“George Strait Weekend”

Texas Bar-B-Q Tour
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The tour stops at three of the top six award winning barbecue (Bar-B-Q) restaurants in Fort Worth/Dallas, rated by D Magazine story by Daniel Vaughn. At each restaurant you will savor their signature barbecue (Bar-B-Q). If the pit master can break away from the fire, he will join us for a Q&A. It is fascinating to hear about their choices of wood, meats and cooking temperatures. As we drive through the city, you will hear the history of Fort Worth/Dallas. We will point out restaurants, landmarks and places of interest. You will see the Water Gardens, Sundance Square, The Historic Stockyards and many more sites. Photo opportunities will be available at the Fort Worth Water Gardens, Stockyards, Cowboys Stadium and the Ballpark in Arlington. If you leave hungry it's your own fault...
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Got my lady tickets to the George Strait (Cowboy Rides Away) Concert & she surprised me with a BBQ Tour with the man, the myth, the legend Billy Ray. Haven't had this much fun packed into one day since Spring Break 2002. Billy is a sensational tour guide and does a magnificent job of making everyone on his tour laugh and feel right at home. You will leave with a wealth of knowledge! All 3 BBQ Restaurants he took us to were fabulous. We ate brisket, ribs, sausage, beans, turkey, cole slaw, and potato salad throughout our tour. Being on a competitive BBQ Cooking Team [BIG BOYZ BBQ] I judged the BBQ we ate based on taste, texture, and presentation. I won't mention the names of the restaurants, but I'll tell you this. The first restaurant had the best brisket hands down, the second restaurant had the best ribs, and the last restaurant had the best beans and was my favorite overall. Make this tour part of your next trip to Fort Worth...you won't be disappointed!

3  Thank mrrudyrod
in 27 reviews
in 12 reviews
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Billy unfortunately had a nasty bad accident in the days leading up to my scheduled tour and so whilst he initially contacted me to cancel the tour, he subsequently offered to take me for bbq as a personal favour (and despite his obvious pain and discomfort that he was still in). As a solo traveller, this resulted in me sharing a fabulous and thoroughly enjoyable few hours in the fantastic company of Billy and his wonderful wife Jill.

We went for bbq and beer at one of Billy's favourite bbq joints, where I got to meet the owner, see the bbq pits in action and taste lots and lots of the different types of meat. And this was all as a personal favour, without any fee being charged to me whatsoever and with my fee being returned to me following the cancellation.

Billy also showed me around Fort Worth in his own car on a little mini-personal tour, checking out one of his fave local Mexican joints and various parts of the city itself.

What can I say, other than this was all in all second to none genuine Texas hospitality at its best. I'd vouch for Billy and this tour to anybody.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We wanted to do something different while visiting Fort Worth. What better tour to take than a BBQ one!??!?! Billy is awesome! He is very personable and informative about the area. Not only do you get to sample BBQ from three of the top six BBQ places in Dallas/Fort Worth, you get to go behind the scenes and see the pit areas and talk with the pit masters.
While driving between BBQ joints, you get to see a lot of the city while in a nice air conditioned vehicle. Along the way, Billy stops and allows time to visit a few of the top tourist locations (i.e. water gardens, stockyards). Billy does a great tour. I recommend this tour to anyone who loves BBQ and is in the Dallas / Fort Worth area!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The guide was fantastic and very will informed and the BBQ was great. It does not matter whether you are a local or from out of state, you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend it even for the locals. Be sure to come hungry . All of the people at the restaurants were great. It was a very enjoyable tour. I highly recommend it to all. Words alone can not describe this tour. I think it is something that I would like to do again. JO ANN

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This was an awesome tour! We was still full hours after our tour!! Me and my husband when on this tour as a way to try great bbq on our trip to Texas, we was not disappoint, we had such a great time. The next day we even made it back to two out of three of the restaurants to get more food to bring home with us!!! We even got an awesome tour of downtown Fort Worth. If you have never been to Texas, like my husband, this is a great way to see and taste Texas! My husband wasn't a big bbq rib fan until this trip, I was so glad we had such an great tour guide! Thank you so much Billy!