“Worst hotel ever! Embarrassment to the Stockyards and Fort Worth! NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Texas

Hotel Texas
Ranked #92 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Worst Hotel Service EVER! Rude and unfriendly and an embarrassment to The Stockyards and Fort Worth. Never ever again will I ever spend my money on this sorry establishment and its rude staff! So called manager is unfriendly, rude, and inconsiderate. No ice, no remote, and a careless staff. Owners should be ashamed!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stayed the weekend here for a concert. It's close to all the Stockyard attractions. I was skeptical at first due to previous reviews but it really wasn't that bad! True, the customer service isn't that great but it could be worse and you can just as bad at a five star hotel. The rooms are kind of small and the hot water is temperamental but this is a very old building. Unless your trying to do yoga, do you really need a huge room to pass out in after leaving the bar? It is kind of noisy outside at night but not enough that you can't sleep. If your so delicate that you can't sleep through noise and get your panties in a wad over someone not being overly-fake friendly to you when you arrive then you should probably not travel in the first place. I will definitely stay here again due to the price and location alone!!! Plus the beds are comfortable!!!

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Always-set-on-go
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I understand the hotel is old and in original historic condition which for the low price I accept, but the customer service stunk. When I asked for extra towels I was directed to the laundry room. When the toilet stopped up, I was handed a plunger and the light went out, I was handed a bulb. Also, the credit card machine didn't work. There is no maid service on Mondays and they forgot to clean the room the next day. Everything was dingy and dusty. Holes in the bathroom and shower and the toliet paper holder was broken. Very frustrating experience. When you are limited space and budget-wise, you should really try to excel in customer service. I will not come back here!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Caughtupinthemoment
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were a party of 4 and only stayed 1 night. The Toilet did not flusch, no Toilet paper and the toilet seat came undone with me on it. No light bulbs no Coffee and lots of drunk people knocking on doors and sceaming. We will never ever put foot in the place again. The Lady that runs the place could not get her butt out of bed at 10 am and was rude the night before. The place should be condemned

Room Tip: stay far away
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marion B
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

Nothing, it does need modernising, but for what we paid we were not expecting much but it was absolutely spot on for us as a base. I read awful reviews prior to staying but went anyway. I think the other reviews are unfare. The saying "you get what you pay for" is so true. Don't expect the ritz and you won't be disappointed.

For me it was clean, the bed was comfy and the location was excellent.

I would stay again if I was to visit the area in the future

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank John B
fife
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel many years ago when visiting the Fort Worth Stockyards and decided to return. It hasn't changed - in fact I don't thing it has even been redecorated. The rooms are VERY VERY SMALL and there is no space for clothes other that hooks on the wall. The staff is not overly friendly - but passible- and the hotel amenities are non-existant. BUT there is something about the place, and I can't put my finger on what it is, that makes the hotel likeable. It is a 'one-off' establishment that you will not ever see anywhere else in the States. The bonus for staying at the Hotel Texas is that you are right in the middle of the Fort Worth Stcockyards with all the 'buzz' and excitement going on all around you. GREAT!!! If I ever visit the Stockyards again I will stay at the Hotel Texas

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rmcefife
Carthage, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We booked this hotel knowing we weren't going to be in the room much and didn't need an expensive hotel for our stay. We all had several rooms reserved. Luckily, our particular room was cool via a NASTY window unit. The group we went with, their rooms were literally scorching hot!!!!! Sheets were nasty and musty smelling. Lady at the front desk was extremely rude. Parking is shady and you must pay $5 and after 11 am, they rope your car in where you can't get out.. Needless to say, we won't be returning! And on a Saturday night, be ready to hear the club next door and endless drunk people on the streets!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends