“WHAT THE BUTLER SAW REVIEW”
Review of Stage West Theatre

Stage West Theatre
Ranked #47 of 158 things to do in Fort Worth
Argyle,Tx
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“WHAT THE BUTLER SAW REVIEW”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This was my first time to go to a Stage West production.
I liked the online ease of ordering tickets and getting to pick your seats. The movie style padded seats are wonderful as well. The bar was less than average but at least they did have one. There was even seating for the handicapped which was nice,. I am not however.

Parking was a breeze and finding the place was no rpoblem. The front door is clearly marked. They do serve food there but we did not eat so I cannot say anything about that.

The majority of the audience was well over seventy and some looked to be in eighties...but a few younger folks did attend. Age does not matte to me. Everyone deserves a good time.

The theatre itself is very professional. Air conditioning was great. I can't say one bad thing about the theatre itself.

The performers were amazing. Kudo's to them for sure.

The actual play "What the BUtler Saw" was not realy my cup of tea. It is an extremely fast moving pace and as I sat there watching, I was wondering if the older people were really able to follow along. I knwo my wife got lost in it and she actually became disinterested then; but I stayed in the game. You do hve to listen realy closely and your mind does have to keep pace .

Although the performance has warnigns of adult content....language and gun fire. Seeing a woman/man in underweear/bra is hardly adult content in this day and age. I was expecting a blank being shot from a real gun, but that was NOT the case.

Bottom line....I will absolutley go back to future productions at Stage West and I wold recommend you attending one, But in so far as this actual play: go if you have a fast mind.; otherwise, do not waste your money; unless you merely want to escacpe the house/ward.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank CaptainFB

Weatherford, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great Productions”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

A great variety of productions with excellent actors and staff. Good food too!!!

Visited May 2012
Texas
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Theater”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have gone to Stage West several times recently and enjoyed both the plays and the cafe which serves dinner beforehand and dessert with wines and coffees at intermission. The performances have been very good, as have the plays.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank JTJT
austin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Sports Page at Stage West”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Intimate theater--not a bad seat. Food and beverage service is a great deal--food is nothing to write home about but the turn key aspect is attractive.

Visited February 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Ol' Vic Cafe at Stage West is OK dining”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The Ol' Vic Cafe at Stage West offers several sandwiches, salads, and hot dishes, which are generally pretty good. The service was efficient. The primary reason to eat here is because Stage West's location is isolated in the middle of a deserted warehouse district and you can enjoy dinner before the 8:00 p.m.show and not have to rush from a restaurant miles away. What immediately caught our attention is the disposable plastic wine glasses and water glasses. For a sit-down dinner restaurant with entree prices $9-13, this seems pretty tacky. Dare I suggest buying "regular" glasses at one of the ubiquitous dollar stores in the DFW area?

Visited February 2012