“Dont Do It!!”
Review of Hotel Texas

Hotel Texas
Ranked #89 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Horrible experience,.... old deco, not antiques. Rude service....I'd rather stay at the Salvation Army. Musty mildew smell... no coffee, no cont breakfast that was promised.

• Stayed: December 2008

Reviewed 11 November 2008

Other than being close to the Stockyards this motel has nothing to offer unless you like dirty towels, noisy rooms and not even a coffee at any time. There was a coffee machine sitting there without coffee or any staff members to speak to.

There are 4 parking spaces at the rear if you dare park there.

This motel however looked a lot more appealing than some of the others further up the road!!! Unless you can afford the expensive Hyatt stay away and drive to the stockyard rodeos.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2008

When we checked in, the manager/owner/whatever was very unpleasant. The check-in form asked if we had AARP or AAA which we do, she told us they were too close to the Stockyards area to give discounts. She showed us to our room with two queen beds and we immediately noticed that the light on the ceiling fan did not work. She said it was broken but the lamps worked. (no apology) Parking was on the street. We brought all our bags in, settled in, decided to clean up and found there was no soap, no glasses, and we noticed there were no pillowcases. The bed pillows had shams on them but there actually were no bed pillows. I went back to the lobby and had to knock on her door. She asked what I wanted without opening the door. I told her. She came out frowning and I asked for soap, glasses, and pillowcases. She gave me soap, four plastic cups, and two pillowcases. The next morning, we noticed one of the beds had stains on the sheets. (hopefully these were clean sheets with stains, not dirty sheets.) Also, the doorknob was loose. The next morning we checked out at about 8:00 and there was only cold coffee in the lobby. We had planned to stay two nights but one night's experience was enough. This experienxce cost $96 with tax.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank arkiefarmer1
Reviewed 13 August 2007

I booked this hotel for a weekend trip involving three of my girlfriends/colleagues and me. Some of the descriptions we read referred to the decor as "authentically western." We thought the prices were very reasonable and that it might prove to be a fun little place catering to eccentrics who prefer to stay off the beaten path. Well, let me tell you, it was the worst hotel in which I have ever stayed and that includes trips as a child when my parents opted for the Super 8 and Motel 6 to save money. Please note that three of the four people in my party are well traveled women who have stayed in places where a utilitarian approach to lodging is celebrated. Even those three women had big problems with this place. We arrived to find that two of our three rooms were not ready. The housekeeper was blatantly rude as I approached the door to my room. We then realized that two of has who had paid for separate rooms had been given the key to the same room. The phones didn't work for room-to-room calls, so we had to use our cell phones to schedule activities, sending text messages to stay in touch. We asked to place our bags behind the front desk on the last day of our stay so that we could take in some activities without having to carry our bags around with us. The desk clerk refused to allow it and suggested that we leave them in the lobby all day. The rooms were so poorly appointed as to have made me uncomfortable even thinking about sleeping with the covers pulled up over my body. I would bet my next paycheck that they purchased the draperies and linen from second hand stores. The shower was so small that I had to place my feet one by one outside the shower in front of me to shave my legs. The "authentically western" decor amounted to plastic decorative cowboy boots with plastic flowers. For God's sake, they even had fake greenery in the planter located in front of this awful establishment, which puts turning a dishonest buck way out in front of helping to provide a pleasant environment in which the Cowboy Culture, so important to American history, can be experienced. Do yourself a big favor and stay away!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
6  Thank kandbmcheff
Reviewed 21 February 2007

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and found the experience decent but mostly convenient.(It is walking distance from cowtown)However, after reading the mostly negative reviews, I decided to give them a another chance and see for myself if it had really gotten that bad. So I called on Wednesday afternoon to check if there was any vacancy for the upcoming Friday. The lady that answered the phone told me to call back in 2 hours.(I thought to myself-either you have a room or you don't) When I asked her WHY, she replied,"Because I am busy that's why!" I was in shock that someone in the hospitality industry could be so ignorant. I simply answered,"That's okay, I'll find somewhere else to stay." It saddens me and is very hard to believe that such a wonderful historic Texas hotel could be taken over by unprofessional,rude people that to say the least are NOT from Texas. My advice--stay somewhere down the highway and get a cab.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
9  Thank crazeecowgrl
Reviewed 28 December 2006

We decided that we wanted to be on the North Side for New Years Eve and did not want to drive home afterwards, so on the off chance there might be a room vacant I called The Texas Hotel on December 28th 2005. They said they had one vacancy and the room would be $104 for the night for two people. We arrived there on 12/31/06 and realized they only have 4 parking spots, so we had to park down the street and carry our bags up the street to the hotel.

Once inside, we had to endure the woman at the desk arguing with the people in front of us over what price they had to pay for the room they had reserved, when this was finally settled, we gave her our info, and she said the room would be $125 for the night, I told her she had quoted me $104 when I secured the reservation with my credit card and that was all we were going to pay, she finally agreed after digging around for ten minutes, gave us a key (it didn't work and she ended up giving us the master key to the room) we got to the room and there was a bottle of champagne on the table, which was nice but the room was not very clean (i.e. dusty surfaces, cobwebs & dirty bathroom) we survived the night (beds are comfy and we were sober) the next morning we went to get coffee and continental breakfast, what a joke, there were 4 bananas a few croissants that could have been used for building blocks and coffee that had apparently been made the day before. This hotel would be tolerable if the rooms were $49 -$59 a night. Next time I will stay with Tom Bodet. My opinion is NEVER AGAIN.

SK
Lewisville, TX>

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled with friends
4  Thank suemesue55
Reviewed 23 May 2006

The room was clean but the service left a lot to be desired the breakfast on some mornings was none existant and on other days were the left overs from the previous mornings. The only really good thing is the location a short walk into the centre of Stockyards

• Stayed: April 2006