“this place needs to be closed”
Review of Hotel Texas

Hotel Texas
Ranked #89 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were a party of 4 and only stayed 1 night. The Toilet did not flusch, no Toilet paper and the toilet seat came undone with me on it. No light bulbs no Coffee and lots of drunk people knocking on doors and sceaming. We will never ever put foot in the place again. The Lady that runs the place could not get her butt out of bed at 10 am and was rude the night before. The place should be condemned

Room Tip: stay far away
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Marion B
There are newer reviews for Hotel Texas

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Nothing, it does need modernising, but for what we paid we were not expecting much but it was absolutely spot on for us as a base. I read awful reviews prior to staying but went anyway. I think the other reviews are unfare. The saying "you get what you pay for" is so true. Don't expect the ritz and you won't be disappointed.

For me it was clean, the bed was comfy and the location was excellent.

I would stay again if I was to visit the area in the future

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John B
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel many years ago when visiting the Fort Worth Stockyards and decided to return. It hasn't changed - in fact I don't thing it has even been redecorated. The rooms are VERY VERY SMALL and there is no space for clothes other that hooks on the wall. The staff is not overly friendly - but passible- and the hotel amenities are non-existant. BUT there is something about the place, and I can't put my finger on what it is, that makes the hotel likeable. It is a 'one-off' establishment that you will not ever see anywhere else in the States. The bonus for staying at the Hotel Texas is that you are right in the middle of the Fort Worth Stcockyards with all the 'buzz' and excitement going on all around you. GREAT!!! If I ever visit the Stockyards again I will stay at the Hotel Texas

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rmcefife
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We booked this hotel knowing we weren't going to be in the room much and didn't need an expensive hotel for our stay. We all had several rooms reserved. Luckily, our particular room was cool via a NASTY window unit. The group we went with, their rooms were literally scorching hot!!!!! Sheets were nasty and musty smelling. Lady at the front desk was extremely rude. Parking is shady and you must pay $5 and after 11 am, they rope your car in where you can't get out.. Needless to say, we won't be returning! And on a Saturday night, be ready to hear the club next door and endless drunk people on the streets!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My fiance and I had a perfectly fine experience at the Hotel Texas. We were in town from Dallas to check out the stockyards, eat at Joe T. Garcia's, and see Willie Nelson at Billy Bob's. Check-in was quick and hospitable. Seeing as this hotel is an older one, the retro, older furniture inside was appropriate and functional. Room and bathroom were clean and fresh. The location was great and allowed us to walk to all the above-mentioned venues. We parked on a side street, which made us a bit dubious, but worked out fine. We plan to stay there again this month!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D D
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place is very near to the stockyards and also has better pricing . Hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming . The rooms were well maintained and the breakfast served in morning is nice too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The photos on the website look nothing like what is there! The beds had torn bed spreads that were disgusting. I found NOT one BUT two roaches in my bed! There was a crack spoon left in the top drawer of the broken dresser (which by the way was filthy) There was NO air conditioning the room temperature never got below 80 degrees. There is NO ONE at the front desk 24 hours we tried to complain but no one was at the front desk. We booked what was said to be a double room with double beds. The room was small and the beds were full size beds. Outside the hotel the music from surrounding bars was so loud we could not sleep. There were thugs hanging out in the little parking area next to the hotel. The hotel has not parking so you have to park in an alley way and pay $5.00 to park there. There were no actual parking spots so you risked your vehicle being damaged by the cars coming in and out. They were parked very close together. We were made to pay a deposit to get the key to our room which we just paid $100 for. We were not returned our deposit once the key was turned in. I tried to check out the next morning and there AGAIN was no one at the desk. Although the lobby was ice cold the air did work there. I guess we should have brought our pillows and slept in the lobby!! I was standing at the desk and then actually had to call the hotel to get someone to come to the front desk. A lady came out in her pajamas and was rude as hell because I actually NEEDED a receipt. I complained to her about the hotel rooms and what all we had experienced. She told me okay and that I was being charged $100 to my credit card. I did express my feelings toward her hotel and told her I'd never be back!! BE CAUTIOUS! This hotel looked inviting but it was a nightmare!!!!!

Room Tip: crack pipe found in dresser drawers in room 6 air conditioning does not work in room 6 bed bugs fo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family