyed them both.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank acdc6061
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I like this hotel because when I want to save money I can go here and not sacrifice service or quality. The breakfast is good AND the restaurant in the same parking lot (mercado juarez) is one of the best mexican food restaurants in fort worth! Awesome!

Room Tip: Hotels.com
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
CEGHotelsResponse, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fort Worth, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. We strive to make the Guest experience excellent!! Your comments help us do that.

If you come to the Ft. Worth area again please come stay with us again!!!!

Reviewed 22 May 2011

This establishment is 14 years old and is need of updated decorating. The lobby looks nice, the bedrooms are OK, but the bathrooms have cracked and dirty grout and should be gutted. "Where is the business center?" I asked. "We don't have one," replied the desk clerk. "What???" See what I mean about dated? No computers for the guests. Wifi is available in the rooms but it was spotty coverage and not reliable.
Forget about exercising. The room is tiny & windowless & the equipment is cheap and wobbly. The treadmill belt slipped and the eliptical was low budget. The TV had one channel that worked.
Bedrooms: we were on the 3rd floor as requested & I happily discovered I could open the window full height for fresh air. However the screen didn't fit. If you have an active little person, watch out.
At 10:00 P.M. I pulled back the sheets to my bed and discovered it hadn't been changed. Yuk! I went to the front desk & told Nancy the desk clerk (she was great !!!) who was horrified and offered to move us to another room. I asked for a clean set of sheets & I changed them myself.
At check- out the next morning I informed the young desk clerk that the Wifi barely worked, the lack of guest computers was unbelievable in this day and age, and that one beds was dirty and not changed. He disappeared & came back after talking with the mystery manager who knocked a whopping $15.00 off from the bill. I guess changing my own bed was worth $15.00.
Positives: we had no one next door so it was quiet. The breakfast food was typical, but fine.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the problems that happened during your stay. We will discuss these issues with the staff members. Your comments will help us improve the guest experience at our hotel.