“Great breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Fort Worth
London, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Luckily I had a car so we could drive down to the stockyards every night. The hotel does supply a van for this purpose but we didn't use it. Room was clean and comfortable and a good size. We were there for Memorial Weekend and the hotel was busy but the staff were helpful and courteous especially David. The breakfast was one of the best I have had in this category of hotel. Only downside was the carpet in our room was a bit stained and grubby. Odd number rooms face the front which can be a bit noisy from the highway. Even number rooms face the rear which will be quieter. We have two rooms booked for when we return from our road trip around Texas.

Room Tip: Odd numbers face the front, even numbers face the rear. We faced the front but road and rail noise d...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We would like to thank you for finding the time to write a wonderful review about your recent stay at our hotel. Our commitment to delivering the highest level of service is encouraged by positive comments given by our valued guests.

Thank you so much for mentioning that the breakfast we offer is tasty and our staff, especially David, were courteous and attended to your needs.

We hope that you will visit us again soon, we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I paid for the suite on Priceline and only paid $55/night. The rooms were huge with 2 tv's and separate couch and kitchen area. The bed was comfortable and nice bedding. The breakfast was normal continental breakfast fare. The hotel is a little dates, but not bad.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Let us thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Fort Worth. We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay.

We thank you for commenting that we have huge, comfortable rooms that do not come at a hefty price.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon!
Burleson, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Picked this hotel for my bachelorette party because a friend of mine stayed here for hers in 2013. Well my stay wasnt as pleasant. From them giving us the wrong room to ants in the bathroom and on top of the air conditioning unit in the room. Granted its a free breakfast but it wasnt all that great either, McDonalds would have been better. My experience was not as great as what my friend had back in Sept-2013. Doubt I will stay there again. I will look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. It is saddening to hear since we place great value on guest satisfaction.

We find it very disturbing that you saw ants in the bathroom and on top of the air conditioning unit. You have our assurance that we have every intention of addressing this matter. We will contact a pest control company and have them inspect the entire property for the presence of unwelcomed pests and when found, assist us in getting rid of them.

We hope that you will consider staying with us once more, so may be given a chance to provide you with a far better experience.
Brighton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The room was huge with two large beds clean and tidy, bathroom was clean but a little beat up around the edges, this is a little like a premier inn, in the UK, seems expensive to what we get back at home but most hotels in the area where booked up due to NASCAR etc.

Stag party's were here, but we slept well and bumped into them on the free shuttle bus that takes you into town.

The hotel is ok, it's not bad and not amazing, it's comfortable and a good sleep, with parking near the stockyards and rodeo. I think very overpriced for UK standards but it's a busy weekend in the area. So prices been pushed up I guess.

Had a great night at the rodeo we bought tickets early and sat in the red seats got a great view. Bars play a fusion of country and RNB which was fun and created a nice atmosphere.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ScottBN1
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. It is good to know that you found your room cozy and comfortable and that you were able to sleep despite our hotel being fully booked and playing host to parties. We have found ways to ensure that the noise brought about by people in a celebratory mood will not permeate our rooms.

As for the room rates, they are reasonable compared to those being charged by other hotels in the area. We understand though that you are used to the room prices in the United Kingdom.

It would a pleasure to have you back with us. We hope that the next time you are in town you will choose to stay at our hotel.
Mornington, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Was so happy to arrive here after a long day, the lobby was super cosy and welcoming with a little lounge set up. I booked a 2 queen room but ended up getting a suite with a king bed and separate bedroom and living area, with flat screen tvs in both rooms. All clean and well maintained, little kitchenette also with bar fridge and microwave was handy. Check in was quick and easy, was chilling out in the room in no time. Free breakfast was good, something for everyone, eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, fruit, yogurt etc. Also free cookies and coffee available in lobby all day! Kept extending my stay because I liked it here and there seemed to be no problem with it, was in the same room the entire week. The free shuttle takes you anywhere within 5 miles, which includes downtown Fort Worth and the Stockyards (even got free tickets to the rodeo from reception), and also will pick you up til 5pm during week and 2am on fri and sat! Overall this was a great place to stay and staff were great, answered all my silly questions! Cheryl was a hoot and David is a real sweetheart and fun to talk nonsense with! Definitely would recommend this place, loved it and hope to be back one day!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lisa B
We are very pleased to hear that you absolutely loved your stay at our hotel. Your fantastic review made our day! We strive hard each day to attain our primary goal of guest satisfaction. This will inspire us, motivate us to work even harder to raise the bar on accommodation and services.

Thank you for appreciating our clean, well-maintained rooms, delectable free food, free shuttle, and wonderful staff. Cheryl and David were so thrilled to learn that you especially appreciated the two of them.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us. We hope you will visit us again in the near future!
Huntsville, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

When we arrived and walked into our room, the smell of urine was overwhelming. There is no way that the housekeeping staff did not notice the smell during the cleaning. I called the front desk and asked for another double room but none available. He was very kind and offered to send someone up with very strong air freshener. He arrived quickly and I asked if he noticed the smell and he replied with a definite agreement. The freshener was overwhelming but quickly disappeared and the urine smell returned. I turned the air conditioner off and the smell started to lighten up. I left it off with the windows open but had to close them due to the sound off the freeway. It was hot and muggy but every time the air conditioner was turned back on, the smell was disgusting.
I went downstairs to speak to management at 8am the following day and the manager offered another room but I didn’t want to stay any longer. He understood and agreed to cancel the next night and not charge me for the night we stayed.
I checked my credit card before we left town and the amount was still pending. I called Capital One and my credit card customer service said he would take it off if the hotel agreed that I wasn’t going to be charged via phone call. The front desk employee answered and reported that she thought I wasn’t to be charged but the manager had told her later in the morning that he wanted to charge me for the night we stayed. I asked to speak to him and I was on a three way call with the credit card company during our conversation, which was being recorded for security reasons.
The manager stated that he did not agree to no charge. After I complained, he reluctantly agreed but only after he was told that the call was recorded and the front desk person agreed with me that he stated it was a no charge.
I feel if I had waited until I returned home, the charge would have been difficult to reverse. Why is it this difficult to get someone to do what they agreed to do? Why did the hotel staff choose to ignore the smell of urine and continue to rent out the room? It was obvious someone had urinated in the air conditioner.
I have never had such poor customer service from a manager. The rest of the staff was very nice. I manage a business and understand the difficulty with that title but to blatantly lie only represents your business in such a horrible light.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy S
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
At the Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth we always try to provide great accommodations for everyone. At this time we have reached out to the guest to make this situation better. At the hotel we do value all guest feedback good, or bad. We use feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests.
Corona, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I just stayed at this hotel while on business for one night. The carpet was dirty and didn't appear to have been vacuumed properly. The bathroom had caulking on sink and shower that had not been painted. It appeared to have been put on to cover holes and not done be a professional by any means. There is kitchenette in the room with an oak cabinet that had the base rotting away as if rats had been eating it. I will not stay here again and would not recommended this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for finding the time to share about your recent stay at hotel. Your review is very important to us, as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. We assure you that we take complaints about filthiness and signs of decay very seriously. It is our goal to provide each of our guests an experience that will prompt them to stay with us again. Your feedback is certain to bring about positive actions. Please let us change your perception of our hotel. Come visit us again!