“A bad experience”

Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
El Paso, Texas
“A bad experience”
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I can't believe the glowing reviews for this BW. Selected this hotel based on the reviews and the BW brand. Upon arrival we were told we were #2 of reservations for the night. Since we are elite BW Rewards members I believed we would get a good room. Not so. We were put on the first floor near the vending machines and elevator and bathrooms. Thinking the hotel would be quite we went into our room. Although tidy I would not call it CLEAN like other reviews. Rug was fraying. No Kleenex so went to front desk. The clerk did not exchange 1 word with me as she went to get me some. The toilet in the room would keep running water after each flush and need our attention after every flush. The sheets were scratchy in need of replacing. The heat/ac was very loud with the fan and volume on TV needed to be adjusted each time fan increased. Fan never shut off although set on auto. Remote for large box TV was difficult to work needed to be pushed a number of times to move station or channel.
The next day we returned to our room to discover no housekeeping. Upon reporting this to desk clerk I was informed that we had a Do Not Disturb sign on our door. After I explained that we removed the sign at 10:15 when we left she felt compelled to tell me I did not. Where is the nice friendly costumer service reported earlier???? I asked for a new room and this was granted in a very negative fashion with No Communication. I did not feel like a valued guess at this BW. Upon entering our new room we found no toilet paper so back to the front desk to ask for some. Our king bed had only 3 small pillows so we told the clerk we would like to borrow one from the old room and would return it in AM. The shower had a problem in both rooms with more water coming out of spout then the shower head. Towels in both rooms were paper thin and extremely small. No laundry bags in either room. As we settled on to read on bed one of the lamps did not have a bulb so we swapped out one from another lamp. Second room had a large crack in sink but toilet did flush and stop on it's own. In the AM we returned pillow to housekeeping and told front desk that we had done so. No one ever asked if we had a good stay. No smiles. Nothing. I just wonder what kind of treatment we were has gotten of we were not BW Elite Rewards Members. This hotel showed us it could care less about the service we for. Be for warned if you think the other reviews are more accurate. We have been on a road trip for 3 1/2 months and this two night experience ranked second worst of the trip. (First was near Big Bend where hotel was closed to attend a funeral and we had to take what was left.)
We needed to stay a third night in Fr. Worth and elected to move to another hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
HemantPandya, Owner at Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very valuable time. I am deeply concerned to find out that you had such an unpleasant experience at my hotel. Happy customers are what keep me in business and coming in to work each day.

I sincerely apologize if during your stay you received no housekeeping service, the toilet in your room didn’t work and the air conditioner was loud. I understand you had several concerns and felt the service you received didn’t reflect the comments on Trip Advisor.

I would like to speak to you directly to ensure this is an isolated incident. I would like to show you that I am serious in business, to show that we care for you... and see what can be done to bring you back to my property again.

Please contact me at the hotel directly so I can learn first hand and discuss this matter further. Ask for me, if I am not available, please; leave call back number so that I can call you back.

Hemant Pandya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Nice people at this Hotel, very friendly, even asked if the everything was okay with the room when I came down to the lobby after dropping off my bags in the room.
Bed was kinda hard for my liking, but very clean.
Didn't eat breakfast there, but look like a nice spread, allot of sweet and high crab foods, not much in the way of health selections.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and Vicky (front Desk) was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest Escapewire of great city of Buffalo, New York

Regards from Hemant Pandya (GM) And All Staff members

Thanks for choosing us while you had many choices. And thank you for your time in posting your review regarding our Property- Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites.

Your comments and feedback are very positive, generous, encouraging. And shall be passed on to all my team members.

We appreciate your patronage. We are in business because of happy guests like you. Please, come and stay with us again and again.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I was on business at the new Candlewood Suites on the other side of the 820 and stayed here over night. Great staff, top notch rooms (nice bed, large rooms, quiet, and spotless), nice amenities, and continental breakfast. Very nice hotel will be staying there again this May when we are doing the technology and TV install for Candlewood.
Thanks everyone for being so helpful and nice meeting you Mr. Pandya!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Regards from Hemant Pandya (GM) And All Staff members

Thanks for choosing us while you had many choices. We appriciate your time in posting your review regarding your stay at our Property.

We do appriciate your comments and feedback on our performance. And shall be passed on to all my team members.

We appreciate your patronage and I would like to greet you in person during your next stay with us. Please, ask for me once you are here.

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I am originally from Fort Worth but have been away for 1 year. I came back for business training and stayed at the Best Western FW Inn & Suites. I was greated by a curtious desk clerk and helped me with anything that i had questions on. The halls and carpet were very clean and no stains or dirt lines along the base. The room was very nice and tidy and a lot of little touches are put into it by the housekeeping staff! From the shower curtain, how the towels are specially folded and wrapped and even the bible laying open on the desk.. It all just made me smile!! When calling each day for my wake up call- the staff was friendly and always ended with a "Thank you Ma'am"!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
HemantPandya, Owner at Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2011
Dear Guest Llynn2207 from great city of Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Regards from Hemant Pandya (GM) And All Staff members

We always try to make wide range of guests smile when they leave us, and make them our well-wisher. We do ask them to pray for us as well.

Many guests are too busy to post their reviews. But, we get job satisfaction to hear from happy guests like you- who are eager to appreciate our hard work and encourages us to give better and better services each time for the next guest.

Thanks for your generous words. We hope to see you soon.

Accept our sincere thanks for sparing time and have a very blessed future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We booked this hotel online and we weren't sure what we may end up with. I have to say, this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The service was great, the room was clean, and the breakfast had a lot of variety. I didn't feel crammed into a room, instead there was room to breathe!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Weisz72
Hemantica, Owner at Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Dear Guest Weisz72 of Houston, Texas

Regards from Hemant Pandya (GM) And All Staff members

Only 10% of all happy guests like you are eager to appreciate our hard work and encourages us to give better and better services each time you are here.

Thanks for your generous words. We hope to see you soon.

Accept our sincere thanks for sparing time and have a very blessed future.

early, Texas, USA
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Beautiful room-perfect for us. Great staff...friendly. Will stay again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Hemantica, Owner at Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Dear Anne76_8 of Location:early, Texas, USA

Regards from Hemant Pandya (GM) And All Staff members

satisfied and best guests like you: are our CERTIFICATES. You'll encourage us to give better and better services each time you are here.

Only thanks, thanks, and thanks for your generous words. We hope to see you again and again and again...

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 March 2011

The hotel was very clean. There was not a speck of dust in the corners of our room, the tiled floor parts were sparkling, the rug was free of debris, the sheets were clean with no staining, and the mattress cover and mattress itself were clean (yes, I check these things). In short, the housekeeping staff must go over every room with a magnifying glass to keep it as clean as it is.

The manager and all members of the staff were extremely friendly, respectful, and generally seemed to enjoy their job.

I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in the Ft. Worth area. The hotel is right off the highway so it's about a 10 minute drive into the Downtown area and 10 minutes from the Stockyard tourist area. Also, it's located near a Waffle house, 2 pharmacies, many fast food joints, and a Wal-mart. Everything is at your fingertips and this hotel is certainly friendly to the budget conscious traveler.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Hemantica, Owner at Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Dear Guest Kristydances of Location:Rhode Island

Regards from Hemant Pandya (GM) And All Staff members

Now that you have praised us so much that: "We will have to put in more Life in our work and get better results. (It is like Preacher's son- Must not make errors)"

Many happy guests like yours- encourages us to provide you with better and better services each time you are here.

Thanks for your generous words. I do not have more words to thank you. We hope to see you soon.