“Short stay but will be back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosen House Inn

Rosen House Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Hico, Texas
“Short stay but will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

My husband & I stayed only one night in December. The home was beautiful, room was nice, the bed was like a cloud and breakfast was very tasty. It is in a neat historic area of Ft. Worth near great restaurants. We moved away from the city last summer and enjoy coming back to Ft. Worth. We will be back again for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Magnolia room, but all rooms looked beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bremen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Basically we planned to stay for just two nights. But from the very first second we lost our heart at the Rosen House Inn - so we stayed two more nights! As the Rosen House Inn was nearly booked out and our visit was very spontanous, we had to switch rooms every day. The great thing about that: We had the chance to sleep in every single room, and each room was a different experience.

With a lot love to the details this victorian house is more a time capsule than a B&B! All kinds of different antiques make you stay much more interesting - like this original old paper from 1963, two days after Kennedy was shot! The rooms are all very cosy and lovely, comfty beds, and what a great breakfast. Deb, the inn-keeper, accomplished every single breakfast-desire, from Eggs Benedict to Cinnamon French Toast to pancakes with fresh berries. And great restaurants are within walking distance - you HAVE to try "Mijo's Fusion", where Mexican food meets Thai food. Superb!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

From the time I left NY, a chilly 45 to lovely DFW at 75! I got to the Bed and Breakfast and Deb was great checking me in to my room. I of course even though it was October brought my bathing suit, looking at the weather it was going to be 75 to 85 the whole trip. That is swimming weather in NY :)
Enjoyed 3 swims while I was there, Coffee on the front porch in the mornings, a nice glass of wine in the evening. My Trip though was extended because of Hurricane Sandy! Kelly was able to accommodate me for an extra 2 days due to flight cancellations. I was depressed that I would miss Halloween back home, though Kelly made sure I enjoyed it with her and Jason and I did!! will come back again and again. it is like a home away from home!

Room Tip: the Fairmount Suite is AWESOME! as the bathroom is as big as the bedroom with his and hers sinks and...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed here twice on a recent trip to USA. Once after arriving at DFW airport and again before leaving DFW. Both times we were welcomed warmly into a home decorated with antiques. It felt as though it was a step back in time. Great bedroom upstairs with lovely clean bedding, stocked fridge, coffee machine, good wifi connection and a geat breakfast both visits. As we were leaving for overseas that same day we were able to regroup our luggage and tidy up our rental car in the privacy of the grounds of the B and B. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when next visiting Dallas Fort Worth area.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the huge bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We loved the special touches like a Keurig Coffee maker right out our bedroom door, an upstairs frig with water and soft drinks, cookies by the front door and best of all, a private swimming pool in a lovely backyard for B&B guests. Also liked the free wi-fi and in room televisions. Breakfast was great with wonderful french pressed coffee. This place beats all the LaQunita types on the other side of TCU and the price is so reasonable. Great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed at the Rosen House Inn for one night while on a week-long trip to Texas. After several days in different hotels, I was so happy to have a wonderful night at the Rosen House Inn. The house is beautifully decorated, warm and inviting, located in the historic Fairmount residential district. Kelley, Jason and Deb were all very helpful with recommendations in the area -- It is a short ride to downtown (where you can park free after 5 pm and on the weekends), and a close walk to numerous restaurants on Magnolia Avenue. Kelley was very accommodating when I showed up a bit early, and Deb prepared me a wonderful breakfast in the morning. The room was great and had everything I needed for a relaxing evening: tv, comfy bed, nicely stocked bathroom, bottled drinks, coffee, and wine. And the price was at or below what I'd been paying for hotels. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a nice spot in Fort Worth.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo