“Unique Kind of Tour”

Texas Bar-B-Q Tour
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The tour stops at three of the top six award winning barbecue (Bar-B-Q) restaurants in Fort Worth/Dallas, rated by D Magazine story by Daniel Vaughn. At each restaurant you will savor their signature barbecue (Bar-B-Q). If the pit master can break away from the fire, he will join us for a Q&A. It is fascinating to hear about their choices of wood, meats and cooking temperatures. As we drive through the city, you will hear the history of Fort Worth/Dallas. We will point out restaurants, landmarks and places of interest. You will see the Water Gardens, Sundance Square, The Historic Stockyards and many more sites. Photo opportunities will be available at the Fort Worth Water Gardens, Stockyards, Cowboys Stadium and the Ballpark in Arlington. If you leave hungry it's your own fault...
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We wanted to do something different while visiting Fort Worth. What better tour to take than a BBQ one!??!?! Billy is awesome! He is very personable and informative about the area. Not only do you get to sample BBQ from three of the top six BBQ places in Dallas/Fort Worth, you get to go behind the scenes and see the pit areas and talk with the pit masters.
While driving between BBQ joints, you get to see a lot of the city while in a nice air conditioned vehicle. Along the way, Billy stops and allows time to visit a few of the top tourist locations (i.e. water gardens, stockyards). Billy does a great tour. I recommend this tour to anyone who loves BBQ and is in the Dallas / Fort Worth area!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The guide was fantastic and very will informed and the BBQ was great. It does not matter whether you are a local or from out of state, you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend it even for the locals. Be sure to come hungry . All of the people at the restaurants were great. It was a very enjoyable tour. I highly recommend it to all. Words alone can not describe this tour. I think it is something that I would like to do again. JO ANN

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This was an awesome tour! We was still full hours after our tour!! Me and my husband when on this tour as a way to try great bbq on our trip to Texas, we was not disappoint, we had such a great time. The next day we even made it back to two out of three of the restaurants to get more food to bring home with us!!! We even got an awesome tour of downtown Fort Worth. If you have never been to Texas, like my husband, this is a great way to see and taste Texas! My husband wasn't a big bbq rib fan until this trip, I was so glad we had such an great tour guide! Thank you so much Billy!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I booked this tour as a birthday gift for my husband and I'm so glad I did! Billy Ray met us at the TRE station and he showed us a few of the sites downtown: The Renovated T&P station, Water Gardens, Sundance Square, a driving tour of downtown Fort Worth, and then off too the Stock Yards to watch the cattle drive. After all that the BBQ tasting began. Billy Ray took us to three award winning BBQ restaurants to have a sampling of their ribs, brisket, sausage, chicken, sauce, coleslaw, and potato salad. By the time we finished our 3rd restaurants sampling's we were full to the brim with food and BBQ knowledge ;-). Billy Ray is a wonderful tour guide and makes you feel instantly comfortable with his easy going manner and wonderful sense of humor. This 4 hour tour is so worth the time and money. If you book it you won't be disappointed...Just make sure you arrive hungry!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

By far the most awesome BBQ tour there is.....don't make the mistake of missing out on this experience, I cant wait to book another one. Took a group that came in from all over the country (some who said they didn't like sauce on their BBQ), have to say, they are STILL talking about the tour, the sauces and most of all.. Billy Ray, the tour director extraordinaire! No one left hungry, our stomachs were sore from laughing all night at the stories, the jokes and all the fun! Loved the kitchen and smoker tours, even got to lock the door to the restaurant! Billy puts the T... in Texas toast, the ye in ye...haw and most of all the true Texan experience in this tour. Don't forget to save room for the awesome desserts....you can't go wrong!!! If you don't know the words to the song, Billy Ray will even sing it for you! Yea Billy!

1  Thank bnbyoung