“Delicioso!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camp Bowie Blvd
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We were there for the annual Restaurant Week event, and the portions were more than generous! Wait staff very friendly and went out of her way to make sure my husband could have the scallops. He thoroughly enjoyed them with the corn risotto. I had the filet mignon, and it did melt in my mouth, even though I had it medium well! Small, but diverse vegetables on my plate and wonderful arugula salad to start. Then we had tirmasu and creme brulee for desert, the tirmasu was the winner...I felt somewhat rushed through my meal, but not overly so. Ambience, quiet and we didn't have a problem with noises.

There are newer reviews for Ray's Steak and Seafood

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great steakhouse and piano bar. You should make reservations. Food is always wonderful. Good menu variety.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is a quiet little west side spot serving mainly steaks and seafood. The white table cloths and piano bar interior are a calming retreat in a fast food city. Mainly an affulent older crowd who live near by as it's kind of a hidden little gem.

The steak and seafood combination was well prepared and well presented and service was prompt and courteous on our visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I had dinner there with my dad this week, but won't be in any hurry to go back.

The service was terrible. I had to order my first drink twice, (classic daiquiri) both times telling them the ingredients, and they still didn't get it quite right (disregarded my request for dark rum). My second drink, Scotch on the rocks, was brought twice with water despite my not ordering it that way (or they water down their Scotch).

Our server never mentioned the specials. We only found out there were specials when talking with another server we knew from her previous restaurant. She also either wasn't made aware of, or didn't tell us they were out of one of their regular menu items until several minutes after I ordered it. After our meal we asked about desserts, which seemed limited as recited by the waitress as they had no dessert menu. We also asked if they had a menu of after dinner drinks or liqueurs, to be told, "We have Brandy Alexander and some Scotches, but that's about it." As we were leaving we asked someone else if they had some and they began reciting a litany of drinks and after dinner spirits, it seems our waitress just didn't bother to offer them. We did find out she was the owner's daughter though, which explains how she keeps her job.

The food is the only real redeeming factor, and it was outstanding. I had mussels and salmon, both off the menu. The mussels were very good, with a wonderful broth perfect for soaking bread in. The salmon was cooked perfectly. My dad had the prime rib-eye, which looked like a steak from a National Cattlemen's Beef Association ad. It was one of the best steaks I'd ever tasted in a restaurant.

So, if you can tolerate the terrible service (or you get a better server) then the food is wonderful. But you can get great food at lots of places that also offer great service.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I had given Ray's a rather poor review for our first visit, however, after several visits recently, it has much improved. The service could still use some improvement, but the food is quite good, particularly the fish, and they have added a very nice neighborhood type piano bar that has become quite popular.