“Larger, but slipping. Annoyingly inconsistent.”
Review of Ray's Steak and Seafood - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camp Bowie Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas
“Larger, but slipping. Annoyingly inconsistent.”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We've been to Ray's several times over the last couple of years, and I must confess we never know what to expect. Now, I doubt we'll be back.

We've had the entire gamut at Ray's. Great food and great service. Great food, with incredibly slow and/or poor service. Good food, with good service. Now, we've had OK food with fine service.

On Friday evening, we took an out-of-town guest there, and this time we received very fine service, but very average steaks.

I hate to say it, because I like their more comfortable expansion, but there are better options.

• Visited October 2012

Fort Worth, Texas
“Food, service, atmosphere - it's all here”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

After a few visits to Ray's, last night's dinner exceeded anything we had previously experienced. This is a comfortable place, nice live music in the bar area that gently filters into the dining areas, unobtrusive service with a smile, great food. Two at our table shared Chateaubriand which was excellent; a dish called "Chicken and Lobster" was a nicely cooked, thin, chicken breast and a 1/2 lobster tail in a great cream - request to substitute linguine for the mashed potatoes was done without any problem and made the dish even better; other diner enjoyed excellent lamb chops. Price point here is good for the quality of the food and service.

• Visited September 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Delicioso!”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We were there for the annual Restaurant Week event, and the portions were more than generous! Wait staff very friendly and went out of her way to make sure my husband could have the scallops. He thoroughly enjoyed them with the corn risotto. I had the filet mignon, and it did melt in my mouth, even though I had it medium well! Small, but diverse vegetables on my plate and wonderful arugula salad to start. Then we had tirmasu and creme brulee for desert, the tirmasu was the winner...I felt somewhat rushed through my meal, but not overly so. Ambience, quiet and we didn't have a problem with noises.

• Visited August 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“One of Fort Worth's best.”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great steakhouse and piano bar. You should make reservations. Food is always wonderful. Good menu variety.

Visited July 2012
“Ray's Review”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is a quiet little west side spot serving mainly steaks and seafood. The white table cloths and piano bar interior are a calming retreat in a fast food city. Mainly an affulent older crowd who live near by as it's kind of a hidden little gem.

The steak and seafood combination was well prepared and well presented and service was prompt and courteous on our visit.

• Visited June 2012