Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My sister and I stayed here together for our yearly "sister's weekend". The hotel was really beautiful and the staff was very helpful. The only complaint I had was that you had to pay for Wi-Fi. Really? You can get it free at McDonalds but you have to pay at a fancy hotel? For that reason, I probably won't be choosing Marriott again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Natchitoches LA
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Went on a golf weekend, using a Living Social 'stay and play' deal. Pros: spotlessly clean, nicely maintained, and public areas nicely furnished. Staff was really polite and helpful. Pool, golf course and bar were very good. Room nicely furnished and very comfortable, although bed may have been a bit too firm for some. Restaurant/bar on premises were ok, very good breakfast, and while not inexpensive, they aren't as expensive as they could be given that they are literally the only places to eat or drink for miles.

Cons: For most people, location would be an issue. Unless attending an event at the Speedway across the highway, this is a secluded location. There is literally nothing there at all, although the interesting little town of Roanoke is only five minutes down the road. I was looking for a quiet golf weekend, so this worked fine for me. Only other con was lack of fridge/microwave in room. Minor, but a bit inconvenient.

Overall, I enjoyed my weekend and plan on going back.

Tip: Might want to check reviews for the many restaurants in nearby Roanoke, Texas.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of pool and golf course.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is near the Speedway but we just went for a normal night and found it to be quiet with very friendly staff.
The pool was large with lots of chairs. The sports court is A+ for the kids and they found a lively basketball game to join. I wish more hotels would have these. Great way for kids to run off some energy and then quietly go to bed.
We didn't play golf but found the driving range was a little lacking. We paid for 2 buckets of balls and they didn't explain how far the driving range was away from the clubhouse. Finally we got a golf cart to go down there only to find they were out of balls so I had to come back and ask for some--poor customer service in my opinion.
Breakfast buffet was nice and the omelet guy was very good. Staff was quite nice in the restaurant. F&B Manager came and spoke to us and was very friendly.
We plan to return. It is about 30 minutes north of the main Fort Worth attractions but we liked the feeling of being outside of town and we liked the friendly service. Plus no fee for parking (unlike the downtown hotels).
Improvement suggestion--non-feather pillows were sad. Otherwise the room was nice.
We loved the floor to ceiling windows.
I would give them 4.5 stars if I could.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stay here each year with the Choctaw High School Solar Car Race. The hotel is just past Texas Motor Speedway where the race starts.
The rooms are large with lots of desk space and setups for laptops, etc. The beds are comfortable. If you want a refrigerate you have to request it. Large windows with views of the pool and golf course.
There is a restaurant, and room service, also a small pantry by desk to buy drinks and other items. Nearest restaurants are about 4 miles away.
The staff are very friendly and courteous.

Stayed July 2014
Hugo, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Clean, spacious rooms, attentive staff, large pool and location make this hotel a winner on my list. Located across the street from the Texas Motor Speedway, you can actually walk over without a problem if you are in good physical condition. We especially liked the pool and spent most of our time there... probably the largest pool I have ever been in. Plenty of room for everyone!! Great experience at this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival to this hotel I dropped my husband at the golf course and took my two small children (3yr & 6mo) into the hotel to see about an early check in. They suggested use of the pool while we waited. We used the pool and then had lunch at the hotel restaurant after. Once we got into our room, we were very happy with the size, cleanliness, lovely decor and view. Almost every employee was very friendly (aside from a front desk woman names Suzie who point blank lied to me when I asked if the candy bars at the front desk ($2) were the same price as the ones in the vending machines on the second floor ($1)). Great weekend getaway for me, my husband, and our two small children.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jenni B
Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

For being a full service hotel I would have expected more and a better service level. In four nights stay I awoke in the morning to find a dead roach twice in the bathroom. After first time I explained to the front desk and again after second time. Never heard back from the management team on the issue. At $300.00 a night I would expect more. I have stayed here several times and was quite pleased but this last time with no concern for the issue has caused concern.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jennifer W
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Gatorgirl 8, Thank you for your continued loyalty. I appreciate you taking to time to alert us to the problem you experience during your stay. The service troubles you encountered during your stay are not typical of the service we offer, and I regret that you were unable to have these concerns addressed prior to your departure. Our goal is to make your stay “Brilliant” but our team not responding efficiently to your issue is not acceptable. I will certainly be addressing this with them to ensure this does not happen again. Since we did not get back to you during your stay, I hope you take the time to contact me, Jim Campbell at 817-497-3000 so we can address the issues and apologize personally and hopefully persuade you to choose the Marriott Champions Circle on your future travels to Fort Worth and the Texas Motor Speedway area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
Downtown Fort Worth
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
#6 of 110 in Fort Worth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,281 reviews

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle

Property: Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle
Address: 3300 Championship Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76177 (Formerly Doral Tesoro Hotel and Golf Club)
Region: United States > Texas > Fort Worth
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Green Hotel in Fort Worth
#5 Luxury Hotel in Fort Worth
#12 Romantic Hotel in Fort Worth
#23 Business Hotel in Fort Worth
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle 4*
Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle is a top choice among Dallas Fort Worth Hotels in Texas, offering a pristine location that overlooks an extraordinary 18-hole Jay Morrish golf course. Our hotel is also adjacent to the Texas Motor Speedway. Fort Worth is an ideal place for your next business or pleasure trip, full of thrilling attractions, world-class museums, and performing arts centers. For your visit to Fort Worth or Downtown Dallas, make Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle your home away from home. Our Fort Worth Golf Club hotel is conveniently located just minutes from Sundance Square, bursting with fine stores and restaurants, and the nearby Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District. Our hotel offers a full host of features for corporate travelers including flexible meeting space as well as expert event planners and catering. Stay at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle and experience it all. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Hotel And Golf Club At Champions Circle