“Friendly staff, good hotel, but isolated”

Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle
Ranked #20 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Friendly staff, good hotel, but isolated”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I picked this place because it's close to our branch facility here. It was a long drive from the DWF airport. Very nice hotel and very nice sweet staff, love them. Hotel is nice, book the golf view room. Breakfast buffet is small but ok, not expensive. Has nice size out door pool and basketball/tennis court. Two reasons I didn't give this place a five star: 1) too isolated. Nearest restaurants are about 10 to 15 min drive. But plus side is this facility is right across hwy114 from the Texas Speed Way. And 2) I booked a golf view room (which cost extra) but they give me a parking lot room. I was too tired to ask them to switch, but not thrilled abut it.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel... my husband spoke at a conference that was held there and we decided to stay in Dallas a few days afterwards because we'd never been there. The building itself is beautiful, marble or granite floors, nice artwork... We ate breakfast in the restaurant there the morning we left and it had a breakfast buffet as well as a chef that would make custom omelets and waffles, etc. It was very good and reasonably priced. I don't know if it was because they'd just filled it or not but the scrambled eggs in the buffet were piping hot. That is unusual in a buffet.

With the golf course and grounds so well-maintained and the interior very modern and clean, it was a nice place to stay. The rooms were clean and modern as well with comfortable beds and a lot of space. The wi-fi was pretty fast and the TV is HD with a good amount of basic channels INCLUDING (and this was big for me) the NFL Network... yay!

My ONLY problem -- and I suppose it wasn't huge -- was that the housekeeping staff forgot a couple things once or twice. We are coffee drinkers and they forgot to add the extra regular coffee packet we'd asked for; and, I had asked twice for an extra towel (2 were supplied... we needed one more - you know women and our hair after showers) and had to go get them both times from the front desk. One of the times, they didn't have it there when I went down and the front desk person said she would have one sent up. It never arrived.

I also really like hotel gift shops (they're expensive but sometimes have some really cool stuff if they employ good buyers) and the one there was kind of small and cramped.

These few things were pretty minor for us. There was free coffee in the restaurant so we were able to run down and get it when we couldn't make it in the room. My husband and I worked out the towel thing so that was no emergency. I only mention them because they seemed to be small requests and one would think they could be handled with some efficiency.

It occurred to me that the things that I mentioned may have been the case because this is a golf resort and their biggest clientele is the male of the species?

All in all, we had a nice stay. The folks that work there are really friendly. The bartender, Michael, was awesome and every single person who worked there made it a point to smile and say hi or check to see if everything was OK. And again, the building interior was gorgeous.

Room Tip: Sorry! Wish I could but I've only stayed there once so...
Green Features: Can't say... didn't notice anything that spoke to it one way or another.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Although we at one time lived in Dallas for 16 years we were not familiar with the area and now I understand the reason. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere. We checked into our room and I immediately noticed that there was mold surrounding the tub in the bathroom and wood was chipped and peeling at the door frame bottoms. There was a huge white stain on the desktop . All in all the room looked shoddy . The girl at the front desk was lovely and came up to show me three other rooms . Believe it or not all three had the same unsightly conditions. She said she would have the staff the next day check for other rooms. I thought it couldn't get worse until I woke to the sounds of the elevator banging and binging each time it came to our floor. I barely slept all night. The next morning we moved to a marginally better room with at least no mold. I decided to walk my dog the next morning and was greeted by a roach walking across the path surrounding the hotel , followed by a roach walking across the carpeted area of the lobby . This is Texas and there are roaches but you don't usually see them in broad daylight in the hotel itself. I am surprised by the good reviews given for this hotel . My husband is a Marriott rewards silver elite member and we usually have good luck with Marriott hotels. . This is a sad representation of the Marriott name.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Georgica14
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time give us your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Marriott Hotel & Golf Club. Your feedback enables us to effectively to strive for providing a better service to our guest. Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit with us. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with the proper customer service experience. Should you have the opportunity to travel to this area in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.
SLC
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is a great hotel next to the Texas Motor Speedway. It was clean, it was quite, and not too much trouble to get to outside the city. Just a short drive to restaurants and shops in Alliance.
Also a straight shot to DFW on a less crowded highway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank s20mark
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Friendly, accommodating, competent front desk staff. Clean, fresh room and linens. Efficient housekeeping staff. Breakfast buffet reasonably priced, food 'okay', omelettes delicious. Waitstaff could have been a little more attentive, the restaurant was not overly busy at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Shreveport
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I work together and sometimes we have to attend seminars together so we needed an overnight stay for a conference in the Roanoke, TX area and this was a perfect commute as well as stay. We arrived later in the evening and needed an early start so we ate in the bar and were very pleased with the ambience as well as the food and service. The room was comfy and the bed was a delight with no issues.Thank you very much from some weary travelers constantly on the run as you made our small getaway something to remember as a small oasis of place and time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very friendly staff; exceptionally clean and well appointed rooms; Texas-size swimming pool; very good golf facilities are just a few of the reasons I would recommend this location. As titled, if you are going to the "race" this would be an excellent place to stay. Even with all the road construction that is currently going on there was easy access to the property and the track is just across the roadway.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family