“Charming!”

Leonard's Department Store Museum
Ranked #40 of 163 things to do in Fort Worth
Reviewed 10 July 2014

What a dear, little place this is! Absolutely worth the stop. We spent a good bit of time walking around, reading all the information, looking at the displays, and basically being charmed. The lady who greeted us was friendly. We decided to eat lunch at the little restaurant that is attached, and I can recommend that too.

4  Thank Jennifer B
There are newer reviews for Leonard's Department Store Museum

Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you grew up in Fort Worth in the 60s, you knew Leonard's and their fabulous M&O subway downtown. This little museum will take you back in time with pictures, displays, and usually a chat with one of the Leonard grandchildren. It is also attached to a very fine little eatery!

4  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Unfortunately I didn't live in Fort Worth when Leonard's was open, but my husband and his family tell me all about it and you can just picture this beloved wonderful store with clothes, sundries, even vegetables and other food items! There is even a renovated subway car in downtown Fort Worth in the new City Place building which is way cool....it takes you back in time when life was a little simpler and the Leonard's family met everyone's needs with their one store. It's a "must see" if you love Fort Worth history!

2  Thank BensMom2
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I brought my mom who had worked at Leonard's during the 50s. I enjoyed watching and listening to her reminisce. It is a little museum but very well done. The grill attached is a great bonus.

2  Thank PatriotGal
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Good old fashion diner experience, desserts to die for, service is swift and efficient, the shakes are wonderful

1  Thank factshome2